Hopefully last question on tow vechicles....

FISH2WIN55

Hopefully last question on tow vechicles....

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

How many of you ae towing with a Tundra 4.7 L V8. likes and dislikes, and MPG. I am looking at a 4X2.
Thanks,
Roger
kb

Re: Hopefully last question on tow vechicles....

Post by kb »

Are you looking for a 08 Tundra with the 4.7 or an older one. Drop me a line if you are interested in a new Tundra and I can help you out and save you some money. I am towing with the 5.7 and getting 17.5 without the boat and 15 with the boat.

kb

Anybody in the market for any Toyota vehicle drop me a line and I can help you out......
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

PM KB -- Not for me -- I'll stick with my paid off trucks and feed them all the fuel they require till they die -- before I gotta pay money for a vheicle again !! 8)
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
FISH2WIN55

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

I would love to keep my Ford but the wife can't throw the new baby up the high into the back seat. Plus looking to get better MPG.
Thanks,
Roger
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

I'm a Yota truck fan but in all fairness.... the've never been the best w MPG...... I get 17+ not towing on the freeway and about 13.4 when towing (08 5.7 Crewmax 4x4)

R U talking the newer style (07-08 ) or the older style???

The advantage of the 4.7 is its a time proven Toyota reliable power plant w enough umph to meet yer bass rig tow needs....

the new 5.7 comes w a 6 speed tranny that gets essesntailly the same MPG as the 4.7 5-speed plus its an absolute power monster excelleration rocket :D it'l tow anything and then some.......... it's still pretty new though so only time will tell if it has Toyota's legendary reliability........ there were a few manufacturing issues during the first 07 run, but as far as I know the've all been corrected...

My only complaint is my truck seems to have larger than normal blind spots (and I have the tow mirrors) that took some getting used too.... plus since the bed is short, it was made taller than ave to up the CU FT capacity..... I back using mirrors anyhow but for guys that like to look back through the window, it's damn near impossible to see over the tailgate............. other than those two issues, the truck itself is awesome
FISH2WIN55

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

Thanks for the info. I noticed on fueleconomy.gov that the 5.7 gets 1 MPG better than he 4.7. I test drove one and was very impressed. I am gettng 13-14 MPG now so 17-20 would be a god sent.
Thanks,
Roger
cbwiii

Post by cbwiii »

Anyone tow a mid to large bass boat with a v-8 4 runner?
How is that?

I have an 06 4-runner that I use to tow a 18v Tournament Tracker (115).

Thinking of moving up to glass, to at least 19 ft, wondering if I'd need a new tow vehicle.
FISH2WIN55

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

Actually my dad tows his 86 19' Ranger with a V6 4 runner. He does no tow it very far but it seems to work.
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

If you decide to look at Nissan Titans...let me know. I can save you some $$

I drive the Pro-4X Off Road and it has the 5.6 L. It tows my Ranger 521 VX beautifully. I drive circles around KB on Hwy 20. LOL! I love his Tundra though...a very nice truck as well. You can't go wrong with either truck.

It is a buyers market on trucks and SUV's right now so be a tough negotiator!
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
kb

Post by kb »

yea and Caudawg thinks his 521 will go around my Triton too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

KB...thats no fair. You know I have a governor on my Merc that max's out at 40. :wink:
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer