For those of you who are doubting McCain...

For political discussions
Brian Linehan

For those of you who are doubting McCain...

Post by Brian Linehan »

StockOption

Re: For those of you who are doubting McCain...

Post by StockOption »

Heh.

Best post of the day :)
Kurt
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Bump 8)
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
sTony

Post by sTony »

This is a first. A post that started in the political forum and got moved to the fishing forum. :lol:

sTony
some guy

Post by some guy »

Why would someone want a man in charge of the military who was captured? :lol: I want some talent in there.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

some guy wrote:Why would someone want a man in charge of the military who was captured? :lol: I want some talent in there.
Now that's funny! LMAO :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
kazk

Post by kazk »

iT'S BETTER THAN SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER PULLED THE TRIGGER BEFORE. HESITATION IS WHAT KILLS SOLDIERS.

CHRIS KODA
some guy

Post by some guy »

the both are morons and we are screwed.. so nothing is better. You can sit here and try to plead your case, but honestly I dont care. Obama bugs the crap out of me and McCain looks like if he eats some bad fish he is going to die and then we have Palin. So yeah... really sweet picks we got. :roll:
Last edited by some guy on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
some guy

Post by some guy »

as far as pulling triggers.. McCain got caught... he sucks.. IMHO. Obama pulled the trigger of a spear gun and caught fish...

Edge : Obama.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

The man knows how to catch a bass. Enough said :D Besides, Palin is way better looking than Biden. John, you are going to hell.
some guy

Post by some guy »

I knew that along time ago.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

For the last 20 years, Obama considered Reverand Wright his spiritual advisor . :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-kD0QdRJk

Easy choice for me!
some guy

Post by some guy »

I like his passion :lol:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

I hear Reverend Wright is one hell of a carp fisherman.
some guy

Post by some guy »

I heard Catfish.... :shock: hell seems fitting.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
hippie

Post by hippie »

im a hard core union democrat this time a war veterean supporter . i sure hate to put a preacher into office thats all obama sounds like . a bunch of hot air and a promise to raise taxes not just the rich the midle class is going to feel the pinch too. sorry local i can't afford anymore taxes nor the chance of i have know clue of the deaths or wound count of soldiers but i sure would hate for bushes dumb war to end with out an accomplishment. Lets just PRAY the AZTEC CALENDER is right and its the end of the world as we know it.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bush's war already has one major accomplishment.
The world is in much worse shape now than before we went into Iraq.
Four more years of Bush/McCain will turn us into a third world country.
As it stands now, since the Govt. has allowed most of the manuf. jobs to go overseas, we have become what Ronald Reagan predicted, a service economy.
Rich people and servants.
CLEAN AND DRY
Deejay quick

Post by Deejay quick »

Is that all you got in McCain favor...he likes to fish. Well I like my gas prices low enough so I can go fishing.
www.jdcbaits.com
www.luretamers.com
www.bassanglersfederation.com
www.skeeterboats.com
www.lasvegasmarine.com
www.kaenon.com
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

Lower gas prices...that would be nice...but NEITHER party can promise..if they do, then when they get in office it will be....HEY guys...i was just kidding...fooled ya hahahahaha.....I am digging McCain....I fish , hunt, pro vets....and a ton of other reason I'm digging McCain....Obama sounds cool...but that's it...nothing behind it...almost feels like smoke and mirrors
ERICK PRADO...Peace
jack65274

Post by jack65274 »

Im really surprised that, especially with all the bank failures happpening now, that no one has brought up McCains involvement in the S&L scandal of 20 years ago. If I recall correctly he was caught directly in the middle of it as one of the "Keating Five", trading legislative acts benifiting the S & L industry for money. How he skated out of that with any reputation left amazes me. Now Sarah Palin is a hot looking babe no doubt and has charisma but can anyone really believe she is ready to be President?. Now watching her and the McCain team stonewall the Alaskan "Troopergate" investigation just feels like more of the same of what government in Amerca has become. Choosing her as a running mate is just further evidence of poor judgement on McCain's part. I have voted Republican nearly my entire life but I wont this time. I dont know as much about Obama as I wish I did but I cant go on supporting the lies and distortions that I am watching happen before my eyes. At least with Obama I can hope for somethng better. With McCain I already know I will keep getting the same.
Fishing Joe

Post by Fishing Joe »

don't like either. Both will probably die in office. McCain's to old. Obama will probably be killed by some skin head. So the Vice Prez is who I would focus on. Sarah is Hot 8) . But can she lead :? ?? Bidden :?
hrvestuff

Post by hrvestuff »

It's obvious you have never served in the U.S. military....only draft dodgers and Obama suckers would criticize McCain's service to this country....you show your colors..which are pink and yellow.....
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

It's obvious you have never served in the U.S. military....only draft dodgers and Obama suckers would criticize McCain's service to this country....you show your colors..which are pink and yellow
That was classic. Yeah, lets put a guy in office who's experience is comprised of 135 days in the senate. Isn't it funny how nobody is talking about Obama's spiritual advisor and close friend of over 20 years, Rev. Wright?
Shawn R.

