Going camping at lake sonoma need help

fishercurtis

Going camping at lake sonoma need help

Post by fishercurtis »

I'm going to a boat in site and need some advice on what the best sites are. Never been before. Wheres a good area to stay that would be quiet.(going with the wife and boys). Any suggestions on where to fish and what lures are producing. First timer at lake sonoma. Anyone know if they are doing inspections?
Thanks
Curtis
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
Paul W

Re: Going camping at lake sonoma need help

Post by Paul W »

Lake Sonoma is an awesome lake and I go there alot. I would recommend going up the Warm Springs arm and camping at one of the campsites on the left side going up the arm. They are all situated in quiet no ski/no wake areas and offer very productive water very closeby. I was there last week and did well fishing about 15' of water with 6" worms and small jigs. Also got one swimbait fish in the evening up shallow. Water temp was 65 I believe. When I was there last week I didnt launch till about 930am. The launch ramp parking lot attendant told me DFG had just left 5 minutes before, and they were inspecting all boats. Good luck

Paul W
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

Curtis,
You got your self a PM
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
D.B.COOPER

Post by D.B.COOPER »

Go into Cherry Creek and stay at Thumb Camp or Skunk Camp. You will not regret it. Best camp spots on the lake. Kind of sheltered. Most tournaments are won out of Cherry Creek. Check out westernbass tv Jason Cosner Lake Sonoma. It shows him in Cherry Creek fishing out in front of Thumb Camp. I'm jealous. Wish I was going. Good luck. D.B.COOPER 8)
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

Thumb Camp is where I caught the first 2 Wake Bait Jr fish. That camp ground is VERY tranquil not a lot of people go all the way back there and its no ski/no wake zone and as you can see it holds really good fish right around it!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
skandy

Post by skandy »

All good choices above. The camp sites in Warm Springs side are called Bucks Pasture if you decide to head to that side of the lake. Bring lots of Senkos and some topwater baits. See my recent report from last Saturday.
Good luck and have fun.
GEORGEBASS

Post by GEORGEBASS »

you can google search lake sonoma, then check one of the web site has the pictures of each camp ground. I was there last week with my family. yorty creek and warm spring have lots nice fish. have fun!
georgelu
justflipit

Post by justflipit »

spooks and wakebaits you can usually get some good fish flipping the trees in cherry if you want to catch alot of smallied throw spooks on the main lake points