guard has been changed

philip garcia

guard has been changed

Post by philip garcia »

just to let you know shasta event has been changed to the delta
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: guard has been changed

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Guess Shasta is too low for comfort, either that or they don't have a good choice for launching..If Delta fishing doesn't pick up some, it could be a tough tourney..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Mike

Post by Mike »

Date??
OG on WB since 1993
ckraft

Post by ckraft »

yea just herd the bad news i know its going to make some people happy but i think flw should not have waited so long to change the event makes me wonder what there motivation was the low water is not a excuse so dont till me that low participation maybe i dont know.
Mike

Post by Mike »

http://flwserieswest.flwoutdoors.com/to ... 1&tid=6043

This one?? Its the same dates as the 100% Toc out of Russo's?? Are they going out of Stockton?
OG on WB since 1993
kb

Post by kb »

It is October 8-11
Mike

Post by Mike »

The 100% TOC is scheduled for Oct. 10th/11th :shock:

FLW must be going out of Stockton????
OG on WB since 1993
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

I'd wait and see fellas, anything can happen...miner adjustments is an option :shock: :D

Rich
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

Just left the meeting. They are going out of Russos first three days and another ramp the last day.
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

What is the reason for changing the event?!!! Guess i've been wasting my time out on Shasta every spare minute I've had.... :x I heard it would of took a natural disaster for them to change the event. Not low water or launch availability.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'm a little slow so somebody please help me here. The FLW and the 100% fishoff are basically the same dates? Please tell me this is not true. That place is going to be wedged! Thanks in advance!
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

i'm with you jason milligan spent the hole weekend there. Even talked my friends Alan Hunt and Steve Biechman into giving me a little local knowledge and taking me out. IT was a waste of my time and money. Not to mention my friends valuable days off of work. I'm calling them tomorrow for a refund I hope they don't give me any problems.
Mike

Post by Mike »

100% is on Friday and Saturday
OG on WB since 1993
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

After the FLW correct? That place will be picked apart. Oh well, somebody is going to win either way.
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

Yeah I have some friends that were already confirmed as co-anglers and they are probably going to try and drop out. This move is going to hurt the numbers. Yeah there will still be a champion crowned no matter what. I wanted to fish my first National Guard on my home water. This all really worries me. No one wants to lose FLW in the west but if we don't make the numbers there won't be anything they can do about it. I hope next year we get some new blood stepping up and people fish all the events regardless of when or where they are being held. Regardless of the bite or how far the drive is or yadda yadda, we gotta get the numbers or they'll be gone in years to come. Changing the location this close to the tournament doesn't help anything though. I won't be fishing it now... What's the reasoning behind this? We can still launch and the lake is still safe to run especially with the 120/130 boats expected to fish the event.
phill strader

Post by phill strader »

Huh.......WEIRD?!?!
Steve Ericksen

Post by Steve Ericksen »

Did they say anything about moving Stren in January also? Or are they thinking we may have enough rain at that point to get the water up??
www.PatTillmanFoundation.com
AaronAgner

Post by AaronAgner »

I just called them and they confirmed the rumor, but wouldn't give me a reason (the CS lady didnt know). I dont know why they would make this decision the night before the balance deadline and then not tell anyone. Fortunately they refunded me the full entry fee amount. Hopefully the Stren in January is still a go. :cry:
sTony

Post by sTony »

It's never a good deal when locations change from what was previously announced. I wonder who they talked to about the situation and how they came to this decision. It's going to cost them in several respects but the folks I feel badly for are the businesses up in the Shasta area that will not get the full impact of that tour being there. Folks like Phil's Props and the local eateries, motels, gas stations and so on and including the local anglers who looked forward and prepared for this event close to their homes.

I often scratch my head and wonder, but there is so much going lately, on all fronts, to get me scratching that I've forced myself to stop because of the loss of hair.

sTony
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

There's still a couple ramps! How can they say it's too dangerous. The Delta is dangerous. Look what happened to KVD a couple of years ago. How about running up the Colorado river at Havasu? What we do is dangerous...
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

i seriously doubt it has anything to do with the water levels at Shasta, but more to do with participation levels.

