rich mendoza

dfg not stocking alot of lakes

Post by rich mendoza »

tunaman

Re: dfg not stocking alot of lakes

Post by tunaman »

Yeah... here's a link to a related thread on the Southern board:
http://westernbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45241&f=3

Unfortunately some mis-guided students picked that 'environmental concern' to direct their efforts, and it appears to have been a pretty effective attack judging from the knee-jerk reactions in the state.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

Here is the full lake list from the DFG

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/stocking/Wil ... tocked.pdf
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

If anyone does not believe that the anti-hunter/fisher people are not going after our sports and doing it in all these other ways, then
you have our heads in the sand. A all out push to stop hunting and fishing would meet with some resistance, but by coming in the back door (so to speak) with all these other ideas is slowly eroding the lawful hunting and fishing we enjoy. Help the organizations that to their best to fight these people i.e. NRA, SCI and many others. BIll K :(
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

unreal

what can we do?
just shut up and fish
rich mendoza

Post by rich mendoza »

i dont think much, its part of a law suit. but correct me if im wrong.

does part of our license fee go toward the price of stocking?? if so we are getting hosed this year.
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

we are getting hosed either frickin way.
The DFG has been planting trout for a very long damn time.
Now whats the problem?
just shut up and fish
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

ribbit, the thought is non-native species destroying native species, in particular frogs.
Dan Stahlman

Fish and Game caves in again

Post by Dan Stahlman »

As with the law that says that Wild Turkeys can be killed if they are near a Vinyard our glorious Fish and Game has sold us down the river again. When are they going to use the money our overpriced license and stamp revenues that we pay to defeat the special interests. Does anybody in the Fish and Game have the vision or foresight to see that these special interests have a hidden agenda. For the Turkey's it strictly money but for the trout its just another ploy to come in the back door to limit or shut down our ability to hunt or fish. I've been saying it for years that the for the most part the fish and game is controled by politicians.

The other problem that is going to arise out of this is the fiscal impact it will have on the resorts which are on these lakes. Undoubtly, many will shut down due to loss of business. If things arn't bad enough now for them, this should be the final nail in the coffin.

My final question is what right does the Fish and Game have to give away our righs to hunt and fish. I think its about time for a proposition to put it in the hands of professionals as all the other states have done.
Bill K

Re: Fish and Game caves in again

Post by Bill K »

I honestly feel that the majority of the wardens still feel for and like wildlife and the public. However the boards, politicians and those that make the laws and rules, are more and more people of Anti-hunt/fish mindset. Slowly we are loosing the battle and our rights to pursue our god given sports. I am glad I lived the majority of my life in a time when you could travel, hunt, fish anywhere you wanted. Out of state fees and hunting/fishing areas were open and much better suited to people's needs. So enjoy what you can now, it is getting worse every year. Usually I am a positive person, but in these matters I am becoming more negitive. Bill K :(
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Dan Stahlman

Re: Fish and Game caves in again

Post by Dan Stahlman »

Bill, your absolutly right. I'm 71 and still active thank goodness, but in all my years I have never seen the Fish and Game in such a bad light. It does have great Wardens and Biologist working for it that are extremly dedicated. The Wardens have without question one of the most dangerious jobs in Law Enforcement yet they are amond the poorest paid. A couple of years ago I saw a Warden"s truck parked at a sporting goods store in the valley. I looked at the truck and the tires were nearly bald as he explained he couldn't get the funding for replacement ones yet. At the same time frame Outdoor writer Terry Knight and myself were giving a Turkey hunting seminar for the Fish and Game in Sacramento. Looking at the vehicles that the big shots had were all new SUV's and Pickups with good rubber that had never been off the road and gotten dirty. What's wrong with this picture? Oh, by the way, we were never thanked for our time and effort over the years giving these which cost us both time and money. Anyway, the younger sportsmen and women had better wake up and get active or the whole outdoor program is going down the toilet.