Post by Shawn R. »

Well we tried a president who people "wanted to have a beer with" now lets try a president who we would want to bass fish with. The last 8 years have gone so well lets try picking based on fishing experience rather then issues.
www.Finesseangler.com
Pictures are worth a thousand words!
SoCalBassAssassin

Post by SoCalBassAssassin »

They both suck. we are all doomed. But my vote has to go to McCain because Obama hasn't got a clue as to how he is going to accomplish anything. If I had my way ther e would be no democrats, republicans, independents, or greeners. We are "loyal" to.. But of course that will never happen cause then anybody running would actually have to commit t osomething, and I have really not seen many politicians commit to anything buy their dreams, never anything real. ha ha ha ha and it seems that when they do commit to some sort of action most people don't agree anyway..

What's a guy to do? Go fishing and vote for Sarah.. She's at least got more gonads than the rest of them! And she's pretty hot too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I came. I caught. I released. Life is good! -Saul-
Mr Gambler

Post by Mr Gambler »

Hey hruestuff, you are right on :wink: Mike
Mike Matthews, U.S.N. 1963-67
Fish hard, sleep good at night.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

I wanted a change but how am I going to vote for someone that is actually more into world govenment and is anti-America? :shock:

I hope Palin somehow becomes president, that would be change.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
one fish wonder

Post by one fish wonder »

Thats exactly what America needs. Another Bush for 4 years! :shock:
www.quiksilver.com
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

How does that Kool Aid taste Todd? :twisted:
Lance

Post by Lance »

Palin, ya id hit that
Friendship is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
powerwiggler

Post by powerwiggler »

So the Vice Prez is who I would focus on. Sarah is Hot . But can she lead ?? Bidden
The president is an executive position and Palin has executive experience by being a mayor and a governor so I would say she can.

McCain was the last Republican I wanted to see on the ticket and I swore I would vote for Hillary over him if he won the primary. Well he got it and there is no way I am going to vote for Obama over him. My only hope is that something happens to him and Palin gets the seat.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

some guy wrote:Why would someone want a man in charge of the military who was captured? :lol: I want some talent in there.

AMEN!
"In times of rapid change experience can be your biggest handicap"
Bison

Post by Bison »

http://www.gunbanobama.com/

http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036

if obama gets elected we are all screwed. how can any sane person watch the above links and still vote for this moron?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Chest beating and name calling doesn't get us anywhere in the real world.
Let's be honest. Are we so scared of having a black man in the White House that we'd vote for a man who is way past his prime and time, whose world view was shaped by six years as a prisoner of war in Viet Nam, and a woman who is so caught up in political ambition that she didn't even stop to discuss it with her family before she accepted McCain's out-of-the-blue offer.
Palin is just a pretty face to distract us from the issues.
McCain shoots from the hip, isn't informed about the economy, and who can't seem to see how our relationship with the world directly affects our domestic economy, which means he really is living in yesterday.
He is another four years of Bush, who has succeeded in turning our economy into a disaster, and who has made the world a much more dangerous place by not snuffing out Alqaeda in Afghanistan to begin with. Instead, he made a grab for the third biggest oil reserves in the world in Iraq.
He's a rich man's son who never had to work a day in his life, has always had daddy to bail him out, has been a puppet for the big oil interests for his entire eight years, and who is so set in life he will never have to worry about anything. Like he ever did. He has done a half a$$ed job at everything he's tried in life, including our Presidency.
He's Alfred E. Newman from Mad Magazine all grown up.
"What, me worry?"
And now you want to elect McCain, who thinks Bush is on the right track.
If we keep doing the same things the same way, it will only get worse.
Have the courage to defend our country by embracing the only candidate who offers us a real choice for change, Obama.
He's not saint, but anyone who is willing to run for President has already made a total commitment to our country.
And if Obama were white, the country would call him the second coming of JFK.
CLEAN AND DRY
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

WOW :shock:
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

That was brilliant Mark!
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

I respect your opinion Mark. However, how can you watch that second link and dismiss the facts? Yeah, some of it is propaganda, but seeing Michelle Obama mention that this is the first time she'd been proud to be an American makes me really pissed.

McCain's experience in Vietnam no doubt shaped his opinions and world views. I take that as a positive, not a negative.

