FLW STINKS TO HI HEAVENS FOR GOING OUT OF STOCKTON !

Guy Kelley

FLW STINKS TO HI HEAVENS FOR GOING OUT OF STOCKTON !

Post by Guy Kelley »

First, I don't fish FLW so I nave no axe to grind, so this just an opinion from a bass fisherman period.

After several years of watching the FLW & Stren tournaments launching from Franks tract and the Marinas making major concessions to upgrade and improve there facilities to aid in Keeping FLW and its fishermen happy. I thought all was right with the world. Man was i a sucker !

Now I understand it's all about the money and how much Stockton was willing to pay to get FLW back.

Am I wrong here ? I am willing to take my licks on a open forum, but it seems to me when you have Cities willing to pony up bucket loads of cash to draw in tournaments to facilities that in my book don't equal what we have in the central delta. so the local chamber can reap the benefits, that just plane ol sucks !

So is FLW all about the sport and the fishermen or all about the money and big business. I ll let you decide.
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
bigbass111

Re: FLW STINKS TO HI HEAVENS FOR GOING OUT OF STOCKTON !

Post by bigbass111 »

Easy..Money and buisness...But when in Buisness, Money is the goal...It is unfourtunate that ethics has no role..
Brian

Post by Brian »

Whats wrong with Stockton......... it's only a 25 min idle from launch to blast off....... :roll: FLW = Idiots..........
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

we'll see how it works out for the Chamber.....i for one wont stay in stockton, especially with a boat. i used to go to Stockton for a BMX national every year. every year people would get beat up /chased down for their bikes. im talking 5 guys chasing one kid down on a bike. the police said if you leave the gates of the arena your on your own. Gun shots at night, ghetto birds all night long. Worst city in America for a reason. im sure theres nice parts but none that i saw. The nationals went their every year for a reason, and it wasnt for the scenery.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
GW

Post by GW »

Welcome to Stockton.

Signed:

Gangs, Drug Dealers, Shootings and Theft.

Where do you think the FLW Staff is staying? Hopefully downtown so they can get a real flavor for the place.
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

YA IT DOES SUCK.... I LOVE RUSSOS... THEY ALWAYS TREAT US FISHERMAN WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT.....

AND THEN THE SAFETY THING EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT.....

THE LONG IDLE....

THE MAIN CHANNEL RUN IN JUNE.....

THERE ARE ALL KIND OF THINGS TO TALK ABOUT....

MY OPINION

"""JUST GO FISHIN""""
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
calfisher71

Re: FLW STINKS TO HI HEAVENS FOR GOING OUT OF STOCKTON !*NM*

Post by calfisher71 »

*NM*
Last edited by calfisher71 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
Brian

Post by Brian »

Stockton didnt pay them a dime to move there. They did it to try and recruit more people for the Guard. I dont think any of the little gang banger oxygen thiefs are going to sign up.............

-John Wayne[/color]
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Well at least they won't be feeding the seals with all the fish :roll: Most of the hotes are in Antich which is quickly becomeing the New Stockton. Go ride your bike in the nice Deer Valley area and see how long it is before you have company. No wonder I live in the sticks. I am sure Stockton shelled out some cash.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Brian

Post by Brian »

Johnny C wrote: I am sure Stockton shelled out some cash.
Very reliable sources say NO!

-John Wayne[/color]
ASD

Post by ASD »

Ok no cash.

But what about FREE stuff?

Free use of the park / ramp and adds in papers rooms and so on.

Post by Guest »

First, I don't fish FLW so I nave no axe to grind, so this just an opinion from a bass fisherman period.
Guy,

If you don't fish FLW then your opinion doesn't count and is falling on deaf ears. Same goes for anyone else who wants to talk down about FLW. If you don't fish the circuit then please keep the comments to yourself. Those of us who do fish the circuit are looking forward to the event no matter where it goes out of. This circuit only exists due to the sponsors. In the end they have to feel that they are getting something out of the sponsorship deal otherwise they will pull their money. We all know the National Guard needs to justify the investment by gaining new recruits. If nobody signs up then they can't justify their investment dollars.

Thank you.

Vince Borrego
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Vince Borrego wrote:
If you don't fish FLW then your opinion doesn't count

Vince Borrego
WRONG! If your loyal to Russo's and want to support them, Then your opinion DOES count.......... Try again.

-John Wayne[/color]
Brian

Post by Brian »

Vince Borrego wrote: Those of us who do fish the circuit are looking forward to the event no matter where is goes out of.

