Won Pro/Am Clear lake- wont make that gamble !

bassrman

Won Pro/Am Clear lake- wont make that gamble !

Post by bassrman »

What happens if I shell out $650 for the Won Bass @ Clear lake & I get some Idiot who finds a leaf or pine needle in my boat @ the Q-mussel inspection station & I dont pass ?, from what I read there is no decon stations in place & even if there was ?,I lose my entry because I cant get there untill late friday & miss my pre-fish & check-in ? at this time I will not take that gamble!.....
Ricky-S

Re: Won Pro/Am Clear lake- wont make that gamble !

Post by Ricky-S »

That's your call.

I'll be there for the WON and the Stren and I just returned from MEAD.

I am not worried one bit.

Give Hutch a call if you are really concerned.
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

what I am refering too !,is the way lake casitas staff,handeled the boat inspections,before they finally closed the lake !what a joke ! there will be so called inspectors doing the clear lake checks that dont have a clue ! untill I know' that they know, what they are doing !,I wont risk blowing my entry fee!,........bassrman...
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

and I also e-mailed Hutch today!,& he is also in the dark on the inspection details !.....
Dewayne

Re: It's as good an excuse as any

Post by Dewayne »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My only concern is if it rains. Sounds like they are working hard to reduce the risk, but have a good understanding of the financial impact that loosing bass tournaments would cause on the communities.

Let's see, they have the motels doing inspections. If you can not fish do you continue your stay at the motel?
Dewayne
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Don't base your judgement on the Casitas idiots. I think you're making a bigger deal out of this situation than it really is. As long as you're clean and dry, you're fine.
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

my problem is',the Won entry deadline is the 8th !,the inspections start on the 8th !,if the inspection process is a disaster!,(motel staff?),the Lake County people are putting the cart befor the horse!,they are just doing this to target the incoming tournament fisherman! there will be mass confusion next week!.....
basshunter4u

Post by basshunter4u »

Do you really think the city of Lake port is doing this for revenue? I know its tight all over the country but come on. If you have a concern get out there and clean your boat. Take it to the speedy wash for the outside. Get out there with your vaccuum, 409 and some paper towels and make that baby shine. Remember the overall look of the boat will make it easier and more comfortable to the inspection people and if its clean and dry it will pass. there is no need for people to be paranoid if you just clean your boat. Sure it will take some time but most of us need to clean them anyway

Don O
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

basshunter4u wrote:there is no need for people to be paranoid if you just clean your boat.
Bingo! this is usually all it takes to pass inspection!

Just need to practice a few simple routines...keep the bilge plug out and livewell on drain when not on the water, wipe all debris out the livewells (leave a towel over the drain tubes to catch any splash back (I also pull the screens) and give it quick wipe down after putting it on the trailer. If you have are traveling a fair distance, it couldn't hurt to give it a quick wipe down and double check the livewells before you get to the inspection station.

Bottom Line...Clean and Dry is fairly easy and simple to practice! This is becoming the status quo for the boating public.

I almost forgot...I have been fishing Havasu a fair amount lately and have been able to pass inspection a week later because I let them know of the Decontamination Proceedures I do before I leave AZ...that would be running a Vinegar Solution through both the bilge and livewell system for at least 15 minutes and then flushing it out at a self service car wash. The inspectors, both at the CA AG inspection station and the lake (one was DFG), were happy that I had a grasp on the situation and that was being very proactive towards the Quagga Mussel Situation.

G
The Scourge

ps. The hardest part for me is remembering to put the plug back in before launching :oops: as I very rarely used to ever pull it.
Dewayne

Re: It's OK Gary

Post by Dewayne »

It will become standard practice to check your plug. Even you should be able to learn that in a year or two. :) Luckily forgetting the plug is not a day ender with our Rangers. Don't ask how I know.
Dewayne
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

Dewayne wrote:Don't ask how I know.
Prolly the same way I know :lol:
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

I am not talking about LC getting fat on inspection revenue $,I am talking about the possibility of getting on the road to CL,with a clean & dry boat,& arriving at a inspection station in the rain (forcasted next week!),or possibly some debris ends up in your boat(slight but possible!),I can tell you !as quick as LC is implementing these inspections,it will not go smoothly!.......
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

As of this morning there is no clear plan from the county of Lake to regulate inspections, issue stickers or have a decontamination station implemented in time for the up coming tournaments.

Starting April 8th, the plan to prohibit boats without an inspection sticker to enter the lake however, is still in place!

The biggest problem is what to do with the hundreds of tournament anglers that are sitting in hotel rooms and not being allowed to launch their boats while the County of Lake is scrambling to put all this in place. I see the cart, but horse is no where to be found, if the county does not resolve this soon we will have a huge problem on our hands.

Sorry guys this is not paranoia, this a legitimate concern.
Last edited by Tobe on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

My concern is not the Stren or the WON, mine is the Anglers Choice or maybe fun fishing two days in a row. I only spend the night at Clear Lake during the Nutcase Classic, the other times I drive home.

I'm prefishing tomorrow and have a tournament there Saturday. If this were next week I think I'd be screwed. It's april things don't dry out that fast. I fish Friday drive home, then drive back Saturday for my tourny. Now, there is a strong possibility of getting turned away.

Bill
Just call me Tule bender
Bill Hutcheson

Post by Bill Hutcheson »

Gents -

I just got off the phone with Melissa Fulton who is the executive director of the Lake County Chamber of Commerce. She is one of key people who is involved in working with the Board of Supervisors in getting this thing up and running.

According to Melissa, common sense will prevail when it comes to these inspections The county is working very hard to get everthing up. A listing of 11 locations doing inspections should be up on the county website later tonight. This list will include the name, address, phone number, hours of operation, and days of the week the inspection station will be open.

Melissa also stated that the information that basshunter4u has posted above is right on. Clean and Dry should be your mantra. Do this and you'll pass inspection with no problem.

Rain? Melissa stated that if it is indeed raining, do not worry. As long as your boat is clean on the inside and the livewells are dry prior to them being opened in the rain, you will also pass. They are not going to be holding the militant anti-fisherman chip on thier shoulder that the Casitas Water Board and Ranger Aaron did back in February. They know that the anglers contribute to the county coffers and they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

To get the latest information, log on to www.lakecounty.com and click on the link just below the aquatic hitchikers stopsign. Again, the information probably will not be up until late tonight.

As far as bailing out on what should be two of this year's heaviest bass events, that is your call - but don't let the quagga deal be an excuse.....

Hutch
WON BASS
Make it idiot proof and someone will invent a better idiot
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

I let them know of the Decontamination Proceedures I do before I leave AZ...that would be running a Vinegar Solution through both the bilge and livewell system for at least 15 minutes and then flushing it out at a self service car wash.
Can you share this process a little more?
~ Tony
Bob Simard

Yeah - but Gary.........

Post by Bob Simard »

That's pretty much using the Honor System is it not?

"Heck Mr Inspector,I hose my boat down with veniger after every trip, only put my boat in Clearlake - honest, and it's been sitting in my garage the last 3 weeks!

I'm in technical sales Dude - and when I'm on I can convince a man on fire to take a cup of gasoline from me and drink it.

I'll be on next week fo sho!
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

hope they dont mind a little cat piss and hair. I got a new stray living in my garage. I am such a tree hugger, who else would spend $50K on a cat house?
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix