I don't know bout ya'll, but I can't stand it...........

Cooch

I don't know bout ya'll, but I can't stand it...........

Post by Cooch »

I just know them green fish are out there snapping right now and I am gonna grab my rain gear, Big Hammers and go fishin!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the comforts of yer home and/or yer office space, I'm gonna go be miserable! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Last edited by Cooch on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyL

Re: I don't know bout ya'll, but I can't stand it...........

Post by TonyL »

DANG YOU COOCH !!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let us know how you do ! :wink:
~ Tony
Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

Have fun Cooch...Let us know or at least let me know how well you do today.
Shad*Wizard

Post by Shad*Wizard »

or grab your rifle and head for 6N58...Calaveras County...
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

Wish I could go with ya! I am cleaning gutters and pouring up some drop shot weights woo...
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
JJCJR

Post by JJCJR »

You all should live down here in SoCal.

The only water we see is what we are able to finagle out of NorCal or the Colorado River.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Hey Cooch did ya make it back? How'd you do? Man it is NASTY out there I ran a load up to Napa this morning took 12 thru Rio Vista and man the water looked like the Ocean, white caps were huge!

Braver then I am dude I was off work by noon I thought about it for a Split Second :shock: then decided naw go home and chill :D :D :D
Tight Lines Dom
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

3-4ft rollers down Piper and the Hook Shop looks like a Beuch Bobber stopper. Franks is White.

Rich
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
whazup

Post by whazup »

I think (hope) Cooch is joshing. He's too smart to go out in this. Maybe if he stays in Sandmound........
Austen

Post by Austen »

:shock: Cooch, Let us Know How You Did! 8)

Austen
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

whazup wrote:I think (hope) Cooch is joshing. He's too smart to go out in this. Maybe if he stays in Sandmound........
Hehehe... you don't know him very well, do you?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I spoke with him earlier this afternoon, just to check on him, and yes indeed he did go out for a couple of passes. I'll let him share what he wants, but suffice it to say it was screaming out there, so he made a couple of fast passes and then came in. He said, and I quote, "They were SNAPPIN' as I knew they would!!!!"

He should be getting ready to do some kegeling (bowling) right about now.

Roger
Cooch

Conditions, were absolutely......

Post by Cooch »

misserable out there! And that's exactly how I like it! Yet there is something special that goes on within this River when the conditions get like that, especially when that wind is howling from the south!

Now yesterday's conditions are something I wouldn't recommend to anyone who is not completely intimate with this Delta, and one who has the confidence, smarts, is safety conscious and has the courage to trust their skills and ability to withstand the ugliness, being able to manipulate the conditions to your advantage and yer own safety. In other words, ya gotta be an idiot like me! HAR!

It was purty simple really, head to the back of a dead end slough(in my case, the back yard in Sandmound), get on the east bank, drop the T-motor, extend it as deep as it goes(Actually, ya prolly better do this before ya head out versus trying to do it while rocking & rolling down the bank!), put the wind at yer back and start heading north keeping yer boat 20-30 feet off the levee. Chuck and wind yer favorite reaction bait, in my case, it was a 6.5" 138 Phantom Special Big Hammer.

Took me 20 minutes to idle to the back into the teeth of the wind. Once I started fishing, it only took me 15 minutes before I was all the way up at the 5 MPH zone at Emerald Marina! Three solid 4+ chunks made it to the boat, but I prolly had 6-10 swipe and misses too. It wasn't too bad really until I had a fish on. Definately an "E" ticket once yer focus is taken away from boat control for 30-60 seconds while fighting the fish!

Back down I went! That was 3 more black bass that I had caught back there along that stretch, than I've caught there the past 3 months combined! LOL This time thru I tossed my favorite fall jig, a 3/4 oz Rodstrainer, in white, Shim Hair Jig, with a 6" Chartruese Hyper Striper trailer. Very first pitch to the bank I hang into a big bite! Turns out ta be a 14 pound striper. That one put me on the rocks, not good! Frustration setting in as I'm cussing and screamin at the elements and this fish! Once landed, released it and re-aligned onto my course down the bank, I'm grinnin from ear ta ear and the chunk of gell coat that is surely missing on the gunnel is an after thought before I can make my next pitch.

White jig never even hit the bottom on my very next cast, as another chunk 4 pound blackie grabs it. That's more like it, set, 10 winds of the reel and hoist! Catching this fish in mid air by it's lower jaw, I easily remove the jig, toss her back and am on my way in one smooth transaction! I catch a three off a tree, another off a pipe then hit a dead spell until I hit the three rusted poles outside the back end 5 mph zone. Nother striper in the 7 pound class hooks up. I'm a lil more protected in this section and easily land this fish and release it. Stick one more three plus blackie in the deep hole at the point, then go fishless all the way thru the 5 mph zone at Emerald.