They will likely never validate this, but just look at the low turnout for the Co. River; only 123 boats. i think they were getting the same response and turnout for Shasta too, so they opted to move it to the place they always get the biggest turnouts - Delta.

Just my opinion.

Kopper_Bass
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
sTony

Post by sTony »

Kopp- I hope that's not true because then we'd have every tournament in the West going off on two or three bodies of water. Nothing would kill the support for their org quicker then that. Much as I love the Delta, you can't build a market out West solely on this pond.

sTony
Rick G

It is just not a Colorado River thing

Post by Rick G »

they only had 125 boats for the NG at Columbia which started today. They seemed pretty happy with that turnout given the economy these days. Do feel sorry for the people that practiced at Shasta though. Now that the Delta is in the "offlimits" period, that might help even the field some. You gotta be somewhat excited about gettin to put away the spinning rod and breaking out the big stick though! Delta is awesome. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
fishfan

Post by fishfan »

Ricky-S wrote:Just left the meeting. They are going out of Russos first three days and another ramp the last day.
How is this going to work? Possibly 400 boats going out of russos on friday! :shock: Won't this be a big cluster?

Jeff
I now know why it is called fishing and not catching!
The Sweetest Rods Ever !!! DOBYNS RODS
Team LL
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

Yeah,
I fully agree and hope its not the case sTony, but I am just doubting it. Economics has got to have something to do with it.

I dont think its going to work though, because a lot of guys are going to be skeptical to fish the delta in Nov.; especially on the NB side, i think.

Personally, i was seriously considering jumping in on the Shasta event, as i love fishing that lake and i think its a place where i can compete on the same level as most anyone. but i surely wont do it for the Delta. even though i love it too, its a love/hate relationship. i still struggle hard to compete on the delta.

If I was FLW, I would be worried that a lot of guys think as I do. Yes, you draw big crowds to fish it in April or May - who wouldnt want to fish it then. But November?? ... now thats a whole different story. tough bite for sure! If your on the back deck, its even that much tougher than Shasta. Uggh!!

Guess we now wait and see.

Kopper_Bass
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
Dewayne

Re: Not turnout

Post by Dewayne »

The FLW guys were at Bridge Bay last Saturday while on their way up to Columbia River for the NG. They inspected the ramp and talked with the Bridge Bay people. In January it took people a long time to get the boats into and out of the water and it looks worse this fall. We also were able to launch out of the Packers Ramp in January. Someone told me that with a drop of a few more feet the Bridge Bay ramp makes a turn to the left adding more difficulty. Not sure if that is true, but if it is that would make it tough.

I think it is less about the safety and more about the logistics of launching a retrieving 150 boats on a bad ramp.
Dewayne
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

Don't they launch on mud ramps back east? :lol:
TD

Post by TD »

I fished yesterday, tried to launch at Jones Valley...NO WAY... Even a guy with a single axel had much trouble...Jason mud? it's 4' deep at Jones. We hooked it to Bridge Bay and launched...Here's my take on this FLW switch...Even when the water is up..Bridge Bay is not very bass fisherman/tourney friendly. Bridge Bay won't and doesn't make preparations for bass fisherman they are cheap and they don't groom the launching area, it is a mess...right now. I live here and it is a shame we have such a great facility but Scrooge seems to be their manager. If Bridge Bay continues with their attitude and management style we will loose the FLW. They charge $ 15.00 to launch..they charge just to park(non boater) and they will not do anything to improve the situation. If they were smart they would promote such events. Shasta Recreation Company who takes our launch fees at other ramps needs a tune up as well..EXTEND THE RAMPS while the water is down.. Now...The Delta is not a good move...I can't get to practice, make the necessary changes..I loose Sponcer money from local Shasta County Businesses because I promissed to keep it here local..I can't and won't take it South to the Delta. Some have been fishing the Delta all along as we have prepaired for Shasta, disadvantage? you tell me...I am very dissapointed for all.... Jason fishing the FLW NG on your home lake would have been sweet.
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