For all of you who like Obama because he's branded himself as the candidate of change, remember that change can be disastrous. Although I feel that last night's debate was fairly even, wasn't it rather apparent who is truly experienced and who isn't? McCain's name dropping and citing of historical events I feel outshadowed the master orator himself, Barrack Hussein Obama.

I can handle the Democrats claiming that McCain will simply be another 4 years of Bush policy. They have to brand McCain somehow and I think it's an effective strategy since Bush is so bad.

I'd like to ask you Obama supporters how you feel about Obama's 20 year relationship with Reverend Wright? What about the fanatical Father Flager? Don't forget Obama's longtime confidant William Ayers, who planned on bombing the Pentagon.

Please, if any of you Obama supporters can effectively explain to me why I should ignore his longtime relationships with these characters, maybe I would reconsider.

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure!
hydro

technically O'bama is not black

Post by hydro »

"Are we so scared of having a black man in the White House "

since he has a black father and a white mother he is only fifty percent black . That would make him a "Halfrican American"
Bison

Re: technically O'bama is not black

Post by Bison »

Mark,
I researched some of your posts on this site and to me it seems like you are an acomplished fisherman and a overall good guy, with that being said it saddens me to hear you views.
In my opinion your statements were ignorant (ignorant is defined by lack of knowledge) on this subject. Let me be clear I am not attacking you personaly, just your statements.
Frist and most important how can you disrespect anyone who was a POW.
Second, Palin's family or apperance should not be an issue, if you are so scared of Palin, then please tell me one good thing about Biden? You can't, he has the most liberal record of all senators right behind Obama.
Third, economy, Obama will raise our taxes! And Let me inform you that the house and senate is responsable for the country's economy and guess who had control of the house and senate for the last 2 years..... Democrates..., shocker huh.
And Last but not least I agree Bush has his issues but we as a country are safe today becuase if him. Have we been attacked since 9-11? no. Do we feel safe, yes. A presidents role is to make the hard decisions for the good of the country do you you really think that if 9-11 happened again you would want Obama at the helm?
Also the only people that bring up the race issue are the Democrates, I assure you that my views have nothing to do with race!
And he is no JFK sir, he is just a guy who can read a teleprompter!
And one more thing you keep saying "change" can please explain to me how Obama plans this change? You can dress up a dog turd and call it change but it's still a turd?

Lets go fishin
Bison

Post by Bison »

one more thing and Im done, he will not salute the American Flag!

And hates guns!

really
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bison,
I would never disrespect John McCain. What I said was his world view was shaped by six years as a POW in Viet Nam. How can that not shape someone?
I happen to think the world of John McCain as a person, but I don't think he's the right person to lead our country now.
We need someone who is willing to step away from the belligerent, short sighted policies of the Bush administration, instead of feeling such a sense of blind loyalty that he will continue to follow them.
I think, if you read Obama's tax proposal, that you'll find he wants to raise taxes on the richest Americans, the ones who have gotten richer at the expense of the rest of us.
I mentioned Palin because I, for one, was shocked when she said she answered instantly, without hesitation, when asked to run with McCain. As a father of five, I have trouble with someone who wouldn't even consult her husband about something so life altering. Joe Biden, a lifelong politician who never shied away from being reelected and moving up the ladder, told Obama he'd have to talk to his family before he could give him an answer. That says a lot about his decision making process, which is what we're hiring him for.
I just think Palin is a very ambitious politician first. That's not the kind of person I want making decisions for our country.
I really just want us all to stop tearing the candidates down personally. They are both good men. Anyone willing to serve their country is a good man.
If we dig deep enough, there's something that can make them look bad in everyone's past.
There are already enough people on both sides whose jogb it seems to be to find that crap. Both sides.
I think the most important thing is to learn what they each are going to do as President, or at least what they say they are going to do.
Lord knows that most of the decisions are almost made for them by circumstance. But how they view the world, how the view the role of our govt. in our lives, can tell us how they would lean in their decision making, and how they would lead.
Let's hear how they plan to make America a strong economic force again, instead of the low wage service economy, with rich people and servants, that we have now. The only reason we import cheap Chinese goods is that the average income has dropped so dramatically that cheap imports is all most of us can afford.
After World War 2, the men and women of this country believed in the American dream, that hard work could lead to a better life.
They were all pulling on the same end of the rope. That's how the huge corporations became so successful, on the backs of the American worker. And they repaid the workers by taking the industries that Americans built, and moving them overseas, to increase profits, and gut the American dream.
How do the candidates plan to change this downward spiral?
Let's hear how they plan to make health care affordable for everyone. After all, if the govt. makes you pay taxes when you're healthy and employed, they should have enough sense to see that keeping people healthy and working is what's best for America.
Having people forced to chose between medicine and food is wrong.
I grew up when doctors made house calls, and lived in the same neighborhoods as their patients. Now they are money-making corporations, and live in Beverly Hills and Malibu, and think they're entitled to live better than everyone else.
And insurance companies are raking in the money on health care, while they cherry pick and insure only the healthy.
When so few have so much, at the expense of the rest of us, something is wrong.
Let's hear how they plan to get us off the oil economy that's killing our world, and letting the countries with oil call the shots. Cheaper oil will only mean more global warming. It's a short term, short sighted fix. We need alternative energy that's mainstream, not fringe, so we can stop burning our kids' future.
Let's hear how they're going to kill the snake that is Alqaeda, and bring our kids home. We've done a botch job in Iraq so far, but it's time to let them run their own country. We've shown we sure as heck can't.
Let's hear how they're going to limit nuclear proliferation. None of us want that nut in No. Korea, or the fanatics in Iran, with their finger on the trigger, threatening the world.
There are so many really important things we need to hear about from them, so let's not get side tracked by the sniping on both sides, the attempts to cloud what's important and pander to our fears.
Let's look at how they stand on the issues, and try to make a choice on the basis of what's best for our country, and our world.
And our kids' future.
CLEAN AND DRY
Shawn R.