Vince Borrego
Oh, and WRONG again, I do know alot of the guys that ARE fishing it, They are extreamly pissed off........... So just speak for yourself when you say they are happy......

-John Wayne[/color]

Post by Guest »

Brian wrote:
Vince Borrego wrote:
If you don't fish FLW then your opinion doesn't count

Vince Borrego
WRONG! If your loyal to Russo's and want to support them, Then your opinion DOES count.......... Try again.
Brian,

Are you fishing the event as a confirmed coangler or Pro?
ckraft

Post by ckraft »

I think your right Vince if you dont fish flw your opinion doesnt matter your are just running your mouth to stir the pot. Me i am thinking about fishing it because i know the east side of the delta better than the west side and i think it makes it a more even playing field.
Last edited by ckraft on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

I think both of you have good points. But he has every right to his own opinion. And it doesn't matter whether he fishes or not, its his opinion. If the old Marina has gone up and above other places to make FLW at home (Trailer storage, etc) then shame on FLW in some ways....
Brian

Post by Brian »

Vince Borrego wrote:
Brian,

What the hell does that matter?

-John Wayne[/color]
ckraft

Post by ckraft »

No one is saying russos didnt due a great job for flw or the guys who fished but they have a interest to. And i never liked driving out to that island no restraunts no hotels and a long drive back to antioch.
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

So your opinion is you dont like the food or driving. Why tell him his doesn't count, just because he's not fishing. They are simply saying FLW should go back and support who has been supporting them..
Brian

Post by Brian »

ckraft wrote:I think your right Vince if you dont fish flw your opinion doesnt matter your are just running your mouth to stir the pot. Me i am thinking about fishing it because i know the east side of the delta better than the west side and i think it makes it a more even playing field.
So by that logic, If I'm watching the football game today and I dont like one of the plays the coach sends in, I shouldnt have an opinion on that because I'm not on the team? Read my sig, its for statements like yours and vinces

-John Wayne[/color]
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

bigbass111 wrote:So your opinion is you dont like the food or driving. Why tell him his doesn't count, just because he's not fishing. They are simply saying FLW should go back and support who has been supporting them..
Isn't that what they are doing by going where the NG wants them to go? Without the National Guard there is no Series on the west coast!
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

Brian wrote:
Vince Borrego wrote:
Brian,

What the hell does that matter?
It doesn't matter Brian!!!!!

You have to understand that Vince is a bible-thumping FLW supporter in the face of what was a monumentally stupid move!!!

Stockton doesn't deserve a damn economic thing until they can clean up their own city. I can guarentee that someone if not more than a few will be ripped off while there and the police will tell them there is nothing they can do short of catching the idiots in the act. The arena downtown is a great venue for a big show, but outside of that, like was said earlier, once you leave that secure environment...YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!!!!!!

Russo's worked to keep and maintain the relationship with they had with FLW. For FLW to say thanks for the memories, but we're leaving you behind is stupid. Russo's is know as "Delta-central" for a reason.

FLW has been full of great ideas this year that are sure to leave them the option of leaving the west entirely next year when they come to the conclusion that we aren't supporting them at the level they think we should. FLW is using the same mentality and playbook that BASS used the year before they split and look how well that worked out for the western guys.

Plain and simple....FLW sucks and I did not renew my membership this year because of their retarded decisions!!!
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hollywood wrote:
bigbass111 wrote:So your opinion is you dont like the food or driving. Why tell him his doesn't count, just because he's not fishing. They are simply saying FLW should go back and support who has been supporting them..
Isn't that what they are doing by going where the NG wants them to go? Without the National Guard there is no Series on the west coast!
The guy that wanted the FLW to move is also no longer there..... retired............

-John Wayne[/color]
ckraft

Post by ckraft »

obviously you know nothing about business it will draw the same amount of boats and flw and the national guard will benefit from there exposure.
Marty

Post by Marty »

I too, also understand the business side of things and FLW’s decision is hurting my community. We have our Fishing Stores, Hotels, Restaurant, Marines, and Launch facilities that will lose business and that hurt’s my community – that hurts me and my friends! Quite frankly that is not better for our sport to bite the hand that supported them when they were getting started here. This is not only happening to my community but it also happened at Clear Lake, another strong support when they were getting started.

I’m old school – you go home with the girl you took to the dance, I don’t care if she is ugly one!

FLW did not even give Ladd’s a chance which support our sport – tell me where Stockton goes our of there way to support our sport?