Overall I'm just concerned about losing FLW in the west. The change, I don't think, will improve the numbers. Hopefully it does. I however am not going to fish my first NG on the delta next month. Guess i'll keep fishing Shasta to keep tuned up for the Stren championship at Table Rock. I don't want to sound like I'm bad mouthing FLW. I love fishing their tournaments and I think it's the best thing to ever happen to bass fishing in the west.
BassnReed

Post by BassnReed »

We need to support the overall decision FLW makes whether we understand it or not. They obviously have their reasons and if we want to keep these events our here in the West, that takes full participation of us all. Making comments such as, having new blood, stepping up regardless of the bite etc...then say I am not fishing sounds like pure contradiction???
Not everyone cant make all the events, but I agree that we will need folks showing up.
My 2 cents.....
KReed
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

Look at the circumstances. Not fishing a tournament because the bite is poor, or it's a place you're not familiar with, or too far, etc. is a little different than not fishing a tournament that was changed the day before the balance deadline.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

The only reason they changed is safety is the #1 priority at FLW. To think it was the fishing is poor is crazy because the "Tour" schedule 90% of the time goes to crummy lakes back east. That is why it is known as the "spinning rod circuit". Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
nipples

Post by nipples »

I don't think you guys are getting it....

FLW is encroaching on an existing TOC for 100% Bass.... This is a 200 boat event... already going out of Russo's on October 10th and 11th.... (it would be impossible to launch two 200 boat tourneys our of Russo's at the same time)

It seems to me like FLW thinks they can throw thier weight around and bump a club TOC out of the water at a whim...

I would be against anyone encroaching on another clubs TOC... regardless of who it was.
Do it like no one is watching...
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Very good point!

Roger
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

That was a BS move on their part by placing their event right on the 100% fishoff. Oh well, it might be fun sticking fish right in front of the FLW guys. :wink:
russ@russmeyer1.com

Post by russ@russmeyer1.com »

Maybe the Ranger contingency penalty's are finally catching up to them are .
Zedonis

Post by Zedonis »

While many will be disappointed with the change, I think that the ramp situation will be pretty bad at Shasta in a few more weeks and the decision is probably a good one. At a drawdown rate of almost a 1 foot per day and increasing, the only possible functional ramps are likely to be paved and those are not plentiful at this pool level. As those of you have experienced, the mud left behind on non-paved rampes when a fast draw down occurs is pretty tricky stuff to launch, in not nearly impossible. Anyway, I am certainly disappointed as this would have been my first Guard tournament as a back seater and I too have spent some time recently on that reservoir to attempt to pattern the fish. Oh well is all that I can say and better luck next time. For those of you that make the altered journey...enjoy. I can only hope that we do get more rain or the chances of a change on the January event at Shasta are likely quite possible. I do hope that the tournament officials look at the situation a bit earlier than for this event to make a decision of this magnitude. All this being said, I do also hope that FLW continues to remain in the west, as Jason has suggested.

Paul
Legend Boats/Fish Biologist
Alpha 211/ProXS250
Leave behind another steward of the resource.....take a kid fishing
http://legendmarine.com/
Chris Laskowski

Post by Chris Laskowski »

Why does everyone think the lake is going down more then a foot a day and increasing? Why don’t you guys get your facts straight and maybe look for yourself instead of what someone told you! It is decreasing every day, right now its dropping .36 feet a day! The ramp is perfect, and for people to say that Shasta is dangerous is crazy! Everyone has a gps and if they are scared they can use it and run the river channel. I really think there are some other reasons behind this $$$$ and the lake being low is good excuse!
Here is the address for everyone who wants to know what the real water level is. http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?SHA
Nixon's Marine
Angler's Attic
Skeeter
BMX Bassin

Post by BMX Bassin »

FLW + wed/Thursday = Russos.
FLW + friday/saturday = Brannon Island

100% TOC Fri/Sat = Russos

I feel Bad for Phils Props in Redding. I hear he needed this tournament..... Bad. Great Shop!!
BMX Mike
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

How does the State Permits work into this? Did FLW pull permits for delta and Shasta?

That really sucks for everyone from the 100% guys to the FLW guys.... really why not move it to Folsom I dont think there is anything going out of there right now, and heck it would give Wooch a chance to win one :lol: :lol:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Mike

Post by Mike »

BMX Bassin wrote:FLW + wed/Thursday = Russos.

