A Wadda Bomb Question for Cooch

BrianVieau

A Wadda Bomb Question for Cooch

Post by BrianVieau »

What type and color of trailer do you use with the Wadda Bomb?
GregD

Re: A Wadda Bomb Question for Cooch

Post by GregD »

Cooch let me keep the one he gave me to use when I hired him for a day a couple of weeks ago.

The "Bomb" basically looks a lot like the regular Wada, with a much longer natural rubber skirt. I don't have it in front of me right now but I remember the skirt being more than twice the length of the regular Wada skirt. This one had brown and purple strands, but I'm sure you can get other colors.

It definitely had a much larger profile in the water and looked great paired with a longer blue Yamamoto double tailed grub.

Hopefully Cooch will jump in here and correct me if I'm mistaken on any of this info.

Greg
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

In the tackle tour review Cooch is using a big blue double tail grub with the brown/purple wadda bomb.
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Where can i get those trailers the ones that are on the wadda bomb on tackle tour i cant find them.
rich mendoza

Post by rich mendoza »

check out the yamamoto salt water grubs and the 7" and 8" single tails.. :wink:
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

The Wadda Bomb has:
a five inch skirt (I think I had a girlfriend who used to wear those),
5/0 hook,
1/2oz. arkie head.

Gonna need a big trailer for that. 8)
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

having trouble ordering direct from them do you guys know where else i can get them
Brian

Post by Brian »

I think that twin tailed grub is discontinued............... :evil:
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

You can probably use a 5" Paca Craw. Don't know for sure/Don't have any, put saw them here at the Hook Line and Sinker #2.

Rich Thiel
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

RichThiel wrote:You can probably use a 5" Paca Craw. Don't know for sure/Don't have any, put saw them here at the Hook Line and Sinker #2.

Rich Thiel

Or the toad
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

Wacko Bump (discontinued) is another option.... he doctored it up a bit and it had a really cool profile
redneck078

Post by redneck078 »

When I went out with him he gave me a couple and they were paired with the blue 7" yamamoto twin tails. We got a 4 and a 5 lb on consecutive casts.....I love those jigs! I have since tore up those trailers and cant find them anywhere....I use a doublewide hematoma beaver now. till I find the twin tails.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Just a thought.... I wonder if Gene at the Hook can order a custom box from Yammamoto? I know back in the day they would do custom runs but you had to commit to a case or something like that?

Typically if demand increases they will release to the public.

What say you Gene?
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
sTony

Post by sTony »

Miguel wrote:having trouble ordering direct from them do you guys know where else i can get them
This is the kind of stuff that Mend It! and Pro's Soft Bait Glue and similar products are out there to do. Can't find a discontinued product? No biggie. Just take a few old grubs and make one bigger grub and give it a whirl.

sTony
Norv

Post by Norv »

Tony,

Great idea!!!

If anyone that doesn't have Mend-it or Pro's Soft Bait Glue would like to experiment with some Mend-it on their old baits I will have a display of Mend-it at the CBAF Toys for the Troops' Kids Tournament on Saturday, November 8th at Russo's Marina and anyone is welcome to bring their baits and try some.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

sTony wrote:
Miguel wrote:having trouble ordering direct from them do you guys know where else i can get them
This is the kind of stuff that Mend It! and Pro's Soft Bait Glue and similar products are out there to do. Can't find a discontinued product? No biggie. Just take a few old grubs and make one bigger grub and give it a whirl.

sTony
When I saw the tackle tour pic the trailer Cooch was using almost looked like a DT Grub glued on the end of a senko. Now there's and idea. Cut senko to desired trailer length and glue on the grub tail. Or claws or whatever it is you want to use.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Tin Can wrote: When I saw the tackle tour pic the trailer Cooch was using almost looked like a DT Grub glued on the end of a senko. Now there's and idea. Cut senko to desired trailer length and glue on the grub tail. Or claws or whatever it is you want to use.
http://www.tackletour.com/previewtntwaddabomb.html
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

I use a variety of Trailers for The Bomb. The key is not to inhibit yer imagination of what the bass will eat. A bait this big, that moves a LOT of water while on the bottom or moving through his strike zone, he's gonna jump on it. Stick to 6-9" trailers, browse yer local tackle shops and look in the nooks and crannies of their plastics section, you will be amazed at what you'll find.

Delta Craw & Bait Breath - BB Bomb & Bump - Purple Thunder & #17 Yammie 231

These are just a few samples of the various trailers I'm using with this jig right now. Every day, I find more large plastic baits that I'm experimenting with. Do not, limit yer imagination as to what to use!

Clockwise from left: 8" Yamamoto #10 grub, 7" Yamamoto #17 Double tail, Yamamoto Super Grub(discontinued S19 would work) Coochie Tail Blue(Modified Bumps), Coochie Tail Melon/red, Split Cow's Tongue, Mojo Saltwater Grub, Zoom Dead Ringer, Zoom Speed Craw, Reaction Lure's Dog Paddle, Bait Breath's Dekamix(Japan Bait), 5" #3 Yamamoto Craw
Mike

Post by Mike »

nm
Last edited by Mike on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
OG on WB since 1993
offduty

Post by offduty »

Cooch

Where or how were you getting 7" Yamamoto grubs for your Wadda Bombs? I cant find them on the Yamamoto site.

Rich
Rich
offduty

Post by offduty »

OK I found them from Yamamoto and had to google 7 double tail grub to get to them on his site, so I am good to go after ordering Wadda bombs at the Hook.

