Anyone use a float tube

not4un

Anyone use a float tube

Post by not4un »

I am looking into getting a float tube...anyone have any suggestions. I will be using it at Mc Clure and Pedro...and of course private ponds. I am looking into the Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe LCS Float Tube. Anyone ever use one? I know I am not gonna cover a lot of water w/one but I could care less just enjoy getting out and rippin lips.
CATCHEMCARO

Re: Anyone use a float tube

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

Check out a Bucksbag Southfork Kick boat or a Bucksbag High & Dri round tube. These are high quality boats that will last you a long long time. I have fished from these boats for many years and they are roomy and safe. http://www.bucksbags.com/cm_cat.asp?id=4 For more information on float tubes and kick boats go to the Sonoma County Belly Boat Bass Clubs web site at www.scbbbc.com you can also check out Bass-N-Tubes float tube club. They are probably closer to your area. Feel free to PM me and I'll help you all I can with your float tube / kick boat questions.
Rich
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
leachman90

Post by leachman90 »

I use the Outcast Sportsmans Warehouse tube( the blue one) when I float.I like it alo and it is very heavy duty which is important because I fish around alot of russian olive trees(sumerged).As for caring enough rods I just made a pvc rod holder for 3 extra rods.This gives me usally 4 rods on th water.I float alot of small ponds as well as the Columbia in certain areas.Nothing like getting out where a bass boat can't get to and hitting a 9 lber. :wink:
www.insideline.net/index.php/forum
FR0G

Post by FR0G »

Have you looked into getting a pontoon boat? They are awesome. You can carry much more gear, get around ALOT faster, and its way more stable.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
some guy

Post by some guy »

I think Paul Bailey has one for sale.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Fishmonger

Post by Fishmonger »

some guy wrote:I think Paul Bailey has one for sale.
LMAO! :lol:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
Benjamin Franklin
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

not4un wrote:I am looking into getting a float tube...anyone have any suggestions. I will be using it at Mc Clure and Pedro...and of course private ponds. I am looking into the Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe LCS Float Tube. Anyone ever use one? I know I am not gonna cover a lot of water w/one but I could care less just enjoy getting out and rippin lips.

I have one for sale it is an odc 816 and it even has a fishfinder with temp on it... it is in near new condition. great boat new it is 450 with out the trolling motor mount and electronics.... I am asking 400 for it with all the bells and whistles. It is a great toon . I also built a custom rod rack that carries 5 rods...... I have pics if you would like to see them. you can not go wrong with the creek company toons.
not4un

Post by not4un »

PM sent
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

I started my floating career in a Caddis U tube, and of course it was something great becuase I was on the water now!

If you are looking specifically for a FLOAT TUBE, that Fish Cat 4 would be a great choice, it is well designed and being an upturned "bow" and the "U" shape, it would be a fast tube and very stable, plus it has got a slightly raised seat, which gets you a little more out of the water.

If you have the budget, the pontoon boat would be the way to go, you're up and out of the water on the seat, you have paddles for long distance movement, and the fins to keep you in control for fighting fish. Plus, you've got a bit more storage space and the options of more add-on.

Just my 2 cents, hope you enjoy your float tube future,
Dan
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

I am currently fishing out of a Fish Cat 4. I love it and am working on customized boxes for mine now. I would like to upgrade to a pontoon soon though. It's hard to cover a lot of water in a U-tube on the delta.

Feel free to PM me any ?s you might have.

Tight lines,

L[/img]