Revenge Spinnerbaits

JRock

Revenge Spinnerbaits

Post by JRock »

Anyone having problems with them breaking? This weekend I had one break after only being struck by its second fish of the day :evil: . I've never used Revenge spinnerbaits before but found their color selection hard to pass up.
big_limits

Re: Revenge Spinnerbaits

Post by big_limits »

I stopped bying the R2S spinnerbaits for this reason, but never had trouble with the Revenge.
Jim Moulton

Post by Jim Moulton »

They are very good blades. Stick with them you won't be disapointed. Jim
DL

Post by DL »

JRock wrote:Anyone having problems with them breaking? This weekend I had one break after only being struck by its second fish of the day :evil: . I've never used Revenge spinnerbaits before but found their color selection hard to pass up.
I have never had that problem and I'm sure its just an isolated incident. Call Revenge and let them know. Ray is a maniac when it comes to product performance, and I am sure he will make it right. What color and what size was the one you broke? If I have that color and size in my stash I can mail you one tomorrow....
"Feel the steel"
biteme

Post by biteme »

big_limits wrote:I stopped bying the R2S spinnerbaits for this reason, but never had trouble with the Revenge.
You and me both! Its a shame to because the baits look soooo good! Ive broke three of em. I wont buy anymore.
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

They are some of my favorite spinnerbaits, have a bunch of them and I have never had one break
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Sacto John wrote:They are some of my favorite spinnerbaits, have a bunch of them and I have never had one break
Same here VPR use to break on me all the time but never had a problem with the Revenge :twisted: Contact Ray with Revenge as DL suggested, I am confident that he will help make it right.

I have stuck plenty of toads on this bait, rebent them, abused them from docks and rocks and never had the issue of cast and watch them fall apart, VPR style.
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Like everyone else has said, contact Ray and he'll take care of it. I worked with him right after he got Revenge started and he is absolutely meticulous about his products. What hooks/skirts/rubberbands/blades/bearings/swivels he uses is based on extensive on-the-water testing by guys like Dobyns and others on the pro-staff, and he only uses the best.

Ray never made or was a part of VPR-pro. So I you can't even compare the two. But that's a whole 'nother can 'o worms.

I still use blades and baits that I put together myself 6 years ago when he had the little shop in Tracy, and I've caught a ton of fish on 'em, and they've never caused me any problems.

Andy
JRock

Post by JRock »

Thanks, I'll contact Ray.

JRock
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Maybe I am doing something wrong, I have never had a spinnerbait break on me..I have had the skirts come off, and have bent a few on rocks and docks, but never a broken one of any brand..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I never had a problem with them. I have stuck allot of jail fish on those that I thought should have broke it. I usually use 17# line but have caught striper to 20# on those with 65# braid and the reel locked down. A fish shouldnt break those. There about the best spinner baits out there you can get.

Funny thing is, you dont always hear about how well a bait, rod, reel, works until something goes wrong.
JRock

Post by JRock »

Does anyone have his contact information there is no contact information on the Revenge site? Strange thing is that upon reeling in my first fish one of the blades was tossed. I replaced the blade and when the second fish was being swung in the boat the wire broke as soon as the fish hit the deck. The fish was less than 3 lbs.
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

If you go to http://www.revengebaits.com
You click on the "Contact Us" link on the side it will give you Ray's e-mail:

revengebaits@sbcglobal.net

Andy
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

I've never had one break on the fish but everyone that I buy the plastic band dissolves and the skirts falls off. I've come to expect that this will happen to every spinner I buy. They make some of the best products out there this is the only problem I've had. I now zip tie the skirts
rmd

Post by rmd »

You guys need to check out KevKel spinner bait they are all hand tie and have louver blades,Tackle tour did a write up about the blades
Sinjin Kim

Post by Sinjin Kim »

George,

Please get your blades distributed to a wider extent or at least have a website for it. It is a shame such a great project is not well known and hard to find.

If you don't capitalize on your creation, it is just a matter of time all the copycats coming out and benefiting from your creation.

*My opinion of Kevkel blades is this:

First of, the components are built to last and this is the only blade I will ever use in waters where large fish are prominent.

The skirt is bar none of the highest quality and they are hand tied in a multi-step procedure (you can definitely tell a lot of work was built into each and every bait).

The blades spin at the slowest of retrieves but the bait won't turn over to its side turning a high speed "burn."

