Optima Battery Advice

bassrockstar

Optima Battery Advice

Post by bassrockstar »

Was looking for some advice on which Optimas to get. I am buying 2 new ones to run in my 18 foot skeeter. They will be running the TM only. I was at Costco today and saw they had the blue top deep cycles and the yellow top deep cycle combos. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks

Danny Prodoehl
Tony Lain

Re: Optima Battery Advice

Post by Tony Lain »

Blue Tops all the way!! Either 31M or 34M size, I've had both sizes. Both are great, 31M's are bigger and heavier if that is an issue. Optima's web site has great tips and advice on which batteries might be better. I have had Optima Blue Tops in my last two Champion Boats and love them. Good luck!
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
LEN B

Post by LEN B »

http://www.dcbattery.com/optimacatalog.pdf

I replaced all three with the blue top D31M. Don't think Costo has this one
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Tony Lain wrote:Blue Tops all the way!! Either 31M or 34M size, I've had both sizes. Both are great, 31M's are bigger and heavier if that is an issue. Optima's web site has great tips and advice on which batteries might be better. I have had Optima Blue Tops in my last two Champion Boats and love them. Good luck!
don't buy the 34's

get the 27's or 31's
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

macinckirk wrote:
Tony Lain wrote:Blue Tops all the way!! Either 31M or 34M size, I've had both sizes. Both are great, 31M's are bigger and heavier if that is an issue. Optima's web site has great tips and advice on which batteries might be better. I have had Optima Blue Tops in my last two Champion Boats and love them. Good luck!
don't buy the 34's

get the 27's or 31's
I've got walmart specials (group 27's) in rite now and want to change em out to the blue top d27m's or the d31's. Is there a big size difference between the two. Having probs locating the 27's
LEN B

Post by LEN B »

BPS Manteca had them on sale a few weeks ago. Look around. If you follow the link above at the bottom it has the info on the blue tops. The 27 and the 31 are close in size, But the 31 is higher and it is 60#. I have a 92 Ranger and thay fit right in my trays. :)