Lake Pardee, any boat restrictions? first timer!

StogieMan

Lake Pardee, any boat restrictions? first timer!

Post by StogieMan »

I plan to hit Pardee in the next week or two and want to know about restrictions, if any, my first time there. Perhaps the mussel issue/ inspection applies? or maybe a 2 stroke DFI only or what-ever it may be. Thanks
Steve Ericksen

Re: Lake Pardee, any boat restrictions? first timer!

Post by Steve Ericksen »

If you're boat is registered in Santa Clara County, you can't fish there.
www.PatTillmanFoundation.com
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

Stogie,
Yes, they have mussell inspection process as well they have limited restrictions on who can bring a boat there. If you've been to some restricted waters in the last 30 days, you cant fish there, or if you live in SoCal, or Santa Clara Co. you can't fish there.

Go to the link below for more info: http://www.ebmud.com/services/recreatio ... mussel.htm

Kopper_Bass
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Stogieman,

CLEAN and DRY!!!!

The inspection takes 10 minutes, you fill out a questionaire awnsering questions about where you reside, where the boat was last launched, what bodies of water it has been on in the last thirty days. They will then inspect your hull, sides of the boat, trailer, livewell and bilige area, they will check your drain plug and lower unit for signs of water so again CLEAN and DRY!!! Raise and lower your lower unit to get out any and all water.

I am going up this Saturday so last night I spent 30 minutes insuring all is wiped dry in the livewells etc. I keep might stuff up real well and in FEB and March had no problems there. I am no wrecovering form surgery and its game on FISHIN baby!!! :D :D
StogieMan

Lake Pardee. Thanks Guy's!

Post by StogieMan »

I appreciate the info, this is MUST KNOW stuff.
One more question, is the inspection process a one time deal? I ask because I actually plan to hit this lake 2 times in the near future, once to pre-fish and once for a club tournament.

So if I pass once am I good to go in say a couple of weeks??
Hipster

Re: Lake Pardee. Thanks Guy's!

Post by Hipster »

Stogieman,

Pardee is my favorite lake I frequent it alot in the summer months

NO LAKE LICE!!

The inspection is good for ONE WEEK ONLY!! and you must ask for the receipt, if you are to came back again you will then have to be reinspected after the seven day ticket.

Mark
photon

Post by photon »

I wish I could understand the thinking here. If you must pass a clean & dry inspection, why ban all boats from SC county or SoCal?

Is this just another example of bureaucratic retardation, or is there an understandable explanation?
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

Sorry if I have beat this to death :D one last question and I am done. Since I need to get inspected, actually twice based on this information, what time do they show up and who does the inspection? Would it be at the gate? again what time (HOW EARLY)
rich mendoza

Post by rich mendoza »

gates open at 5am inspection is just before the ramp
Tracie Conner

Post by Tracie Conner »

What about the 2 stroke motors..Are they alowed on that great lake
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

They used to provide a tie on your way out that went thru your bow eye that would allow you to skip an inspection .... boat could not have been in another lake without removing the tie first.
There are no 2 stroke / 4 stroke restrictions, no HP restrictions.... it is a 10 minute idle out of the ramp area out to the end of the "no wake" zone.
Dont have any ice in a built-in ice chest because if it is melting and running into your bilge you will have problems. I use a drain plug in my ice chest. Don't pee off the side of your boat !

Bring Money...... it is $15 for truck & boat + $9 for ramp + $6 for each person fishing.
It is a very nice, clean, well maintained facility..... best news is you cant get in the water so there are no skiers, wakeboard boats, jet skis or other parties to disrupt the fishing.