This attitude of kissing their @ss for they will keep coming back just to screw us is be on me. They come because they can make money – period. They pick an area where BASS is not coming for then can build their market share! But this decision is wrong and you out there know it is - they made a wrong decision. They don’t come because we support them, proven by they just dump on my community and Clear Lake that did supported them! So you can go on kissing their @ss but they lost my support until they chance their mind to come back to my community and Clean Lake – that is my business decision.

I will support the originations that support my community – WON BASS, Anglers Choice, California Bass Championships, and West Coast Bass.
Brian

Post by Brian »

ckraft wrote:obviously you know nothing about business it will draw the same amount of boats and flw and the national guard will benefit from there exposure.
So I guess its good business to piss off your clients........ :roll:

-John Wayne[/color]
ckraft

Post by ckraft »

hey scott flw was vary happy with the 140 boat field at shasta......
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Marty wrote:I too, also understand the business side of things and FLW’s decision is hurting my community. We have our Fishing Stores, Hotels, Restaurant, Marines, and Launch facilities that will lose business and that hurt’s my community – that hurts me and my friends! Quite frankly that is not better for our sport to bite the hand that supported them when they were getting started here. This is not only happening to my community but it also happened at Clear Lake, another strong support when they were getting started.

I’m old school – you go home with the girl you took to the dance, I don’t care if she is ugly one!

FLW did not even give Ladd’s a chance which support our sport – tell me where Stockton goes our of there way to support our sport?

This attitude of kissing their @ss for they will keep coming back just to screw us is be on me. They come because they can make money – period. They pick an area where BASS is not coming for then can build their market share! But this decision is wrong and you out there know it is - they made a wrong decision. They don’t come because we support them, proven by they just dump on my community and Clear Lake that did supported them! So you can go on kissing their @ss but they lost my support until they chance their mind to come back to my community and Clean Lake – that is my business decision.

I will support the originations that support my community – WON BASS, Anglers Choice, California Bass Championships, and West Coast Bass.
Marty,

It is the NG Series, not the Nor Cal Series! Why did they have to return to CL this year? Who says its not in the works for 2011 if we have a series? Why do they owe it to your community to go back to CL in 2010?

Many anglers like going to different venues, especially lakes that haven't been on the schedules before.

B.A.S.S. and FLW have always went out of Tri-Cities when they were going to the Columbia River, where were all the complaints last year when they went out of Oregon? Same river system, different area.

Did FLW owe it to Tri-Cities to go out of there too?

It's business and going where your sponsors who are paying the bills wants you to go is a no brainier!

I for one could really care less which ramp we are using.

And if your so concerned with your community, why are you not heading up an action group to get FLW back in 2011. Find out what they and the NG need for them to be back in 2011? What does it cost? Support a solution rather than just complain about it?
Last edited by Hollywood on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Marty wrote:

Hey, you forgot ABA :evil:

-John Wayne[/color]
ASD

Post by ASD »

Brian wrote:
Marty wrote:

Hey, you forgot ABA :evil:
And

FPT :D
GW

Post by GW »

You think they will use the a Stockton Wal Mart for the final weigh in? The only one that comes to mind is the one near March and 99. They better get a big electric fence and tons of security.....
ckraft

Post by ckraft »

wallmart is no longer there sponsor.
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

They will have it by the ballpark where the B.A.S.S. ones were and I will go watch since I won't need to where a kidney belt like you need to when you drive HWY. 4 through the Delta. :D
Mike

Post by Mike »

ckraft wrote:obviously you know nothing about business it will draw the same amount of boats and flw and the national guard will benefit from there exposure.

It will NOT draw MY boat! And I know a few others that are loyal to Chuck and Russo's Marina. They do more for local Bass fishing than ANY other Marina on the Delta. I was looking forward to this tourney too. But moving the tourney to the Extreme end of the Delta so we have to run 40, 50, 60 miles to where we want to fish in the middle of June when it is going to be a zoo out there is too much for me. Bad move in my opinion!! I am OUT!
OG on WB since 1993
Marty

Post by Marty »

First Wood, how did you like fishing with Jesse on day one at Shasta? He is a good stick!

I’m not complain as in crying – I’m complaining as this post is part of the solution and building a action group on WB – you don’t think FLW don’t read these posts?
Your are correct in say that FLW did not have to return to Clear Lake but also I don’t have to return either until they chance their mind. If by posting and make a few other anglers think the same way - may change their mind to revere their decision – that is the purpose for my posting.

