YOUR toughest lake to fish

biteme

YOUR toughest lake to fish

Post by biteme »

Whats your toughest lake to get nailed down? I know everyone must have that one lake that you just cant lock in. What is it?
Mine would be Folsom. I have good days on that lake, I also have realy bad ones. Its by far the hardest lake Ive fished.
Whats yours?
jhorn

Re: YOUR toughest lake to fish

Post by jhorn »

F%^&*() Don Pedro! There are no good days there... at least for me.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Well being a Folsom local that spends more time some where else I disagree with you on it being hard to fish. I go with Oroville dink land. Tons of fish in there that weigh 1.7 Its fun, and the numbers go up for a culling nightmare! Nothing like placing in the top 10 with 9 plus pounds. :roll: A three pounder is a lunker in that place.
100% LL
Steve

Post by Steve »

Pardee seems to have gotten under my skin lately.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Lake Of The Pines, simply cause i cain't git in there no more!!!!!!!! :cry:
g-man

Post by g-man »

Cooch wrote:Lake Of The Pines, simply cause i cain't git in there no more!!!!!!!! :cry:
LOP?? hmmmm? Its better then the Delta, and Clear Lake. God I wish I could put some pressure on it. I have been there one time. WOW! 100 fish over 2, tons of 3 plus, 5 over 4, and 4 over 5! Unreal fun! Lost bigger fish. :evil: UNREAL!
100% LL
bluefisher

Post by bluefisher »

lop rocks
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

Lake Mohave in AZ/NV... Fished it a bunch cuz my uncle lives there but unable to have a good day on it

Scott
bass smacker

Post by bass smacker »

All of them :oops:
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

I would say Oroville Lake. Lot's of fish, but can never get into those large ones. Always under or in the slot, for me. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

Man Cooch, you don't hold nothin back, first given it up for the Cicada and now Lake of the Pines :lol: :lol:. Way to help out those in need :)
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Lake Casitas... 'the dead sea'. GREAT fishery, lots of fish in all size ranges, but man can it fish tough.

Course now that they closed it, then re-opened with their highly-restrictive inspection and tagging program, it matters to few. :twisted:

Oroville was tough to sort out the time I was there... fished it for two days a couple of years ago, and it was the first time I had been on one of those types of lakes. Didn't see the usual structure and cover I was used to, so it threw me for a loop. We were able to put something together, but it was a dinkfest for sure. Oh, and we were in my Tracker at the time, with a 50HP Merc, and MAN that lake was long!!! Took 45 minutes to run towards the top, only to get up there and turn back around to head for the American arm (IIRC). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
PETEY PETE

Post by PETEY PETE »

LAKE MERCED! HANDS DOWN
Dewayne

Re: Were pretty spoiled up here.

Post by Dewayne »

Lake Pleasant in Arizona has been the toughest I have ever seen. Next might be Lake Havasu.
Dewayne
biteme

Post by biteme »

g-man wrote:Well being a Folsom local that spends more time some where else I disagree with you on it being hard to fish. I go with Oroville dink land. Tons of fish in there that weigh 1.7 Its fun, and the numbers go up for a culling nightmare! Nothing like placing in the top 10 with 9 plus pounds. :roll: A three pounder is a lunker in that place.
I guess thats my problem. Just need to put more time in! Only been out four times this year.
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

Havasu. That place owns me.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Don Pedro been their 3 times only caught two fish.
green_monster

Post by green_monster »

g-man wrote:
Cooch wrote:Lake Of The Pines, simply cause i cain't git in there no more!!!!!!!! :cry:
LOP?? hmmmm? Its better then the Delta, and Clear Lake. God I wish I could put some pressure on it. I have been there one time. WOW! 100 fish over 2, tons of 3 plus, 5 over 4, and 4 over 5! Unreal fun! Lost bigger fish. :evil: UNREAL!
shhh... 8) The fishing used to be good but has really falling off recently. :roll: :wink: Don't even waste your time trying to get in/up there, just stick to the Delta. :wink:
"Work is for people who don't know how to fish!" unknown

http://www.folsombassteam.com
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

green_monster wrote:shhh... 8) The fishing used to be good but has really falling off recently. :roll: :wink: Don't even waste your time trying to get in/up there, just stick to the Delta. :wink:
Unfortunately, I don't own a house on that lake any more! I grew up fishing LOP starting back in 1963 when it first opened and my grand parents built the very first lake front house up on Lakeshore North! I have actually spent more years fishing LOP, than the River. It's a gated community, and ever since I sold my grandparents house to buy this one on Sandmound, I haven't been back! That Home Owners association up there is the worst on the planet! It's not at all that it's a tough place ta fish, it's an absolute AWESOME lil fishery, I just can't git in there twice a month like I used too! HAR! HAR! HAR!
FIVEtenthz

