Z520 for 20 bucks? NOT?

Robert F

Z520 for 20 bucks? NOT?

Post by Robert F »

From the thread on BBC the guy that raffled the Z520 is now selling the boat. Said the guy that won it didn't want it. Last year his Uncle won it. Thought he held back enough to pay for the boat before he "gave" the rest to charity? Why does he need to sell it for close to 40 grand again? Why not draw another name? Why would somebody enter a drawing for a boat then not want it? I do not think it would too much of a hardship for a guy from Texas to go to Oklahoma to pick up a 40,000 boat.
Brian

Re: Z520 for 20 bucks? NOT?

Post by Brian »

HAHAHA WHAT A SCAM. HAHAHAHAH
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Guyle

Post by Guyle »

Sounds like we were scammed, I already expected that. I thought $20 might be worth losing just in case it was real.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Sorry you were in there. Sure does smell. Guess next year there won't be as many "customers"
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Priceless. . .
Brian wrote:"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Was this the boat that was a "Sticky" up here for awhile? I hate to say it but anyone who didn't see that train-wreck coming deserved to lose $20! :roll:

Anyone who feels left out is welcome to send me $20 and I will give them the exact same chance they had of winning that boat! :wink:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
duaneg4

Post by duaneg4 »

I wonder if FLW would be interested in this since he is fishing with them? If this is in fact a scam, what does this say about one's character? Problem is this was held on the reservation. Tribal laws.

Did you go to his website and try to pull up the winner? My server said it was an IP address and "appeared fraudulent".

Bass Tournament Statistics

Career earnings: $ 165,477
Number of tournaments won: 1
Number of Top-10 tournament finishes: 5
Largest bass weighed to win Big Bass award: 7 lbs, 0 oz, (3/10/2004, Walmart FLW Tour, FLW Tour , Old Hickory Lake, TN)
Weight of largest day's catch: 18 lbs, 12 oz, (2007, Stren Series, Central , Kentucky Lake, KY)
Number of events fished: 89 since 1997
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I guess that's why the raffle was conducted on an Indian reservation.
Probably couldn't press charges if you wanted to.

Them boys from Texas like to talk tuff; maybe one of em will step up and give this guy the whoopin he deserves.
duaneg4

Post by duaneg4 »

Too bad we couldn't sick the Gators on him.
hawgk9

Post by hawgk9 »

I watched the raffle.. Interesting how every ticket pulled was an actual ticket and not a SCAN or offf an email.. hmmmm
Marty

Post by Marty »

Ken C. wrote:Priceless. . .
Brian wrote:"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Plus One
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

What a POS...............................................................
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

What do you think about 4 people standing in the store winning one of 18 prizes? Also had 2 or 3 others from "town" that he personally knew. Pretty amazing odds. Seems to me the actual tickets were the only ones in the barrel.
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Since the guy who ran the raffle was posting here before the raffle. Maybe he can chime in and clear some of this up?
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Just curious, and playing the devil's advocate, but has anyone actually validated the information before crucifying the guy? Or would ya'll rather just go get a couple of ropes?

I've sent an email to Mark to allow him the opportunity to defend his reputation - not sure if he will do so or not, but figured it was only fair.

Roger
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

tunaman wrote:Just curious, and playing the devil's advocate, but has anyone actually validated the information before crucifying the guy? Or would ya'll rather just go get a couple of ropes?

I've sent an email to Mark to allow him the opportunity to defend his reputation - not sure if he will do so or not, but figured it was only fair.

Roger
C'mon Rog,

Much easier to just hang a guy instead of getting the facts and the truth :wink:

Getting the truth would require some effort and today's "new" bass fishing crowd pretty much doesn't want to put out any extra effort, they just want instant gratification :lol:

Obi
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

tunaman wrote:Just curious, and playing the devil's advocate, but has anyone actually validated the information before crucifying the guy? Or would ya'll rather just go get a couple of ropes?

Roger

Look at the original post. I posed questions. Anybody have answers? Goines came here to promote his drawing. He is just as capable to come here and answer the questions. This is his second rodeo. Do you think it would be fair to not pose these questions and allow a third hit if the questionable portions of the raffle are true? Not much more validation necessary than watching the drawing video. IMO there are few explanations for 6 plus locals to win 18 prizes in a nationwide promoted drawing. I want to trust all fishermen. I feel Gary's comment is just as ridiculous as the parent that walked 6 miles to school in the snow every day. Uphill both ways. These are not the "old days". Scams were swept under the carpet "back then". Now the information highway gets the word out.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Given that I don't believe he's a frequent visitor to WB I wouldn't expect that posting here would have a high likelihood of getting a response? Also don't I've seen any posts of his over on callbassin either? If I was that concerned, I'd probably try to contact him myself to validate before casting aspersions based on a post I read on another board... there's a whole lot of misinformation passed around as fact. He seems to be easy enough to contact:

Email - markg@pinncom.com
Phone (probable) - 918-963-2409

Roger
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Robert F wrote:Look at the original post. I posed questions. Anybody have answers?
Also, I don't think anyone could have answers, other than Mark himself. Hope you find your truth...