I feel Bad for Phils Props in Redding. I hear he needed this tournament..... Bad. Great Shop!!
Is this For Sure??? Where did you get the info??
OG on WB since 1993
BMX Bassin

Post by BMX Bassin »

Gene at the Hook.
BMX Mike
Chris Laskowski

Post by Chris Laskowski »

Wow shasta is dropping like a rock at thank god they moved the tourny to the Delta! By Oct 8 the lake would have gone down 3.6 feet! You would have thought FLW would have maybe made a few phone calls and would have found out that they were going to cut flows back like they always do this time of year. Its a shame that we are losing this tourny for nothing!
Nixon's Marine
Angler's Attic
Skeeter
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

nipples wrote:I don't think you guys are getting it....

FLW is encroaching on an existing TOC for 100% Bass.... This is a 200 boat event... already going out of Russo's on October 10th and 11th....

It seems to me like FLW thinks they can throw thier weight around and bump a club TOC out of the water at a whim...

I would be against anyone encroaching on another clubs TOC... regardless of who it was.
Interestingly enough, the 100% TOC was supposed to be at either Shasta or Oroville this year. Oroville had no water and Shasta Lake City spent all of their money on the National Guard tournament, so they had none to give 100% to have the TOC at Shasta.

Strange reversal now... The 100% isn't at Shasta because of the NG and now the NG is on top of the 100% at the delta.
BMX Bassin

Post by BMX Bassin »

bryanmc wrote:
nipples wrote:I don't think you guys are getting it....

FLW is encroaching on an existing TOC for 100% Bass.... This is a 200 boat event... already going out of Russo's on October 10th and 11th....

Interestingly enough, the 100% TOC was supposed to be at either Shasta or Oroville this year. Oroville had no water and Shasta Lake City spent all of their money on the National Guard tournament, so they had none to give 100% to have the TOC at Shasta.

Strange reversal now... The 100% isn't at Shasta because of the NG and now the NG is on top of the 100% at the delta.

BMX Mike
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

BMX Bassin wrote:
bryanmc wrote:

I don't see your point? They're both still on the delta aren't they?
cleb19

Post by cleb19 »

This is what is bothering me the most. It seems that the people that are most upset by this decision are the ZIP CODE fisherman depending on where your from. The Shasta locals are mad cause they lost a chance to win/cash, and the delta rats are ESTATIC they get their chance to win/cash. Either way it is tournament fishing everybody has to do pre practice find fish pattern fish etc etc, just because FLW makes one decision WE as West coast fisherman cannot bail out on them. I was at the colombia these past nine days and everything I have been hearing doesnt look good for FLW. Numbers have been terrible, people are upset, if something doesnt change soon were going to lose FLW as we lost B.A.S.S. MY .02

P.S. I am very frustrated at the decision to change the event, I love me some spotted bass. :shock:

Chad LeBlanc
Gene Buchholz

FLW UPDATE

Post by Gene Buchholz »

The FLW will be going out of Russo's Marina between the dates October 8 through the 11th.
Bob thought it was in the best interest of all the anglers to move his tournament to November 1st and 2nd.
I want to thank Bret from Western Outdoors News (WON) for moving his team tournament from Nov. 1st to (a date to be announced) and the Hook Line & Sinker for moving their tournament from Nov. 2nd (to a date to be announced) to acommodate both FLW and 100% Bass.
More importantly I want to thank Bob for his understanding and appreciation for the other circuits and the anglers.

Both organizations were put in a situation that could not be helped.
I ask that everyone be understanding and supportive of both organizations.
3100 Main St. #260
Oakley, CA 94561
(925) 625-2441
www.hookproshop.com
hookline@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by Gene Buchholz on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mike

Sat Sep
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/468x60/hookadban.gif[/img]
ckraft

Re: FLW UPDATE

Post by ckraft »

I dont see the lose situation for the delta guys and gene or the flw for matter of fact if they draw 20 more boats thats 100k more money than they would of at shasta i dont blame flw for changing it was a good business decision. I just dont like the fact they waited so long to change it and then used the low water as a exuse for changing it . i know theres at least two tackles shops in redding that hurting really bad because of there decison.