Motorguide Warranty Help

Phil

Motorguide Warranty Help

Post by Phil »

Any Warranty Rep on Western Bass. I have another one, my 2nd in less than a year. May be time to go to MinnKota ????

JIGS
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Re: Motorguide Warranty Help

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

Phil,

what is wrong with your trolling motor. What model and how many pounds thrust do you have. Are you having the same problems as the first time? I am a Motor Guide Service center in the Redding area, if you want to call me, my phone # 530 246-8051 and I can maybe help you. The warranty for most Motor Guide is two years from the date of purchase. Some have an extended program, but the only way I can find out is to have your serial #.

JLS (Jay Liu’s Service trolling motor repair)
Phil

Post by Phil »

pro70 45" 24v 20.8 950300010 9b416622 first bought July 2008 mounted, 1st and 3rd speed did not work. Motorguide sent complete replacement. Thank Motorguide. Now 9 months later, the new replacement 1st and 2nd speed quit and does not work.
Thanks to Geene at the Hook, he has ordered me another new one, says it will be here in 15 days or so. This seems to be a on going issue with that particular Mototguide I guess. I pray for wind sunday at the tournament so I can use 3, 4 & maybe 5 speed.
Also one other issue with Motorguide, I tested a new Beeline at Oroville last month at WestCoast Bass Pro-Am. The Motorguide stripped or jumped the rack and pinion steering, so I had no steering the 2nd day of the tournament. May be time to go back to Minnkota ??????
JIGS
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

I used to love Motorguide for years and never had any problems with any that I ever owned but I'll tell you that after I got a MinnKota I will never get a motorguide again. It's just plain better, like an upgraded super free reel. And I don't even fish many lakes with weeds either, it's just quite and smooth. Hope you get it fixed!!!!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley