I work to support my fishing addiction
Kevin

Re: triton owners tournament

Post by Kevin »

Who won? How many boats?
ckraft

Post by ckraft »

russ meyer and his partner with 21 pounds 86 boats took only 14.90 to get a check 17 place.
FATGUY

Post by FATGUY »

how long to launch and retrieve that many baots ??
ckraft

Post by ckraft »

It took awhile but the tournament was well worth it i would like to thank all the people involved triton did a great job.Thanks for not backing out Shasta Lake and stickin to your guns shows some integrity who knows maybe i will be in the market for a new boat thanks again craig kraft.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Congrats to Russ and Eric! Thanks to my partner Larry Viviano for showing me how to toss some spoons. Big thanks to Russ and his wife for letting my partner and I stay at his house. Also a big thanks to Phil at Phils prop for the limo ride to check in,lol good times! Very cool stuff! I found myself in the middle of great people. The stories I heard from KB in the limo will stick with me for a long time.
As I laid in my bed at Russes house that night before the tournament I was able to count 87 trophies around the room. I learned later that there was more in the house that I didnt see, including a BASS trophy in the front room :shock: :lol: This guy can fish! At that point I had a good idea of what was about to happen.
Thanks to Triton for a great tournament and a good time. I look forward to the next one.
Norv

Post by Norv »

Congratulations to Russ and Eric. I've got a call into Eric to see what my "percentage" of his winnings will be because I was the one that told him Russ was looking for a partner.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
russ@russmeyer1.com

Post by russ@russmeyer1.com »

Thanks Norval .I am glad you did Eric did very well and contributed to our limit each day. He also handled himself very well in the whole event. especially since it was his first major tournament. We had a great time. maybe he will give up a free guide trip .
Norv

Post by Norv »

Russ,

I glad that you and Eric did well. Did he tell you that he skipped our club tournament this past Saturday to fish the Triton tournament with you? He was in the running for Angler of the Year!!! But, at our meeting he didn't hesitate in choosing to fish with you rather than competing for our club Angler of the Year. I think he made the right choice. Regardless of the ultimate results of the Triton tournament I told him that it was a fantastic opportunity to fish with and learn from you. I think the win was really an added bonus!!!

I talked to Eric's wife on Tuesday and she said that he's on cloud nine!!! We have a club meeting next week and I'm hoping to see the first place plaque!!!

I'll let Eric know about your thoughts about a guide trip with him on Lake Shasta before our club tournament next year!!!

Again congratulations to you and Eric.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
russ@russmeyer1.com

Post by russ@russmeyer1.com »

Right on Thanks
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm still stuck here in Dallas so I can't even enjoy the win. Russ was a great partner and I was able to learn a ton from him about the lake, tournament fishing, and bass fishing in general. I will finally get back tomorrow and will be able to relax and contemplate all that happened. As Steve mentioned big thanks go out to Phil from Phil's Props for the limo ride to the check-in dinner and to KB for his great stories on the way home. Thanks also to Triton boats for putting on a great tournament and for building a quality boat.

NoCAL
flippinbass

Post by flippinbass »

:lol: I gotta say thank you to KB, Gary, Jeff, and Triton.
WOW what a great tour. Best tour I have ever fished. I can't tell enough people how great it was and everyone should fish the Triton tour next year at clearlake. The support was awsome. Jeff from Nixons marine took my boat out with me to help with setup. The raffle was incredible tons of great prizes and raffle a new Triton tr200 with a mercury on it; who else does that.....!! TRITON

congratulations Russ

I saw you talking to the Triton guys. Guess you liked fishing out of that Triton..?

can't wait till next years owners tour. it is on the top of my must fish list...
Jeff Yokum
www.yokumsbodyshop.com
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Some guy named Fred didn't win a trolling motor by chance?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln