NFR-RIP OPD Officers - EOW 03-21-09

krpierce

NFR-RIP OPD Officers - EOW 03-21-09

Post by krpierce »

http://www.mercurynews.com/centralcoast/ci_1196817...

Stay safe out there my fellow Brothers/Sisters...Sad news.
Kenny Pierce
backlash

Re: NFR-RIP OPD Officers - EOW 03-21-09

Post by backlash »

Why is it so often a "parolee" is involved in these types of tragedys?
Brian

Post by Brian »

R.I.P. Sad News. My Brother In Law worked with and Knew Three of the Officers.........
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

This is what pisses me off "EVEN MORE" .... to no end !! :evil:

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The family of the man labeled the killer of three police officers in Oakland, Calif., is defending the 26-year-old parolee who also was slain.

Authorities in Oakland say suspect Lovelle Mixon was slain in a gunfight with police in which two officers were killed Saturday. Police said another officer was fatally shot earlier in the day and a fourth was gravely wounded after the two of them pulled Mixon over for a traffic stop.

A cousin of Mixon said Sunday that he was "not a monster."

Twenty-eight-year-old LaTasha Mixon of Sacramento also said her family's prayers were with the slain officers' relatives.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Sunday ordered flags at the state capitol flown at half-staff in honor of the slain officers

Everyone that is able~ Should have one of these already out .... and if not~ it is an even better reason to go out and buy one to display your Love For OUR Country. and the men and women that represent Daily ~ our freedoms and there own personal sacrafice.

Godspeed OPD !! Image
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

backlash wrote:Why is it so often a "parolee" is involved in these types of tragedys?
As a retired peace officer, I tell you it is due to so many not wanting the death penalty. So they are either paroled back to the street or taken care of for life, in prison's. While the working man/woman slaves away to make ends meet. Look at N.M. they just repealed the death penalty. You can argue with me, all day, but a bullet or the old hangman's noose is cheaper, not matter what they say, the housing them for life. Sorry for the rant, but it will only get worse, as times goes by. So stock up on your firearms and ammor and take care of yourself. Bill K
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Paul W

Post by Paul W »

I just read that story about 30 minutes ago, it makes me feel both sad and angry. I have to say that I was not one bit surprised it happened in Oakland, either. I love how they interviewed the suspects' sister or whatever, and she said "he was not a monster." Ya...right. God bless those cops who died as a result of that scumbag.....

Paul W
Jason P

Post by Jason P »

I agree with everything said above, we need more death penalty. I just saw this on the news and the sister said " he didn't want to go back to jail" What a freakin joke. This angers me so much. I wish there was more I could do to keep scum like this in jail and off the streets. RIP

Jason Pardini
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

This type of thing will continue to happen more and more as we second guess the actions of those who defend our country at home and abroad. We tighten our "rules of engagement" at home or abroad and all it does is give those who we are fighting a better chance of taken out those who are doing the "right" thing. Rest in Peace Gentlemen.

Andy

P.S. Jason you have a PM.
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Re: RIP OPD Officers - EOW 03-21-09 (prayer)

Post by blkdog812 »

A POLICE OFFICERS PRAYER:
LORD, I ask for courage:
courage to face and conquer my own fears...
courage to take me where others fear to go......
I ask for strength:
strength of body to protet others...
and strength of spirit to lead others...
I ask for dedication:
dedication to my job, to do well......
dedication to my country, to keep it safe...
And to please. Lord, through out it all be at my side...
R.I.P.

author unknown
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

God Bless these families and the Officers of OPD.

My cousin was an OPD officer and was shot in the line of duty in 1995 by a dirtbag wth an AK-47. I saw this news yesterday and had vivid flashbacks to that day. I feel for those families. I know exactly what they are going through.
At least they won't have to endure the trial the joke of a judicail system we have would put on.

On a side note. I went on a ride along with my cousin once. You all wouldn't believe the crap thrown and yelled at them everyday. Sad. Very sad.
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

I'm just waiting for Oakland to implode upon itself....
Scott E.

Post by Scott E. »

I'm heartbroken at this moment. SWAT officer Daniel Sakai killed along with the other officers is/was the son of an incredible family here in Big Bear. I still remember him as a little kid. I had the pleasure of teaching skiing with his mom and dad for about 10 years or so and working for his father for a couple summers as well as enjoying their friendship and hospitality. I don't know what else to say about this needless tragedy except God, please bless these officers and their families. Scott
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

The TV coverage Radio and Paper Articles written today were so freaking PATHETIC as well !!

Mixon's cousin, who didn't want her name used, said Mixon was "a good guy." "I don't know what was in his mind," she said. "He's a good guy. He does the normal things like everybody else, smoke weed and drink, drive his little car down MacArthur to impress the little girls. There must be more to this."
"It's a loss, not just to the friends and family of the officers, but also for the relatives of the alleged criminal," Terrell said. "Here these officers, it was their responsibility to do their job.
And this one .... How does someone that does not have a job- get a set of these ??
Lovelle Mixon's uncle, Curtis Mixon of Fremont, remembers his last cell phone call with his nephew. One minute they were talking about the recently purchased Buick's 22-inch rims, the next Lovelle Mixon was being pulled over by a police officer. Then, nothing.

And all the other stories as well --

~~> http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-sto ... ck_check=1

~~> http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/oa ... i_11972437

Many more ..... and then OF COURSE .... Comes this now -- Prolly headed by Don Perada himself... :roll:

Oakland officers' slayings reignite gun control debate ~~> http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/oa ... i_11980688

HELLLLO - HE WAS A FELON/CRIMINAL THAT CRIMINALLY CARRIED OUT HIS OWN ACTIONS !!
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Marty

Post by Marty »

I know what you mean Dan – Poor boy my @ss – he stood over Sgt. Mark Dunakin and Off. John Hege and shot them again before running way!
Jerry Brown's and the current mayor are fircking idiots. Oakland does not even have their own jail and only 800 police officer when a city that size should have at least 1100.

Here are some other articles quotes that in my mind make the reasons that lead to this!

Just read the articles words, “like tight-knit law enforcementâ€