I can go and on about this, but I am sure if you were to see it for yourself, the product will sell itself. It flat out catches fish.
Last edited by Sinjin Kim on Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

where are they breaking?? hook? arm?
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
bassenvy

Post by bassenvy »

It's not uncommon to break blades where the wire meets the lead head...especially if your bangin' rocks. If Revenge doesn't come through for you check out Blade Runner's line. Rick ties most of his blades with atleast .050 musky wire.
HiroshimaCustoms.com
biteme

Post by biteme »

rmd wrote:You guys need to check out KevKel spinner bait they are all hand tie and have louver blades,Tackle tour did a write up about the blades
These are very cool baits. I have a couple but their not confidence colors so I dont throw em often enough. Ill have to pick up a few more.
rmd

Post by rmd »

Sinjin Kim i tried to get mike at angler marine to sell them but they are having hard time selling anything but if you need some more just give me a call
George @ rmd
408-988-1785
rmd

Post by rmd »

Hey Steve all you need to do is tell me what color you want?
George @ RMD
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

I use them as well and have never had one break, even after several fish and several adjustments.

Regardless, it's a good idea to contact the company (I guess Ray).
As with any business there's a chance that he may have switch wire companies or manufacturing site and he/they would want to know of any problems as soon as possible.

If you have the bait they may want to see it to link it back to a supplier.

Just because I'm in manufacturing I've been brainwashed to think this way :-).

Keep using them, there good baits.

Rene Duzac
Jim Moulton

Post by Jim Moulton »

Bring it in to C & C Marine in Modesto I will replace it for free. Jim
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

I use them quite a bit and have never had one break in any weight and I can attribute them to a lot of pigs.
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
Phil

Post by Phil »

NOT SPONSORED HERE, BUT MIGHT TRY BERSERK BAITS LINE OF SPINNERBAITS, JUST A THOUGHT.
jeffmeeks

Post by jeffmeeks »

i have had several break, always just above the line tie, but still love the baits. I only use the bait for a season, then it is a prefish bait or fun fishing bait. They just look awesome in the water!
JRock

Post by JRock »

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

RMD, if you ever had a chance getting anything into Anglers, you could probably kiss that goodbye with that comment. :shock:
rmd

Post by rmd »

Kevin i did not mean it that way i meant with the way things are with everyone is having a hard time trying to make end meet
George @ RMD
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I've thrown Revenge blades since Ray first started, and I buy them. I've only had one break, right behind the line tie, after a ton of fish, and straightening the wire out over and over.
It's a problem that I love to have.
No wire bait is indestructable, unless it's made from titanium wire, and then it's generally so stiff it kills the vibrations from the blades.
At less than $10 each, Revenge are a great value. And they are built to last, and catch fish.
You pays your money, and you takes your choice.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Phil

Post by Phil »

THIS IS MY .02 ONLY. THIS IS THE REASON I PERSONALLY USE TWISTED WIRE ONLY, WITH AN EYE WHERE YOU TIE THE LINE TO.
ugly stick

Post by ugly stick »

I always wrap braid around the line tie on spinnerbaits.
DL

Post by DL »

JRock wrote:Anyone having problems with them breaking? This weekend I had one break after only being struck by its second fish of the day :evil: . I've never used Revenge spinnerbaits before but found their color selection hard to pass up.
JRock, check your PM. I gave you John Barron's phone number. He wants you to call him, he will take care of you...
"Feel the steel"
madtackle

Post by madtackle »

I've only heard of 2 other Revenge spinnerbaits wire breaking and I was a dealer for Revenge. I'm not saying they don't or won't break but it's not common for a Revenge spinnerbait to have the wire break. Ray makes a quality product but stands behind his product even more.

Wire baits are not meant to last a life time but they should last a reasonable amount of time. I can guarantee if you contact Ray he will make it right. If you have problems getting a hold of Ray which I doubt will happen send me a PM or email and I can assist you with contacting Ray.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Yep they're crap :D :D Ray uses the best parts available to him. I don't know anyone that's as goofy about the smallest details. Did you notice the spinnerbait head had nostils?? I got some baits from him once that were "blems". There was a dot of paint inside of the groove that the skirt rubber band slipped into. Once the skirt was on the bait, nothing was visible, but it was a "blem". Did I mention it was about as big as a pin head? I'll fish blems all day. The wire is an isolated incident. Ray will make it good, no problem. He runs a class company with AWESOME products. Wait till you see his newest "creations"........... I probably was not supposed to say anything about those............... I hope I don't have to ring his skinny neck over it :D :D
Gerryjig

Post by Gerryjig »

best spinnerbait out there but I've also had a few of them break in the same spot. Made a suggestion to Ray at the BAT and he said the "new" wire material would prevent breakage...............I just broke another one the other day in Newport Harbor. This is the only problem I've had, they do catch fish better than most all others and breaking one here or there is way worth it to me, just gotta buy more :wink:
Gerryjig OUT!
JRock

Post by JRock »

