btd worst service

Saechao

btd worst service

Post by Saechao »

heres why i places an order for a powell rod and reel last thursday.
btd says my shipment was partial shipped. ups says they delivered the rod..umm yet to recv it??? call btd talk to the reps and they advised me to make a claim thru ups?

so i called ups filed a claim request. (shouldnt btd do this?) ups says there gunna run an investigation..this process takes 7-8 biz days? as i was told..

well i called btd they gave me a lame excuse told me
they have to wait for the claim to go through
before they can issue out a new rod...wtf
why cant they issue out a new rod while ups does this investigation
its kinda stupid..i already paid yet i have to wait..
for something that not my fault

and the reel? yet to recv it..was never provided a tracking number?

emailed mark yesterday
yet to recv a reply.

i should have stuck with tackle wearhouse
never had a problem with them...

Bruce Saechao
tunaman

Re: btd worst service

Post by tunaman »

Not specific to BTD, nor am I defending any vendor, but if they provided the rod to be shipped to UPS, and UPS claims that they delivered the rod, how exactly is that the fault of BTD? Sounds like UPS left the rod when no one was home, and someone else saw it and snagged it?

Sucks, but if that is the case it certainly should be on the shipper, not the vendor IMHO.

I may be missing something here - if so please enlighten me?

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Hopefully BTD will take care of you.

I can honestly say, BTD was alittle slow the first time I used them, but recently they have been nothing but perfect. Ordered a few rods from them and received the rods 2 days later. Solid service over here.....

Oh trust me my rods where left outside my house by UPS twice this week. Luckly they made it inside.....
sean alarid

Post by sean alarid »

tunaman wrote:Not specific to BTD, nor am I defending any vendor, but if they provided the rod to be shipped to UPS, and UPS claims that they delivered the rod, how exactly is that the fault of BTD? Sounds like UPS left the rod when no one was home, and someone else saw it and snagged it?

Sucks, but if that is the case it certainly should be on the shipper, not the vendor IMHO.

I may be missing something here - if so please enlighten me?

Roger
+1
UPS screwed up on this 1. BTD customer services has nothing to do with this. I wouldn't expect them to give me another rod if UPS lost the 1 I ordered. Then there down a rod...
Bobby D's custom baits
http://www.piranha.com/
http://www.snagproof.com/
http://blackdogbaits.com/
http://www.swimbaitcity.com/
texas john

Post by texas john »

I buy through both since one has what the other doesnt in some cases. I have received nothing but excellent service from both. I hope this is an isolated incident due to the UPS error. I purchsed some items from Fishermans Warehouse and they shipped it to the wrong address, and waited to ship my order waiting on 1 package of Tung weights. These things happen when we purchase online. Im sure BTD will try to make amends for the headache.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/jtrtexca/usmcsealani.gif[/img]
www.johnrector.yolasite.com
www.pepperjigs.com
Joe

Post by Joe »

I've never recieved any bad service from Tackle Warehouse ever. If anything, its been over and above the normal service from other online stores. I 'm sure BTD will take care of you. If not let us know so we don't spend our money there. I haven't personally had any problems with BTD and they do offer tackle that TW doesn't have so you are caught between a rock and you know what sometimes. Check out Outdoorproshop.com, they will treat you right also. Good luck,

Joe
Saechao

Post by Saechao »

well of course i know its ups fault.. its obviously not mine as well
but the point is.. btd being the company
that they are should send a replacement
while ups does there investigation

am i correct or not?

why am i the one thats has to wait
when i already paid
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

not
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

In defense of BTD, once an item leaves the vendor it is then the responsibilty of the shipper to deliver the item. From that point it is the receivers responsibility to file a claim with the shipper if the product is damaged or lost. If the vendor were to replace the item before the claim is filed and accepted by the shipper the vendor could be out the cost of two items. This is one of the risks of buying online as opposed to buying it locally in the store...

It is unfortunate when it happens, but it does happen. Stuff gets left on the doorstep and gets stolen before you ever see it. That could be a problem, especially if you have given UPS/FedEx permission to leave items without a signature.

In the future you should request full insurance, and insist that it be shipped "Signature Required" or "Hold For Delivery". In that case if a shipment goes missing the burden of proof is on the shipper not the receiver, or it is on the vendor if they did not comply with your request.

(edit) I say the cost of two items because as a consumer you probably paid by credit card which means you can always dispute the charge with the CC provider and in essence the vendor now gets screwed out of the $ you had paid them - at least for an extended time period - plus the expense of the replacement item.

I am not insinuating anything by this statement, but there have been previous scams run on shippers and vendors so this is the price that we - the legitimate customers - now have to pay. :roll:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
basshunter4u

Post by basshunter4u »

Here is the solution. Support your local Tackle shops for these types of orders. If they dont have the rod your looking for they can order it direct through the MFGr and then they can call you when it arrives. You are still paying retail but actually are going to save on the shipping. Whats a couple days you can even call your local dealer and order it over the phone if he doesnt have it and he can call you when it arrives. How easy is that? This is not BTDs fault by any meens. In this case the Middle man UPS is at fault. Who knows really if it was delivered at all. Could have been a corrupt driver that wanted a new rod? Who knows but anyhow good luck with getting your rod.
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded
Phil

Post by Phil »

ups did this to us once left at door or ???at Jigs Tackle.........cost us $$$$ never did get the items..............since, UPS did not leave anything unless we signed for it. Trust me, it's UPS !!
mvanguilder

Post by mvanguilder »

This is why I deal with Bait Barn only. He will always take care of you. He does web orders all of the time and is really working hard at it. Manny does next day shipping.

www.baitbarn.net
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Just because you deal with bait barn doesn't mean ups can loose a order or leave the item at the door were some one can steal it can happen to bait barn too and all others. its not btds fault they put out the order than its up to ups to deliever the item.
biteme

Post by biteme »

I order online A LOT! Ive been lucky so far no lost stuff. Although my driver does leave stuff with no one home all the time. So I guess it could happen. Sorry to hear your out a rod for now. I dont understand why you think BTD should cover it. UPS has screwed up and its on them. Now if BTD sent the rod to the wrong addy then I would understand.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Chances are UPS delivered it to the wrong address, normally they won't just drop a package off without a signature..FedEx is famous for doing just that,,Also just as a point of information, if BTD is the insurer they should be the ones making the claim..Hopefully the item was insured..When I was a shipping agent, I found that by me making the claim, faster results were obtained than by the recipient making the claim..As a shipper I had excellent rapport with all the carriers and seldom ran into any problems with claims, other than the standard denial because of improper packaging..I even overcame those by proving my packaging wasn't substandard and was always DOT approved and UPS approved..No insurance likes to pay a claim and many will deny a claim initially, but most will pay up if you stick to your guns..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
rickd

Post by rickd »

What some drivers will do is say it’s delivered and keep it in the truck when you have another shipment they see on the radar in the next couple of days. I had this happen most recently with parts from Ranger via UPS and a shipment from BPS. They said the BPS shipment was delivered when it wasn’t, couple of days later I get home and there are 2 boxes at my door. The seat I had been waiting for and the windshield that I ordered from Ranger.

I’ll bet you it’s UPS and not BTD.