Doctoring a Frog

crankster123

Doctoring a Frog

Post by crankster123 »

After catching a couple bass on my Snag Proof frog, the frog sinks before I can even twitch it once. There doesen't seem to be any rips, and I'm afraid to plug up the hole where the hook comes out because it will prevent air from going in and out of the frog. any tips?
Life is good today
-Zac Brown Band
DeltaOutdoors

Re: Doctoring a Frog

Post by DeltaOutdoors »

Remove the internal weight they come with now. Just clip it off with some snippers.
Delta Outdoors
1625 Main Street
Oakley, Ca 94561
(925) 234-4694

Hours
Monday-Saturday 6am-6pm
Sunday 6am-12am
bassmaster89

Post by bassmaster89 »

I tried cliping off the internal weight but now the water sits right behind the eyes
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Another thing you could have done prior to extracting the weight would have been to seal the legs and cut a slit on the top of the frog with an exacto for the air to escape from. But now its probably too late, just chalk it up to you cought a few fish on the bait and now its time to retire it.....
Delta is beast

Post by Delta is beast »

i guess bobbys perfect have been doing that lately. mine was sinking with no water in it!!!!!. so i think clipping the nose weight is a necessity. thats what i did. good idea ash i might actually give that a try
dont b a turkey
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

ash wrote:Another thing you could have done prior to extracting the weight would have been to seal the legs and cut a slit on the top of the frog with an exacto for the air to escape from. But now its probably too late, just chalk it up to you cought a few fish on the bait and now its time to retire it.....
That's the ticket, and it's not too late. Seal the hook hole with clear silicone, and put the slit in the top, and you're back to fishing it again.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

mark poulson wrote:
ash wrote:Another thing you could have done prior to extracting the weight would have been to seal the legs and cut a slit on the top of the frog with an exacto for the air to escape from. But now its probably too late, just chalk it up to you cought a few fish on the bait and now its time to retire it.....
That's the ticket, and it's not too late. Seal the hook hole with clear silicone, and put the slit in the top, and you're back to fishing it again.
I must admit, I stole this Idear from Mark :lol: :lol:
Phil

Post by Phil »

Do they make a frog with front legs ????????
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

yes
Phil

Post by Phil »

LIKE THIS ???
[albumimg]881[/albumimg]
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

mark poulson wrote:
+1 I do this to all my frogs.. Works wonderfull. Sometimes after catching lots of fish you mite have to redoo the silicone from time to time.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!