Post by FIVEtenthz »

Lake Chabot in Casto Valley. Those who know, know there is monsters in there but you can't take your own boat in there, the rental boats suck, so your next option is walking at least a mile on a hilly trail to get to a spot worth trying thats not packed with trout fisherman.
Backseater. It Feels Better From The Back!
www.deltabassclub.com
green_monster

Post by green_monster »

Cooch wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't own a house on that lake any more! I grew up fishing LOP starting back in 1963 when it first opened and my grand parents built the very first lake front house up on Lakeshore North! I have actually spent more years fishing LOP, than the River. It's a gated community, and ever since I sold my grandparents house to buy this one on Sandmound, I haven't been back! That Home Owners association up there is the worst on the planet! It's not at all that it's a tough place ta fish, it's an absolute AWESOME lil fishery, I just can't git in there twice a month like I used too! HAR! HAR! HAR!
The fishing is incredible. I've spent the last three years learning to bass fish up there. My in-laws moved up there 4 years ago and I quickly learned it was an awesome bass fishery. I've learned to fish jigs and swimbaits up there and have been able to apply those skills over to other lakes.

The Home Owners ***. definitely has it's issues. It always amazes me what their up to.

Cooch, what was the house # on Lakeshore North? I'm curious to see the house.

vonspreck
"Work is for people who don't know how to fish!" unknown

http://www.folsombassteam.com
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

Millerton and Pine Flat...Any lake by Fresno, they all suck. :cry:
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com
edbass

Post by edbass »

New Melones - I fished a TOC up there last year and it was the toughest fishing I have ever experienced.
g-man

Post by g-man »

edbass wrote:New Melones - I fished a TOC up there last year and it was the toughest fishing I have ever experienced.
stop reminding me of that hell hole! :shock: Day 2 of that toc caught a ton of rats weighed in one keeper under a pound! LMAO!
100% LL
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Dang g-man The Federation state fish off is there in October..I have not only not caught a fish there, I have never even seen the place..Sounds as though it is going to be a tough palce to make the state team..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
g-man

Post by g-man »

mac (Doyle McEwen) wrote:Dang g-man The Federation state fish off is there in October..I have not only not caught a fish there, I have never even seen the place..Sounds as though it is going to be a tough palce to make the state team..

mac
It was my first trip there, a lot of the guys in that TOC last year had a tuff weekend. But a few got them pretty good. I hear its a pretty good lake. Just not to me!

heres a pic from last year of some of the donkeys I caught

CN

Post by CN »

Los Banos Creek.The Damn place is either on fire or you can fish all day without one bite.

Went there yesterday and only cought two fish.But I just keep going back.
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

Folsom. Been fishing as much as I can out there, I have found some fish but usually I struggle.

Melones is a great lake. If you get into the Red Eyes you need to move RIGHT AWAY! There are some pigs in that lake as well as good numbers of solid spotted bass.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

edbass wrote:New Melones - I fished a TOC up there last year and it was the toughest fishing I have ever experienced.
My partner and I fished the 100% TOC up there last year... had never been there, and got no pre-fishing in, but it wasn't that bad. We caught a bunch of fish, and it was pretty easy to pattern, just couldn't find the better quality. Nice lake though... I'm looking forward to fishing it again some time.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Garrett Charter

Post by Garrett Charter »

Lake Mead no doubt! Ultra clear water, huge winds, small fish. Hope I never have to go back. :x
Garrett Charter
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

g-man wrote:heres a pic from last year of some of the donkeys I caught
Nice keychain!
g-man

Post by g-man »

fish_food wrote:
g-man wrote:heres a pic from last year of some of the donkeys I caught
Nice keychain!
this is a pic of me and my team partner doubling! No net was brought out LMAO!
100% LL
RC

Post by RC »

I struggle a lot on Lake Almanor during the mid summer months. Have never been able to "get on em", a good day would be only a couple fish.
sTony

Post by sTony »

When I was still living in Santa Cruz I'd fish a lot of lakes in neighboring areas. San Antonio during certain times of the year was one that I had more then my share of troubles.

sTony
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

sTony wrote:When I was still living in Santa Cruz I'd fish a lot of lakes in neighboring areas. San Antonio during certain times of the year was one that I had more then my share of troubles.

sTony
Good call there Tony feast or famon.

For me the toughest nut is still Folsom - I know its a mental deal - but I can go out there and be on fish then go a week later and just scratch my head.

