TUNDRA TOW VECHILE QUESTION

GEORGE D.

TUNDRA TOW VECHILE QUESTION

Post by GEORGE D. »

IF ANYONE OWNS A TUNDRA JUST WONDERING WHAT MUFFLER DO YOU RECOMEND PUTTING ON A TUNDRA V8 LIKE TO HAVE THAT DEEP SOUND BUT NOT IN THE CAB WIFE WOULD NOT GO FOR THAT NOISE IN CAB THANKS GEORGE
basshunter4u

Re: TUNDRA TOW VECHILE QUESTION

Post by basshunter4u »

George, I have a 2003 full size tundra with V8 AC the works, I pull an 07 ranger 520 all over the state. I would not alter the exhaust system at all. If you make it sound better you will want to hear that all the time thus useing more fuel to hear it. They say you will get better milage with a new system which is true but if your like all the rest of us that like to hear the roar and be cool when you cruse down the road it will cost you more money to pull your rig. I hear that by summer 4.00 for the cheap stuff.

Don Osborne

www.swimbaitcity.com
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded
bubba

Post by bubba »

I have a 2007 Tundra and there is a factory CAT bak system that is available (I think they have some of the TRD SR5 models that have them). It provides the sound you are looking for but is not suppose to be so loud as to be annoying. Its TRD product so warranty would not be affected.
FishaHallic

Post by FishaHallic »

I agree with basshunter, when I put in dual exhaust in my truck with the nice mufflers I found myself excellerating quicker than normal to hear the sound. I also found myself paying for a couple extra speeding tickets because of this :( . Needless to say my last 2 trucks I kept the factory exhaust.

Good luck
Florida transplant, miss my Bass fishing
rico

Post by rico »

A Magnaflow muffler will give you the sound you want without the cab drone.