Boat Insurance?

russ@russmeyer1.com

Boat Insurance?

Post by russ@russmeyer1.com »

Can anyone truly recomend a good Insurance co that will cover Boats
Cars and Your home. I need a break I am way unhappy with my Insurance agent which is with Allstate. I like Allstate but hate my agent. I use to have Mike Agusto but he retired. so I need a new agent that is fair and good. Please Help
skandy

Re: Boat Insurance?

Post by skandy »

I have been with West Mar Insurance for 10 years without any problems. Recently I started the insurance dance to try and save a few bucks and found Progressive insurance to be about $80 less than I'm currently paying for my boat, and the coverage is better. I'm making the switch this week. You can get a free quote at www.progressive.com. Progressive couldn't save me any $ on my home or auto policy so I'm sticking with AIS Insurance. They have the best rates compared to all the other major companies.
Good Luck and happy shopping.
basshunter4u

Post by basshunter4u »

call Gayla King at Sawyer & Cook. They took care of me and will take care of you also.
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

I don't know about Sawyer and Cook other than they used to be (maybe still) a board sponsor and heard nothing but good about their customer service. I use progressive because I wanted an agreed value on my boat. I had my first claim last year for transom damage and had no problems as well as a speedy process, they earned an A+ from me. My .02.....
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

The problem is that Progressive does not offer home insurance. They may use a general agency for home, kinda like subcontracting..but they don't do homes. Russ, try taking a look at Allied Insurance from Nationwide. They can take care of your home, auto, boat and whatever else you need covered. They offer a real good multi policy discount...if you do at least your home and auto, you get 20% discount on home and 18% on auto. You will also get a discount on the boat. There may be a couple of insurance carriers that offer a little better boat coverage then Allied, but not too many offer better rates and service in combination then Allied.

Check em out....
skandy

Post by skandy »

I contacted Sawyer & Cook because of their link on this website, but they couldn't beat my current rate.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Let us know how progressive works out when you need to file a claim.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

basshunter4u wrote:call Gayla King at Sawyer & Cook. They took care of me and will take care of you also.
+1

Gayla at Sawyer & Cook took care of my totaled boat quickly and really cleanly.
If you're looking for a good ins. agent, try one of our club members, Nick Langer, of Langer Ins.
He does all types of ins., including boat.

http://www.thelangerinsuranceteam.com/
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Gator

Post by Gator »

Sawyer Cook!! They do my boat and my car......(don't own a house)....and they are great people to deal with!
Phil

Post by Phil »

PROGRESSIVE !
Stretch1

Post by Stretch1 »

hey gator i need you to call me...
Phil

Post by Phil »

ash wrote:Let us know how progressive works out when you need to file a claim.
Actually I was in Rodman Slough once and hit a pipe I guess damaged prop, Progressive replaced the pro no questions asked.

JIGS
G-Ko

Post by G-Ko »

You can give me a call if you would like. As an Independent Agent we can work with over 20 companies to fine the best premiums and coverages for combining your home, auto, and boat insurance. In fact any insurance you need we can assist you with. There have been some good suggestions already, but if you are looking for one more give me a call.

Greg Kosich
Kosich Insurance Agency
925-284-3911
Contact me at Kosich & Callahan Insurance for a free quote for home, auto, boat, or Business Insurance.

GKosich@Kosich.com
925-284-3911
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

I was with Progressive for 5 years and they handled 2 claims for me that were both over 2K. No questions asked they just fixed the boat. The prices were pretty high I thought so I looked around. Heard about 1-800-BASSBOAT on Ultimate Bass. They ended up beating Progressives price by about $300. They are a dealer and set you up with a different company so I have no idea how they will be with a claim. Hoping not to have any more claims! I can't say anything bad about Progressive they just might not be the cheapest out there.

NoCAL
Rbass519

Post by Rbass519 »

Russ, I sent you an e-mail.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

State Farm hands down. I've been with them for over 40 yrs. I had one accident in my truck, 2 home owner claims, and 2 boat claims. They paid off without a hitch and my premium did not increase. Also they give a discount for multiple policies. It still comes down to your agent tho. But I couldn't be happier, and I've checked out others in the past just to keep them on their toes !!!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
FISH2WIN55

Post by FISH2WIN55 »

+1 on state farm.
BFerris