Special rooms for fishermen

mike leslie

Special rooms for fishermen

Post by mike leslie »

Redlion Hotel of Redding Wants to make are hotel your home away from home. With Phil from Phils prop shop we will have special rates for you, you'll be able to park your boats and trucks in front of your rooms and run electic cords to your boats also. In room coffee pots and resaurants, hot tubs and pool. You can call 530-221-8700 And make sure to use code BASS. Good luck Guys
Last edited by mike leslie on Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rico

Re: Special rooms for fishermen

Post by rico »

How many rooms are available and what are your special rates?
SFD3RNGR

Post by SFD3RNGR »

What tournament are the rates good for? Are they specific for one particular group ie. Won, FLW. I attempted to call and it was like pulling teeth. Finally, I made it through, the 4th is filing up quick and there are plenty on the 5th with a rate of 89.00. Good luck. John Call: 530-221-8700 house resv.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

$89.00 a night, that is no special rate. Motel 6, has hookups, etc and it runs around $55.00 normal rate. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
miklanderson

Post by miklanderson »

I'd hope this place would be a little nicer than a Motel 6...
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

Rico we have 16 Double Queens and 7Queens rates are $94.95 for the Double and $89.95 for Queen. Hope we can help you guys
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

Sorry Bk but you said it its Motel 6 Not 1st Class
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

Thanks it is . we are a 1st class hotels and in the rooms we pillow top matress, wireless internet Just to name a few. Loking forward to earn your bussines
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

that is for all tourneys. Please let us know if we can help you.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Booked at the "six" for 39 and change. Big diff for a place to sleep. Just renting the place. Not buying it.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

The Red Lion is a nice place, definately a cut above. But then again, you're only sleeping there not spending the day.... $40 difference is almost 3 launches at Bridge Bay LOL
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Hey, the other motel/hotel may be lot's nicer(maybe) but for a room, shower, heat and shower and hookups for the charger, Motel 6 at Twin View Blvd is just fine and half the price. But you are welcome to stay and spend your money where you want. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
miklanderson

Post by miklanderson »

LOL...Guess I'm just getting spoiled. I like staying somewhere a little nicer when I can. With the gas prices the way they are, I may not be able to afford anything other than Motel 6...
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

Everybody has their own choices, We Just try to make it more comfortable for our guests. If you can do it come see us if not good luck in the tourney.
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

Sorry to say but if you can't tell the difference in Motel6 and redlion wellllllllllll? Lol
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

The difference is that the Motel 6 will be completely booked :lol:

Good luck with your marketing efforts, you all do have a nice hotel there. :wink:
Dewayne

Re: It's a nice place

Post by Dewayne »

I have stayed there with the family a couple time. The Red Lion is a nice place, it is close to many good places to eat, and has good parking. It does cost a lot more than Motel 6 though.

I think what Mike does not understand is tournaments are not a vacation for us, they are a business and a motel is an expense. All we need is a relatively clean place to sleep and a place to park/charge our boats. We do not get a chance to enjoy the amenities that make his fine motel worth $100 a nite.

While Motel 6 is a fine for most anglers if you are taking your wife and kids the Red Lion is the place to stay.
Last edited by Dewayne on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dewayne
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Seems like MR. Leslie came on here to provide a nice option for anglers..So what is the purpose of negative posts? Come on try and be positive guys. The "six" can be a scary place in a lot of locations.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Jim Conlow Sr.

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

Not Scary in Redding, yes scary in Antioch or pittsberg

Many guys have to sleep in their pickups, others need the economy of motel 6. Many are struggling to be able to fish tournaments at all. So here on the forum when someone makes a statement about prices for anything, many of us try to be helpful by helping them to save money if they need to. For instance we have had a lot of postings on which vehicles give us the best gas economy
[i][b]Ride With a [size=200]Legend[/size][/b][/i]
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/legend.jpg[/img]
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

My point Jim was not to knock the guy who made the post..These type of posts make people think why did I bother. You can always make a new post about another option..I thought my post made this obvious. Yes tournament fishing is costly to most.
jcruz

Post by jcruz »

Thanks Mike. Some guys competing who may travel with a family appreciate you stepping up and providing another lodging option. I know when I travel to Shasta with my wife the Motel 6 is never an option!
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Check the posts Johnny C. Mr. Leslie was the one that turned the negative slant to the competitor. As well I believe this whole thread is ONLY to advertise his business. He points out that it is a standard group rate. Somebody needs to read rule number 6 of the posting rules. I like WesternBass without advertisement threads.
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Robert I read it again because I could of been wrong. But I still read it the same..."$89.00 a night, that is no special rate"...before any reply from Mr. Leslie....Why don't we go into the classifieds and comment to the sellers that their price is too high. My point is some things are better left unsaid or put into a new thread..Merry Christmas Robert and good fishing at Shasta.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Bill K wrote:$89.00 a night, that is no special rate. Motel 6, has hookups, etc and it runs around $55.00 normal rate. Bill K :)
If you like towel's that feel like sand paper and Roach's running around your room then I guess $55 would be a bargin. I work all over the state and stay in Motels all the time. I hate Motel 6. I would rather sleep in my truck than a motel 6. They are the crappiest CHAIN motels bar none in this state. Let me put it too you this way, And I'm dead serious, I wouldnt stay in a Motel 6 if it was FREE. If I cant afford a nice Motel, then I shouldnt be fishing out of town.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I appreciate that thier is an alternetive to the DREADED 6 as well and glad to read it here.

