Bassindon, this could help you or other sellers

XMAN

Bassindon, this could help you or other sellers

Post by XMAN »

I am writing this post with a bit of hesitation, as i am using my own personal thoughts on due diligence homework--i am in no way degrading your boat or motor or any one elses--i will explain what i look for in a used boat--since you are having problems selling or getting at least a look, i wondered why--first, im looking for a killer deal, others will atest to this one--then when it comes up on the radar i will go to NADA and use only the boat and motor price only, low to ave price--im not to concerned with the extras, some may say this is not a fair way to price things, but its MY WAY--i can add or subtract if needed, as i have the cash--most if not all boats right now are so over priced, people wonder why they aint selling--atleast by my perameters, and who am i you say, again, the man with the cash--your boat is NADA priced at between 4200 and 4750--your at 6k--you say the motor needs a tune-up, thats a big red flag to me, you may the most honest person out there, but you may want to get a dealer fix-up and ok or print-out to go with your price--i see it is a ficht motor which homework says it maybe problem prone--yours may be the one that is not, and i hope that is the case--the motor price on NADA is about $2100, which leaves the boat at say $2600, can you take the hit is the question--if its priced right it will sell, no calls no sell, its that easy--think about what a dealer will give ya, [well maybe not] and maybe add alittle--if a sellers price is no where near ave price, i dont even look, to many boats out there and with this new yammie coming out, you could see alot more if it pans out good, thats another post altogether--i sold a 79 ranger 8 years ago with a 2 inch cracked transom, a 115 merc that had a cylinder going, a trailer that was so-so and a guy came 100 miles away and bought it for 600 bucks, not for the boat, motor and trailer but for the registration paper so he could fish a tounament, ranger owner tourneys for the extra bucks--that practice no longer goes as i think your boat cant be over 5 years old for those, i think--well it sold and is now in somebodys back yard--don, i hope you sell at the price you want and is fair--you could try this, maybe not the most ethical, under price your boat to see where you get calls, go fishing abit--you'll know soon enough when your phone doesn't stop ringing, then hesitate on selling, like i say not the most ethical way to sell but is used often to figure the market----good luck----XMAN
DL

Re: Bassindon, this could help you or other sellers

Post by DL »

XMAN wrote:you could try this, maybe not the most ethical, under price your boat to see where you get calls, go fishing abit--you'll know soon enough when your phone doesn't stop ringing, then hesitate on selling, like i say not the most ethical way to sell but is used often to figure the market----good luck----XMAN
Ethical or not...buyers are trying to get boats as cheap as possible, and sellers are trying to get as much as they can.

It works both ways...
"Feel the steel"
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

If that FICHT hasnt seen the service shop yet for powerhead issues then more then likley its fine, and the only risk there would be the risk of ANY used motor.
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

If I remember correctly Don was asking $8,000 for the Boat, motor, trailer and alot of fishing gear. It sounded like a great deal. I am very surprized if nobody called to at least look at it. Good Luck Don.