Bass Pro Shop

Narcdogk9

Bass Pro Shop

Post by Narcdogk9 »

Take your current sale catalog with you. Everything is not marked on sale......This is what I wrote BPS.....

I went to your new store in Manteca this past Saturday. Awesum store. Just a hint about some of the products. Your Sale catalog and online sales have the Bass Pro Extreme XPS rods on sale for $69 ( a great price) however the store have them listed at $99 and not on sale. I found tackle bags and some other items also not listed on sale. I informed one of the salesmaen about the rods and he said he would tell the manager.I went back to the store on Thursday and nothing had changed. I think if the XPS rods were on sale for $69 in the store like the catalog or your web site, you would have sold out of them. So what do I have to do, take the sale catalog with me when I go shopping? The register still had them listed as $99. I feel sorry for the people that bought them for $99 I think you owe them a $30 credit.
It was cuff'm and stuff'm. Now it's catch'm and release'm
JustinD

Re: Bass Pro Shop

Post by JustinD »

Maybe the specials are online only specials....? I know alot of retailers do that kind of c**p.
LL South
Rusty B

Post by Rusty B »

same thing happend to me at vegas store with a reel took sale catalog with me and they matched the price
21farms

Post by 21farms »

JustinD wrote:Maybe the specials are online only specials....?
nope...in fact, check out their christmas 2008 catalog and you'll see that none of those sale prices show up online either. i chatted with one of their customer support people and she said you have to call in your order to get the sale price although in the catalog, it says you can buy the items in the store, via phone or online. lame.

my other beef with BPS is that they treat gift cards different than cash as far as their discounts go. for example, in their current catalog is an offer for $20 off a $100 order. however, if you try to use a gift card toward that order, the amount of your giftcard is deducted from the qualifying merchandise total. that's just plain greed because BPS already collected the money and i guess they don't feel a need to give the discount anymore. so, in this example, a $100 BPS giftcard actually has the equivalent buying power of $80 cash. this christmas, i'm going to make sure no one gives me BPS giftcards. cabelas does not do this.
Norv

Post by Norv »

I was at the Cabela's in Reno a few weeks ago and took a couple of lures that were on sale in one of their flyers that I had gotten. When I took the lures to the check out the regular price came up. I told the salesperson that they were on sale in the flyer and was informed that the prices in the store aren't always the same as the flyers. They asked if I had the flyer which I didn't because if I had the flyer they would "match" the price. However, they were able to look it up on the Internet (on the register) and found the sale price and gave it to me. Sure seems that if the sale price is in their flyer that the stores should reflect the same price. But, the explaination I got was that Cabela's sends out lots of flyers and the stores can't make all of the changes. I didn't "buy" that answer because if they have a cash register that has Internet access it should be capable of reflecting prices in their flyers!!! :roll:
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

I stopped by this morning to check it out and its a awesome looking store for sure, the entryway in particular.
But I think I will still be purchasing my tackle from the same great services the sponsors of this site provide.

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Yeah, even Sarah enjoys visiting Bass Pro Shops!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081024/ap_ ... roopergate
Glenn Abuelhaj
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

Cool to visit. The trout in the pond are huge. The pond has some fish( sturgeon, stripers, carp, and 4 Bass) and the fishing rod selection is huge. I will still go to Escalon Bait and Tackle, but for stuff that Randy doesn't have I will visit the Bass Pro Shops.
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com