I found discarded hard candy and a bugger filled used tissue in my bed there once. Still gives me the chills.

I'm sure many of you have read or seen the investigations on motel/hotels. Even the most luxurious can be disgusting.
I had to come back...I know...
Brian

Post by Brian »

MIKE TREMONT wrote: I'm sure many of you have read or seen the investigations on motel/hotels. Even the most luxurious can be disgusting.

Funny you should say that Mike, CHECK THIS OUT.

http://www.bestviral.com/video/6629/don ... el_glasses
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

That's the latest one I've seen. I know there's worse than that :shock: !

One of the reasons you'll see me sleeping in the back of the SUV.

Don't let the bed bugs bite.
I had to come back...I know...
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

Like I said before guys everyone has their own taste! I didn't go on here to cause trouble and all the negative stuff, I did it for an alternative for you guys, and no just so you know the stander rate is $ 124.95 when people come in to get a room and some are even higher. For you who would like to stay here as they say come on down we will treat you very good, I want to wish you all good luck in the tourneys, and all of you have happy Holidays. Mike
Elmhurst bassman

Post by Elmhurst bassman »

$45,000 boat
$45,000 truck
$10K in tackle
$500-$1000 in gas for boat and truck
$$$ for launches/ food/ drink and the baits you ran out of.

and a bunch of crying over an extra $34 for a room??? Priceless!!

Have fun in that Sh@$bag known as motel 6...I swear this place is like real housewives of orange county minus the big cans!

Merry Christmas!!
Stratos278

Re: Motel 6

Post by Stratos278 »

Brian wrote: If you like towel's that feel like sand paper and Roach's running around your room then I guess $55 would be a bargin. I work all over the state and stay in Motels all the time. I hate Motel 6. I would rather sleep in my truck than a motel 6. They are the crappiest CHAIN motels bar none in this state. Let me put it too you this way, And I'm dead serious, I wouldnt stay in a Motel 6 if it was FREE. If I cant afford a nice Motel, then I shouldnt be fishing out of town.
BUT...they keep the light on for ya... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
skandy

Post by skandy »

I have a room booked at the "Six" for the Won Pro/AAA for less than $50 a night if anyone would like to spilt the cost.
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

Elmhurst bassman wrote:$45,000 boat
$45,000 truck
$10K in tackle
$500-$1000 in gas for boat and truck
$$$ for launches/ food/ drink and the baits you ran out of.

and a bunch of crying over an extra $34 for a room??? Priceless!!

Have fun in that Sh@$bag known as motel 6...I swear this place is like real housewives of orange county minus the big cans!

Merry Christmas!!
My sentaments exactly
Ray Vanacore
ESOXS Rods Rep
Ray Vanacore
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

Regardless of the price differences and accomodations, we should be flattered and thankful for outside industry help. I'm thankful for any organization that at least tries, in there own way, to help fisherman and our sport. I hope the negativity will not keep others from posting here and further expanding the options in the sport. Whether you're going to stay there or not, why shut em down and in-turn give a negative vibe to folks outside of our sport...
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

We here at Redlion Hotel in Redding hope all of guys had a great christmas and a happy new yr. Thank you also for the good vibes most of you are putting out. Hope you all have a great year fishing. We hope to earn some of you guyses bussines. Mike Leslie
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

skandy wrote:I have a room booked at the "Six" for the Won Pro/AAA for less than $50 a night if anyone would like to spilt the cost.
Seperate beds hopefully :wink: BWAHAHHAHA Just kidding!!!!!
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

Hi guys just to let you know I do know some about tourney fishing, I used to work in sales at Oasis Watersport and sold alot of Rangers, and when you guys came in or called I would always try to help as best I could. yes I know Gary, Howard, and a bunch more. When I came to Redlion and became sales mgr I said I would do as much as I could, so I went to the GM and told him that you guys need eletric hookups, to be able to park your boats and things in front of your rooms. Again If I can do anything in my power please let Me know. Mike Leslie
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

Congratulation Mark for your win here at Shasta Lake last weekend. Mark please let me know how I can get ahold . Mike Leslie Redlion Hotel Redding 530-224-6616
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

Great Job to the local fisherman on last weekends tournament. And big congrates to the disabled fisherman, I'm also so disabled so great job, and again great job to all of you Mike Leslie Redlion Hotel
mike leslie

Post by mike leslie »

we at Redlion Hotel have had a few of you Bass fishermen try us out, and all said they were very happy with us! Give us a try I thinkl you will see how nice and comfertable it is here. Don't forget to ous the code name BASS. if I can help please feel free to call me@ 530-224-6606. Thanks and good luck guys Mike Leslie