Good post Mark!

Post by Shawn R. »

and who was it that just said "the fundamentals of our economy are strong", did not know how many houses he had, currently has 13 cars?? Try giving some of that money to lets say, Katrina victims??
www.Finesseangler.com
Pictures are worth a thousand words!
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

mark poulson wrote:Bison,
I would never disrespect John McCain. What I said was his world view was shaped by six years as a POW in Viet Nam. How can that not shape someone?
I steer clear of political discussions, religious discussions, and those of computer operating systems as they typically draw much passion and controversy.

I do, however, have to say that while McCain's life experiences were certainly shaped to some extent as a POW, that undoubtedly isn't the extent of his learning and views. His service is commendable. He has lived through many era's, and undoubtedly has learned much throughout. I know I've learned a great deal in the years of my existence, including political, economic, professional, etc., and none of those experiences have overwhelmingly and singularly shaped my perceptions - they are a conglomeration of all my experiences, upbringing and learnings.

Roger
some guy

Post by some guy »

McCain got captured. He couldnt cut it then when he was in his prime.. what makes you think now he can? :lol:

I love politcal rants... you people crack me up. Do you guys believe you are going to change someones point of view or beliefs, like in the middle of this the bell is going to go off and some one is going to say oh my god you were right.. I was wrong.. :lol: Enjoy blowing hot air all day.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Re: Good post Mark!

Post by buddy brown »

I picture obama as a senko fisherman. He makes a cast w/ a senko, and deliberately picks away at backlash, and begins talking to himself... and talking to himself, enjoying his own conversation.. he gets bit three times but doesn't notice.

McCain on the other hand I see as a jig fisherman (a frail one). He gets thumped on the jig, rears back and swings like Orlando Wilson, but has a H-attack (god forbid), hangs on to the rod and Palin grabs the Spinning rod (yes he was jig fishing with a spinning rod) and begins reeling the rod upside down (or rightside up) tightens the drag instead of loosening it. crackle, pop, snap
CharlieS.

Post by CharlieS. »

[quote="some guy"]McCain got captured. He couldnt cut it then when he was in his prime.. what makes you think now he can? :lol:

I Nice addition ,so by your all knowing comment that means being captured means some kind of personel insult to the victim ? Careful oh knowing master . Any idea how many have died while held captive ? Loser? I think more along of a hero that died .But what do I know especially compared to you .
Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life.
Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honor.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Kudos Mark....

Well put, and in an intelligent manner....
"In times of rapid change experience can be your biggest handicap"
powerwiggler

Post by powerwiggler »

Worst thing about all of this is that the President was never meant to be this important or powerfull.

Tom, you forgot to mention that after the line breaks, Palin grabs jumps in and catches the bass with her bare hands.
some guy

Post by some guy »

Charlie... in case you couldnt figure it out. I DONT CARE. I simply put that there because you guys crack me up and I knew id atleast piss half of you off.

We are screwed either way... all politicians are a joke.. and I will be fishing no matter who is in office. Take a deep breath so your face doesnt get so red. :lol:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

It sure does seem like they all live in a different world than the rest of us.
The only hope we have is that, if enough of us vote, maybe they'll think we're paying attention, and actually do a better job. :shock:
some guy wrote:Charlie... in case you couldnt figure it out. I DONT CARE. I simply put that there because you guys crack me up and I knew id atleast piss half of you off.

We are screwed either way... all politicians are a joke.. and I will be fishing no matter who is in office. Take a deep breath so your face doesnt get so red. :lol:
CLEAN AND DRY