Merced area?

dockboy

Merced area?

Post by dockboy »

Does anybody know about the fishing around the Merced region? I was accepted into the university there a few weeks ago, and was wating back from word at Davis up north. I didn't get in there, but I've been looking Merced for a while. I know about the Yosemite area from flyfishing the Sierras a lot, but not much about the bassin' around those parts. Any notable spots :?:
jaime7819

Re: Merced area?

Post by jaime7819 »

Pedro, McClure, Eastman, Hensley, San Luis, Los banos creek res. are all within an hour.
plungers

Post by plungers »

Merced has a lot of great fishing in the surounding areas. Don Pedro, Mc Clure and Eastman are less than 45 minutes away.
As of now Merced has no local clubs. If You want to fish tourneys there are lots of them, ABA, Nor-Cal bass, Future pro tour, Anglers Choice, 100 percent, and Bait Barns Open tourneys.
There are a lot of good fishermen in your area. I'm sure if you post you'll find someone to fish with.
Hope this helps Jim
dockboy

Post by dockboy »

Thanks guys, awesome to hear that. I still undecided as to exactly where I'm headin'. I'm not going to worry about the amount of clubs... my local area down here in SoCal only has two and I'm too young to fish in either. I'm used to the bigger organizations like NBW, ABA, and the like, so that's awesome. I've never fished spot lakes like McClure... should be awesome if I go there.
mvanguilder

Post by mvanguilder »

I guide on these lakes. Call me or email me if you need help. www.fishwrangler.net or mike@fishwrangler.net. (209) 604-8222 Mike Van Guilder Jr.
Stop by C & C marine in Modesto on your way through to Merced and talk to them. These guys love to fish and know the lakes well. They have no problem giving you advice. Mike
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

And have fun in school. I envy you.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY