Delta-bound

tunaman

Delta-bound

Post by tunaman »

Well, things are moving fast and furious in our lives. We found some more properties that we had to look at in the Delta area, but I had my final bowling sweepers in Vegas last weekend. We nearly did a turn-around after the drive home, but decided to wait and drive up Monday night after Mona got off work.

We got to Brentwood at about 2:30 AM, got a few hours sleep, and worked with Liz Cucchia to view the properties that she had already screened for us. We had about four that we considered putting offers on, then we viewed one of the properties in Oakley... it was perfect for what we were looking at. We put in another 10 hour day viewing properties, and submitted an offer last night. We got up before 6:00 AM and were on the road shortly thereafter.

We just received a call from Liz and found out the offer was accepted! Looks like we'll be relocating to Oakley towards the end of October. Now all the real work begins!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Norv

Re: Delta-bound

Post by Norv »

Roger,

Congratulations on your move. Living in Oakley will definitely give you easy access to the Delta.

Looking forward to seeing you on the water soon.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Congratulations Rog and Mona !!

........ And ~ "Welcome HOME" !! Image
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Sounds as though you found just what you wanted..Congratulations..You will definitely enjoy joining all the Delta Rats and other Nutcases on the water..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
i am ez

Post by i am ez »

tunaman wrote:Well, things are moving fast and furious in our lives. We found some more properties that we had to look at in the Delta area, but I had my final bowling sweepers in Vegas last weekend. We nearly did a turn-around after the drive home, but decided to wait and drive up Monday night after Mona got off work.

We got to Brentwood at about 2:30 AM, got a few hours sleep, and worked with Liz Cucchia to view the properties that she had already screened for us. We had about four that we considered putting offers on, then we viewed one of the properties in Oakley... it was perfect for what we were looking at. We put in another 10 hour day viewing properties, and submitted an offer last night. We got up before 6:00 AM and were on the road shortly thereafter.

We just received a call from Liz and found out the offer was accepted! Looks like we'll be relocating to Oakley towards the end of October. Now all the real work begins!

Roger
Grats,, BUTT!! its a tuff choice giving up TUNA for bass.. having had both.. I'd take tuna,,lol--ez
it aint easy bein ez
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

i am ez wrote:Grats,, BUTT!! its a tuff choice giving up TUNA for bass.. having had both.. I'd take tuna,,lol--ez

WE SPORTS~PERSONS PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE HERE ON THE DELTA ~!! :evil:

....And Winco just 3 miles up the street sells canned Ablacore cheaper than Costco. :wink:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

i am ez

Post by i am ez »

DeltaDan wrote:
i am ez wrote:Grats,, BUTT!! its a tuff choice giving up TUNA for bass.. having had both.. I'd take tuna,,lol--ez

WE SPORTS~PERSONS PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE HERE ON THE DELTA ~!! :evil:

....And Winco just 3 miles up the street sells canned Ablacore cheaper than Costco. :wink:
Don't know till ya go bro!! woha!! i'm a poet.. lol--ez
it aint easy bein ez
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Me tinks da refrance wuz maid'n refrance ta ketchin' 'em :lol:

bacydz whu wood eatz n e tang owt o' dat riva :oops:
Guyle

Post by Guyle »

COOL
12lblargemouth

Post by 12lblargemouth »

Man it dont pay to be a Delta Rat the past couple of weeks I tell ya, this workin my *** for a decent limit, is a bunch of trash! Who else has been strugglin the past two weeks, Raise there Hand! :cry:

12lb
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

12lblargemouth wrote: Who else has been strugglin the past two weeks, Raise there Hand! :cry:

I blanked again today from 0830 - 1000 .... Had one play with a Rip Bait for three swipes after it crashed something on it's own topwater. I jigged from rocks to bottom and switched colors to R/B with an OR/BK flake twin trailer (been cathing lots of crawdads with Or outer shell lately) ..... Even tried reverse jigging it from 24' up to 8' where I was marking them. Then tried walking/sitting a SB in the same manner off the bottom. Decided to come home early and lay the wife instead.