I'm exhausted, conditions are really bad and decide I've had enough and am back at the dock by 1:30p. 6 really nice blackies and two big stripers in a lil over an hour of fishing, my craving and hunger ta hook up have been thouroughly fed fer the day!

Spent the next 2.5 hours resecuring the neighbors house boat that broke loose and picking up huge branches that have fallen from the tree out back. Cooch's pets have a new condo! HAR!

I thrive to fish here on days like this! The worse the weather, I know the better the fishing is gonna be out there. But ya gotta know yer limits folks, you MUST have that vest on and a small lanyard rope attached to you and a kleet! Keep no more than one or two rods on the deck, so ya aren't stumbling over them, lessening yer chances of falling over. And it's an excellent idea ya take a buddy with you!!!!!!!!

I'm actually off to go play again this morning, I'll git to venture a lil further away today! LOL
acm95301

Re: Conditions, were absolutely......

Post by acm95301 »

"and picking up huge branches that have fallen from the tree out back. Cooch's pets have a new condo! HAR! "

Your pets wouldn't happen to be of the gilled variety, would they?
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

acm95301 wrote:Your pets wouldn't happen to be of the gilled variety, would they?
Yeah, but they don't have leashes so they keep running away! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger
offduty

Post by offduty »

Cooch
I like your style bro. I'm off to Casitas in the rain, its wet but not nearly as rough.
Rich
Austen

Post by Austen »

I LOVE YOUR STORIES COOCH!!! :D
Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

Cooch you really are a nut case....Have fun out there and once again let us know how you do...Wish I were fishing but can't get out with out money-I'm unemployed again and have been for 5 months. Have not been able to fish the river this year and I really miss it....Tight lines

Bobby
some guy

Post by some guy »

Cooch wrote: I'm grinnin from ear ta ear and the chunk of gell coat that is surely missing on the gunnel is an after thought before I can make my next pitch.
Tis merely a flesh wound.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Dom

Post by Dom »

Dang Cooch now I wish I had went, now I know and next time im there this is only a summer thru fall thing though right once that water temp drops no more? and when is tis great fall bite gonna turn on ? when they moving up? I cuaght some fish but nothing like the years before is it over or just late or did I just miss it? :shock:
Tight Lines Dom
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Dom wrote:Dang Cooch now I wish I had went, now I know and next time im there this is only a summer thru fall thing though right once that water temp drops no more? and when is tis great fall bite gonna turn on ? when they moving up? I cuaght some fish but nothing like the years before is it over or just late or did I just miss it? :shock:
The windy thing Dom is year round here. It can be particularly much better from October thru March though! The fish are up already, I got into four different schools of blackies today in Frank's Tract. I had to cover a ton of water befor stumbling onto them. After the 2nd group, I had a purty good idea of what they were keying on and the final and 3rd stops, were spot on in my area selection.

It's time to git out of that summer box here and start thinkin Shad forage! There will be a detailed article in the next issue of BassWest magazine discussing some of my thought processes and tactics on the River in the fall and early winter. The past two weeks, I've been out every day chasin stripers. During these trips, and both Tuna & sTony can atest as they have come out and played with me several times, we've stumbled onto several really nice blackies while fishing for stripers,we just have not put the full effort into chasing the blacks. It's already happening, the lipless, jerkbaits, paddle tails, Shad Punkers and Hair raisers in white & chartruese are catching fish!

With my recent lay off from work, I'm open for guide trips now 7 days a week. The time has come to fish full time.
biteme

Post by biteme »

With my recent lay off from work, I'm open for guide trips now 7 days a week. The time has come to fish full time.
Figures now Im broke!lol
Rydaddy

Post by Rydaddy »

That is great I fish out of the pittsburg area and am very into fishing in the rain but with little wind due to the area I am fishing My best days on the water have come on stormy days by far i have catched blacks and stripers in the teens in the broadslough area and browns island time on the water is huge out here and finding them and breaking down what they exactly are eating I have seen fish come up to my boat with the low light conditions and fight over the bait @ the boat thats when you got the right bait I am out every week end this time of year I hope broadslough area is not that muddy if is so big chrome traps our the pearl hammer fish on thats how you do it get out there and make it happen be safe no fish is worth swiming for our die n
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

I just got back from the Delta, hoping for a little weather too. But I found a cloudy, muggy, calm day instead...caught 5 fish all 2 lbs or under.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.