Orroville - I have done pretty well there getting past the rats and finding the better 2lbers with the occasional 3lbers to throw in the mix. But I heard that was when the lake was good (I havnt been there since October)
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

I'm with Charter. MEAD... Oh my gosh!!! I fished there as a co-angler in the Stren in 07. Fished for 7 days and did not catch a bass! This was coming off of a win at Shasta the month before. A humbling experience for sure and probably good for me in some ways. I've been told that place builds character. Haha. I was kicking and screaming on the back deck just losing it! Seriously freaking out. I'll be back though. Gotta seek revenge.
BassTramp

Post by BassTramp »

OTAY – SoCal San Diego Lake Small Round Tulles Pound get-em on Thursdays lock jaw on Tournament Day

San Antonio –Central Cal Kill in prefish can’t find them when it counts I think it may be the toughest lake in the State one of the reasons so many top pro’s come from this region.

McClure- NorCal Winter high pressure after cold front blue sky’s and windless I took a check there last year with Five (5) Pounds Can fish smaller then Oroville or Naci!!
Kiss and Release
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

The dang city perk pond by my house!!

I go to Clear Lake and catch 1-11 Lbers, go to Shasta, Oroville, Berryessa and have a ball with spots, smallies and LMB and have fished about 10 other lakes similar to those all over cali but that dang pond is crystal clear and I see 3-10 lb bass swimming in it, my friend got a 10 lber from it on a spinnerbait in spring in the rain but no one ever catch's good size bass out of it on a regular basis. I have tossed Senkos loaded with smelly jelly and just let it set, I have tossed jigs and took 10 minutes to real it in I dead stuck it so bad, split shot the most finesse worm I could find, tried all dif kinds of crank baits, swim baits, wake baits, rip bates, spinner baits, sammies, zara's, poppers, this pond really *))@#@@# me!!

But I still have fun!! :lol:
David 371V Rogers
sTony

Post by sTony »

David Rogers wrote:The dang city perk pond by my house!!

I go to Clear Lake and catch 1-11 Lbers, go to Shasta, Oroville, Berryessa and have a ball with spots, smallies and LMB and have fished about 10 other lakes similar to those all over cali but that dang pond is crystal clear and I see 3-10 lb bass swimming in it, my friend got a 10 lber from it on a spinnerbait in spring in the rain but no one ever catch's good size bass out of it on a regular basis. I have tossed Senkos loaded with smelly jelly and just let it set, I have tossed jigs and took 10 minutes to real it in I dead stuck it so bad, split shot the most finesse worm I could find, tried all dif kinds of crank baits, swim baits, wake baits, rip bates, spinner baits, sammies, zara's, poppers, this pond really *))@#@@# me!!

But I still have fun!! :lol:
So what you're saying is you found the perfect place close to home to fine tune all your baits! Then you split to another pond to actually CATCH the fish. I think I get it! :wink:
CN

Post by CN »

Kinda suprised how many named San Antonio.I love that place but I do know it a little.I have fished there since the early 70's.

Just think Smallmouth when you go now.That place is loaded with them.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Has to be: Millerton AKA: Dead Sea
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Folsom has definitely made me a more "patient" fisherman.....The Delta still kills me though, It's always here today gone tomorrow for me. I'm sure it has to do with the tides but I ain't figured that out yet....

James
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

This one is really simple for me, any lake that has water in it..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

mac (Doyle McEwen) wrote:This one is really simple for me, any lake that has water in it..

mac
Now dat dar b funny, me dern't kar whu ya be :lol:
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

Hey sTony,

You got that write!!! I was practicing with a lucky craft sammy this past week end, I really wanted to catch a fish on it though!!! I saw 2 3 and a 4 lber so I tossed everything at those suckers, they were more stuck up than a Bow Derick in her prime with 10 mil in the bank!
David 371V Rogers
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

Lake Havasu and the Delta! :evil: Havasu was the only place I zeroed at 3days in a row for pre-fishin, or just fishing in general. Also the only place I zeroed durring the tournament.

And the delta, I just cant seem to catch more then 12-15lb avg with the very VERY rare occasion of getting 20lbs. And most of the time when I go out I usually only catch 1 or 2 fish. I just cant figure out how to get the bigger fish consistantly, I am usually good for about 1 5lber per trip which is a good thing :lol: :lol:
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Loch Lomond. I love and hate this lake. It's small, heavily pressured and gin clear.
survivor

Post by survivor »

:oops: Folsom can really humble me. I generally run up to Camp Far West to prove to myself I can really catch fish. Sometimes the Delta will punch me right in the head :shock:, one day good the next, can't even buy a bite. Sometimes it feels like I couldn't find my butt with both hands. :oops: :oops:
Paul aka surivor
here a couple of fish my buddy Lowell caught in the Delta, the ole fart, actually I'm older than he is. I didn't even get a dink, this was Friday. :x :x
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

I forgot Bullards Bar, I swear there isn't a fish over 1 pound in that lake...
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com
Effisimo

Post by Effisimo »

I gotta go with the guy who said lake merced. I have a skunk streak going since i was in high school. Wait actually i have never caught anything in that lake.