Rich
Rich
jack65274

Post by jack65274 »

Is a jig like this an option to fish for deep winter bass at Southern California reservoirs like Diamond Valley? I remember last winter fishing in 60 ft or so of water with c-rigged plastics.....never have used a jig but wonder if this would be an option?
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

jack65274 wrote:Is a jig like this an option to fish for deep winter bass at Southern California reservoirs like Diamond Valley? I remember last winter fishing in 60 ft or so of water with c-rigged plastics.....never have used a jig but wonder if this would be an option?
Sure why not? Like Cooch said don't limit your imagination. Several years ago people would look at a 10" swim bait and say "Are you kidding me?"
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

Try a full size Brush Hog. Bite the head off and thread it on from there. Works great for a trailer and you have many different color options.

NoCAL
jimbo007

Post by jimbo007 »

The Wadda Bomb with a 7" double tail grub are perfect together.
some guy

Post by some guy »

Pour your own trailer. You can make a mold of almost anything.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

jack65274 wrote:Is a jig like this an option to fish for deep winter bass at Southern California reservoirs like Diamond Valley? I remember last winter fishing in 60 ft or so of water with c-rigged plastics.....never have used a jig but wonder if this would be an option?

So what if or Maybe DVL had big blue gil, or sculpin down in the depths and you happen to tie on a swimbait to this jig, say a robo or a BIG 7" Big Hammer the secondary action of the jig is what makes this bait appealing IMHO. Although I have not thrown this jig a ton the fish I have cought on it have been on swimbait trailers.
D.B.COOPER

Post by D.B.COOPER »

Funny how nobody is talking about pork at all. :D Is this the end of pork? Cause if it is, just send me all your jars of pork and I will know what to do with them. :D Lol. Just interesting. Is it a confidence thing or something else? I know the Coochster loves that pork! :D D.B.COOPER 8)
offduty

Post by offduty »

D.B.COOPER wrote:Funny how nobody is talking about pork at all. :D Is this the end of pork? Cause if it is, just send me all your jars of pork and I will know what to do with them. :D Lol. Just interesting. Is it a confidence thing or something else? I know the Coochster loves that pork! :D D.B.COOPER 8)
I did not think they made 7" pork.
Rich
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

offduty wrote:
D.B.COOPER wrote:Funny how nobody is talking about pork at all. :D Is this the end of pork? Cause if it is, just send me all your jars of pork and I will know what to do with them. :D Lol. Just interesting. Is it a confidence thing or something else? I know the Coochster loves that pork! :D D.B.COOPER 8)
I did not think they made 7" pork.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
offduty

Post by offduty »

Wow I went to the Uncle Josh website and they do have 7" pork.

Rich
Rich
jimbo007

Post by jimbo007 »

Ah Ha....Told ya so... :lol:
jimbo007

Post by jimbo007 »

Het OffDuty, did you ever get your Wadda Jigs and Wadda Bombs :?:
offduty

Post by offduty »

[quote="jimbo007"]Het OffDuty, did you ever get your Wadda Jigs and Wadda Bombs :?:[/quote

Yeah about $58.00 worth. I put them in a small plano box that was sitting next to me today between the 2 seats. I hit about 70 and they flew out, I turned around real quick but got to them just to watch them sink out of sight. I dont know what it was about today but nothing seemed to go right. Last time I had a day like this was the late 80's and I kept breaking marble with the router at our marble shop. My boss came out and asked me if I had any money in my pocket. I told him no but the fridge is full of food and I ride my bike everywhere. He said put this $50.00 in your pocket and just take the day off and tomorrow will be great I guarantee it. Man I could have used him today.

Rich
Rich
jimbo007

Post by jimbo007 »

offduty wrote:
jimbo007 wrote:Het OffDuty, did you ever get your Wadda Jigs and Wadda Bombs :?:[/quote

Yeah about $58.00 worth. I put them in a small plano box that was sitting next to me today between the 2 seats. I hit about 70 and they flew out, I turned around real quick but got to them just to watch them sink out of sight. I dont know what it was about today but nothing seemed to go right. Last time I had a day like this was the late 80's and I kept breaking marble with the router at our marble shop. My boss came out and asked me if I had any money in my pocket. I told him no but the fridge is full of food and I ride my bike everywhere. He said put this $50.00 in your pocket and just take the day off and tomorrow will be great I guarantee it. Man I could have used him today.

Rich
Well hit me up at James@tntbaits.com.....maybe I can help you out with some of your loss :D
offduty

Post by offduty »

jimbo007 wrote:
offduty wrote:
jimbo007 wrote:Het OffDuty, did you ever get your Wadda Jigs and Wadda Bombs :?:[/quote

Rich
Well hit me up at James@tntbaits.com.....maybe I can help you out with some of your loss :D
I received a pm from Troyce from TNT baits asking for my address and a list of what I lost. I let him know what I thought I had to the best of my recollection and it looks like I will be getting some replacement baits. You know most customer service is not very good in my experience but Troyce from TNT baits certainly has excellent customer service. I was really surprised by his offer to send me some jigs to replace what I lost. I know I liked what I had just did not get to fish them much and obviously they are good jigs based on what others are saying. I may not excel in all my qualities but I got loyalty and appreciation down. I will be a TNT customer till I cant get on the boat anymore.

Rich
Rich
jimbo007

Post by jimbo007 »

Hey OffDuty, How did those TNT WADDAS work for you :?: :?: :D :D