Lake Escape Resort at Clear Lake

Louie

Lake Escape Resort at Clear Lake

Post by Louie »

I was wondering what people think of Lake Escape Resort on Clear lake. Will be going up next month with my wife and want a place that is clean and safe to keep the boat. They haven't answered the phone so I am not sure they are even open.

thanks,

Louie
MT

Re: Lake Escape Resort at Clear Lake

Post by MT »

I stayed there two summers ago with my wife and kids. Very clean and nice resort. The slips for the boat were also nice. I remember being very worried though as we were driving through the town of Clearlake to the resort thinking if the place looks like the rest of the area then I'm in trouble. We were releived when we arrived as the resort looked nearly new compared to all the other dumps. I hope they have kept it up. Mike
mcsanders

Post by mcsanders »

I was there last July 4th. Nice rooms, nice boat docks, good boat parking. Ramp was a little tight but no big deal. I would stay there again.
Ross England

Post by Ross England »

Hi Louie,

They are currently closed with a sign that does not say when/if they will reopen...no one around seems to know either. I have had clients stay there on many occasions and they were very pleased.

Ross
Byron

Post by Byron »

You could also try this place that my buddy Tony Barthel bought last year. Haven't been there yet but I hear it's a nice stay and it has power for your charger and a ramp with docks.

http://www.featherbedrailroad.com/
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

louie,

I was in the local tackle shop and I thought the owner said they were closed (I thought he meant for good) have you tried VRBO.com? there are a couple of cool places listed for clear lake depending on your budget.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
durobi

Post by durobi »

Try Ferndale Resort on Soda bay. They have a web site . I've stayed there and it's great. Boat docks are really nice and the have a good ramp . They also have a marine mechanic and shop on the premises as well as a restaurant.
The owners are very friendly and accomodating
longshot

Post by longshot »

I stayed there for the 4th of july also same thing nice room,pool, slips ect. in a crappy town......... Very affordable. Then i was going to book the rooms again and the price had practicly doubled. I was thinking wow how could it get more expensive being the 4th of july should be about peak season..... Now it all makes since to bad one of the only really nice places to stay on that side of the lake.
L.S.
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

You cant beat Ferndale resort as they have resturant, docks, gas pump, launch ramp, just my $.02.
www.ferndale2.ipower.com
Ray Vanacore
Ray Vanacore
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

+1 for Ferndale!

Ramp is a bit sketchy because of low water levels, but if you're gonna leave your boat in a slip for a few days then you're good.

Best restaurant in Lake County...Hands Down...

Clean, Safe, Friendly Staff...

Say "hi" to Buddy the Spaniel too!
"In times of rapid change experience can be your biggest handicap"
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

The Rainbow Lodge in Lakeport recently got remodeled and opened. Ross England has seen it and recommended it. I doubt it has slips though.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Louie

Post by Louie »

Thanks for the input. I will give some of them a call.
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

That's too bad to hear about the Lake place, I have stayed there many times over the years and always found it to be top notch for such reasonable rates that I was charged.

I will 2nd Ferndales, but it dose put you more out there as far as location goes. just more miles and gas to use for the boat. The docks and launch facility were great and they do have kitchenette cabins if you are in to doing your own.

One thing you need to watch for is the amount of weeds in the bay to get in and out of the resort. For some reason when ever I have stayed there they were really thick and some what difficult to get through. Maybe its been cleared up in the last couple of years seance I passed through.
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!