Roger
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

A guy on the BBC thread said the guy that won the boat took the cash offer instead of the boat.
A cash off was never mentioned in the raffle details.

Mark needs to show proof on his website where all the money went. He shouldn't have made a dime since he still owns the boat.

There are two videos on his site of the raffle that are currently not working.

Mark needs to prove his innocence and until then he is guilty.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

[quote="Robert F
I feel Gary's comment is just as ridiculous as the parent that walked 6 miles to school in the snow every day. Uphill both ways. These are not the "old days". Scams were swept under the carpet "back then". Now the information highway gets the word out.[/quote]

Robert,

Thanks for supporting my second statement. :roll:

It appears everyone is jumping to conclusions based on second and third hand information instead of doing a little homework!

Have you tried to contact Mark directly? It appears not. :?
If you want his mailing address, I can supply that too 8)

I am sure as Roger has suggested that he is the only one that can truelly answer your questions. I don't think he would risk his high-profile sponsorships with fraud as you suggest. Just a little too much to lose...but the is just my opinion and I cannot truelly speak for the thoughts and actions of another individual.

Whoopbass - I just got both videos to load without problem :shock:
Whoopbass wrote:Mark needs to prove his innocence and until then he is guilty.
  • How typical of the bass fishing community :evil:
Obi

ps. The first comment was more of an inside joke for Roger and those who really know me :wink:
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
Taint

Post by Taint »

Whoopbass wrote:A guy on the BBC thread said the guy that won the boat took the cash offer instead of the boat.
A cash off was never mentioned in the raffle details.

Mark needs to show proof on his website where all the money went. He shouldn't have made a dime since he still owns the boat.

There are two videos on his site of the raffle that are currently not working.

Mark needs to prove his innocence and until then he is guilty.
The videos are working fine on my comp. Try usin the crank on the back of ur comp to give it more juice since ur in Modesto. :lol:
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

The link to the videos on the front page of his site still don't work for me.
Anyways, it would be real easy for him to clear the air but he just hasn't done it. There has been a few spokespersons on his behalf but not much coming from him.
Nobody should have to call or e-mail him for an explanation. This was a public raffle that he put-on so he's the one that is required to post the details of the raffle.
If it was 100% legit then he needs to get off his butt and squash the rumors.
Taint

Post by Taint »

He does have a message board on his web site. So why doesn't anybody go there and light it up?
GW

Post by GW »

This thing looked "fishey" from the start so I am glad I stayed away.

But the videos work fine for me.

The winners name was Brian number is 713-382-3282 ...maybe someone who played wants to call the guy and see if he really won?

With my limited internet skills I did a reverse number look up and that number comes up in Houston Texas, not Katy Texas as in the video. Matter of fact the number shows on the map to be either the City of Houston City Hall or the Courthouse......

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Revers ... ime=survey
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

If this is true...

with a hometown of...Shady Point...what do you expect...

Mark Goines
Home: Shady Point, OK

Bass Tournament Statistics

Career earnings: $ 165,477
Number of tournaments won: 1
Number of Top-10 tournament finishes: 5
Largest bass weighed to win Big Bass award: 7 lbs, 0 oz, (3/10/2004, Walmart FLW Tour, FLW Tour , Old Hickory Lake, TN)
Weight of largest day's catch: 18 lbs, 12 oz, (2007, Stren Series, Central , Kentucky Lake, KY)
Number of events fished: 89 since 1997
Number of folks ripped off: ???
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Update:

Mark Goines did offer the guy in Texas cash for the boat. The guy turned him down. Then the guy checked with the Attorney about taxes, insurance, transportation cost and any other fees and called Goines back 2 days later. Mark had a couple other deals fall through, now someone bought it. $2000 went the The Children's Miracle Network. $40 of it was mine. ;D

http://www.markgoines.com/newspaper.jpeg
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
SoCalBassAssassin

Post by SoCalBassAssassin »

All I can say is that it's a shame all you guys lost your money, but there probably isn't anything you can do about it now. However. In the future remember what the old fisherman said. "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is." I couldn't help putting that in. I think everyone should take a trip to Okie land, and kick some butt! :lol: :lol:
I came. I caught. I released. Life is good! -Saul-
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

The winner this year happen to be the nephew of the winner last year ? What's the odd of that happening ?? With luck like that, he should put up $1.00 on that power ball lotto.
Is that bridge in NY still for sale ??
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

fishwithron2 wrote:The winner this year happen to be the nephew of the winner last year ? What's the odd of that happening ?? With luck like that, he should put up $1.00 on that power ball lotto.
Where did you hear that rumor? There was a boat giveaway last year?
fishwithron2 wrote:The winner this year happen to be the nephew of the winner last year ? What's the odd of that happening ?? With luck like that, he should put up $1.00 on that power ball lotto.
I don't feel bad for me.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Robert F

Post by Robert F »

I would be careful with that original owner claim. Unless it is never been WARRANTY registered with Ranger it is a second owner boat. Plus is has to transfer through a dealer.