But -- The Striper action was off the hook from Dark till 0750 before we called it quits today. :wink:

Taking DeltaLuke back out here as soon as he finishes his homework till night fall for the Tux action. DeltaJack wants to play with his friends instead... :cry:

macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Roger

if your moving after the 27th of oct I'll be able to help you with the move and drive just let me know if help is needed
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Thank you Norv and Dan!
........ And ~ "Welcome HOME" !! Image
And THAT sounds really cool - THANKS MUCH!

Roger
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

mac (Doyle McEwen) wrote:Sounds as though you found just what you wanted..Congratulations..You will definitely enjoy joining all the Delta Rats and other Nutcases on the water..

mac
We found a killer deal on a nearly-new home, conveniently located just around the corner from Cypress and Delta Highway (gateway to Russo's! :lol: ), so we are really excited to be coming up. Can't wait to put some faces to the names (or maybe I can! :shock: ) and meeting many more. We'll be throwing a housewarming party as soon as we get a little settled in, so hopefully many here will be able to make it.

THANKS!

Roger
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

I know what you mean, but I ain't givin' up nothin'!!! :lol: I can still drive or fly down to get out on the tuna grounds, but I'm really looking forward to getting to know that River for sure!

Roger
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

macinckirk wrote:Roger

if your moving after the 27th of oct I'll be able to help you with the move and drive just let me know if help is needed
Kirk, thanks for the kind offer. Probably won't really need much help, but if you're up to a road trip we may make you our first house guest!

I'll let you know as it gets closer when we are actually going to make the move... thanks again!

Roger
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Roger we can do he 1st guest thing

but just want you to know that if you need a boat pulled up there or the bike or the vet I pull something for u with my truck

I'm sure ur going to use a moving company for the house

I'm just saying if you need anything and I can help let me know
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

Well, Well, Well, a NEW Delta Rat is in are midst, with lots of money to spend at Hook Line and Sinker and the New BASS Store in Manteca !!!!

WELCOME TOO THE NEIGHBORHOOD, Gene at the Hook has got his welcome mat out :lol:

Good for YOU and the family, you have picked a great spot to live and enjoy your new community !! :)
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

macinckirk wrote:Roger we can do he 1st guest thing

but just want you to know that if you need a boat pulled up there or the bike or the vet I pull something for u with my truck

I'm sure ur going to use a moving company for the house

I'm just saying if you need anything and I can help let me know
Mighty kind of you to offer Kirk - thanks much! I may take you up on that offer... we'll see what the timing works out to. I was planning to pull the Ranger with the motorhome, the Harley on the M/C trailer behind the Tahoe, and have a couple of volunteers to drive the Vette's up :lol: Might be nice to not have to tow the boat that far behind the motorhome though, as it just kills the mileage.

I'll talk to you after we find out when the actual move date will be and see if we can work it out. Thanks again!

Roger
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Guy Kelley wrote:Well, Well, Well, a NEW Delta Rat is in are midst, with lots of money to spend at Hook Line and Sinker and the New BASS Store in Manteca !!!!

WELCOME TOO THE NEIGHBORHOOD, Gene at the Hook has got his welcome mat out :lol:

Good for YOU and the family, you have picked a great spot to live and enjoy your new community !! :)
Thanks much Guy - appreciate the welcome. I stopped in at the Hook when I was up there for the WON last June, so my car has it on autopilot now! :lol:

Looks like a great area, and we're really looking forward to it.

Roger
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

good deal roger,
give me a shout when you get here and settled in and we'll all come crash at your place before we go fishing! Ha! :lol:

Have a good move and see you when you get here.

Kopper_Bass
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Sounds good... thanks Joe. I'll get in touch when we're settled in.

Roger
Mike

Post by Mike »

Welcome to Oakley!!!!! Its a great place to live. You will love it.
OG on WB since 1993
Marty

Post by Marty »

Did someone say a party?