Thanks to all for the help. My favorite blade was no longer carried by my local tackle shop so I purchased the next best thing that I could find and was thoroughly impressed with Revenge blades. From the feedback I received it sounds like Revenge is a stand up company worth giving a second chance :) .
raymond

Post by raymond »

Had one break today,right at the line tie where it bends over.What sucks is I tied it on for the first time today!!!
Phil

Post by Phil »

I HAVE ONLY 3 DOZEN SPINNERBAITS IN MY BOAT.3/8 OZ TO 11/2 OZ SIZES...AND (2) MANUFACTURERS, REVENGE , BECAUSE I LOVE THE VIBRAION OF THEIR BAITS, AND BERSERK BAITS FOR SPEED , AND STRUCTURE STRENGTH AND IF THE BASS ARE NOT AS FINICKY. (ROCKS, PILINGS, DOCKS).
Ridge_Runner20

Post by Ridge_Runner20 »

bassenvy wrote:It's not uncommon to break blades where the wire meets the lead head...especially if your bangin' rocks. If Revenge doesn't come through for you check out Blade Runner's line. Rick ties most of his blades with atleast .050 musky wire.
+1!!!! If I'm fishing any blade larger than 3/8oz., it will be a Blade Runner bait (the 1oz. baits are awesome for slow-rolling!). But I do love the 3/8oz. Revenge bait for fishing shallow targets, and thus far, I've never had one break. They're both excellent products. :D

RR_20
DL

Post by DL »

Ridge_Runner20 wrote:
bassenvy wrote:It's not uncommon to break blades where the wire meets the lead head...especially if your bangin' rocks. If Revenge doesn't come through for you check out Blade Runner's line. Rick ties most of his blades with atleast .050 musky wire.
+1!!!! If I'm fishing any blade larger than 3/8oz., it will be a Blade Runner bait (the 1oz. baits are awesome for slow-rolling!). But I do love the 3/8oz. Revenge bait for fishing shallow targets, and thus far, I've never had one break. They're both excellent products. :D

RR_20
Have any of you "slow rollers" tried the 1 1/4 oz. Revenge deep runners? If not, I would suggest you start before you get beat by someone who does :D :D These baits are remarkably balanced for such a heavy head, and the blades turn even with the most deliberate retrieve...
"Feel the steel"
Dom

Post by Dom »

Must be just a fluke, Ray makes some awsome baits these are the only blades I throw and his buzzbaits and jigs I use them as well been throwing his stuff from way back in the day VPR (long story,but hence the name REVENGE :wink: )

Stick with them they are excellent baits :D
Tight Lines Dom
DL

Post by DL »

JRock wrote:Image
It may be due to the photo but the picture seems to show two different gauge wires...and doesnt that color bait come with orange painted blades? I understand you can put your own blades on the bait, but the difference in the wire has me stumped...
"Feel the steel"
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

DL wrote:
It may be due to the photo but the picture seems to show two different gauge wires...and doesnt that color bait come with orange painted blades? I understand you can put your own blades on the bait, but the difference in the wire has me stumped...

The shadow of the wire coming out of the bait makes it look thicker.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
DL

Post by DL »

cib11b wrote:
DL wrote:

The shadow of the wire coming out of the bait makes it look thicker.
Ok. thanks for correcting me...cameras add weight, even to thin wire :)
"Feel the steel"
TopH2o

Post by TopH2o »

JRock anytime you are using a.035 spinnerbait you will always run a risk of the bait breaking at the R bend regardless. Such baits like KVD spinnerbaits and others will run .040 wire which will do away with breaking period. Certain cover, weight of bait , and fishing area will dictate wire size. Example you cant use .035 spinnerbait over grass in the brackish water of the Lousianna Delta for several reasons. Theres a lot more to spinnerbaits than most fisherman will ever realize . You just opened the door. Top :idea:
Micropterus salmoides

Post by Micropterus salmoides »

JRock,

Was it the newer design with the black tempered wire or the older one with the silver wire? I haven't had either one break on me, but the newer tempered wire is far more durable. With the older wire bass, especially larger bass, easily bent the wire out, requiring frequent tuning.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Micropterus salmoides wrote:JRock,

With the older wire bass, especially larger bass, easily bent the wire out, requiring frequent tuning.
Now THATS a problem I enjoy having! :wink:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
JRock

Post by JRock »

It was the newer wire as that was one of the features that sold me on the blade.
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

That looks like 2 entirely diffrent baits to me. I had 1 Revenge blade break on me many years ago but the baits have come a long ways since then. Revenge is probably the best spinnerbait hands down that I have ever used. I will say this though, theres a new blade coming to town that will blow everyones mind out of the water. I wont post it here because thats just bad business. If you want PM me and I'll give you the details.
www.xtremeglove.com
www.bpboatcenter.com