I don’t know if Tri-Cities had any complaints but there is quite a few here and we are voicing them. Do I wish them bad luck, No. But I do hope they do suffer because of their decision and change their mind. It is not personal it is business – FLW has their supporters and I have the business that I support – that is how it works. I was hoping that Shasta had a 150 boat field – Yes. Am I hoping Mead and Roosevelt have a 150 boat field – Yes. But when they get to the Delta, I hoping they fall on their face! Why, because I want them to change their mind.

Don’t take it personal, it is just business!
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

I want to thank everyone on behalf of myself and Chuck at Russo's for the support. We have had calls from many and there are many of you that are not fishing FLW because they are going out of Stockton.
With the economy being what it is it is goining hurt us and all the local businesses that have participated in last few years.
The National Guard is FLW's largest sponsor so putting it bluntly they do and tell FLW what they want.

Chuck and I have been told it was not FLW's decission to go out of Stocton. I was at the DFG when they pulled the permits and they did pull them for Russo's.
The decission was made by Sarge with the National Guard. I have been raising the money to bring FLW to Oakley and Russo's for the past 4 years. To my knowledge Stockton did not pay them a dime.
We have been staying in touch with them and we hope if they come back next year they will come back to Russo's.
Again thanks for your support and Chuck and I will always be there to help.
Gene Buchholz
Hook Line & Sinker

Here's a thought

Post by Guest »

Here's a thought...

Instead of sitting here stirring the pot over how FLW is not going out of Russo's this year at the request of the title sponsor, why not run your own tournament to compete with FLW instead?

What's stopping any of you from putting your money where your mouth is by running a 3-4 day event out of Russo's? Mimic the FLW event in every way, shape and form from the rules, payout style, off limits, maximum number of boats, etc. Try to do all this without a major sponsor like the National Guard for just 1 event. Heck maybe you can have Russo's & the Hook be your title sponsor.

If you really want to make an impact by supporting your community then why not put some actual effort into bringing anglers from the entire West Coast for a multiday tournament just like FLW. There's nothing stopping you from running 2 tournaments so that you have both a Delta event and a Clear Lake event.

Who's the first person here that will take the reigns and run your own tournament? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

If you don't like the decisions then create your own tournament to support your community. I believe FLW not having a West Coast springtime event has left plenty of opportunities for someone else to step in and have a big money tournament during that time frame. You just have to think of this as an opportunity for a competing organization to step up and fill the void rather than cry over split milk.
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

*NM*
Last edited by calfisher71 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
Brian

Re: Here's a thought

Post by Brian »

Vince Borrego wrote:Here's a thought...
Here's a better thought, why dont you shut up and keep your opinions to yourself like your telling everyone else to?

-John Wayne[/color]
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Gene Buchholz wrote:I want to thank everyone on behalf of myself and Chuck at Russo's for the support. We have had calls from many and there are many of you that are not fishing FLW because they are going out of Stockton.
With the economy being what it is it is goining hurt us and all the local businesses that have participated in last few years.
The National Guard is FLW's largest sponsor so putting it bluntly they do and tell FLW what they want.

Chuck and I have been told it was not FLW's decission to go out of Stocton. I was at the DFG when they pulled the permits and they did pull them for Russo's.
The decission was made by Sarge with the National Guard. I have been raising the money to bring FLW to Oakley and Russo's for the past 4 years. To my knowledge Stockton did not pay them a dime.
We have been staying in touch with them and we hope if they come back next year they will come back to Russo's.
Again thanks for your support and Chuck and I will always be there to help.
Gene Buchholz
Hook Line & Sinker
Thanks for clearing that up Gene..You are first class as always
BassCatPuma

Post by BassCatPuma »

This is the reason the west can not keep a major circuit out here. None of you that are complaining would ever make it back east because they don't go to the same venues every year. It is a business decision the is imposed by the sponsors. If your sponsors are not happy the you will not have a sponsor. I have nothing against Chuck or Gene but you can not tell me they did not make good money when the tournaments where there along with the rest of the community. It is not FLW's responsibilty to take care of the economy in a certain community. As far as being worried about staying in Stockton well do some research and stay in the better parts of town. I have seen problems at every venue we have fished. So the bottom line is you can support them and go along with the program or you can whine some more when they are gone.

Tim
www.basscat.com
www.mossdale-boats.com
www.purefishing.com
www.nosweatmist.com
www.rodwraps.com
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Kevin Stewart

Post by Kevin Stewart »

OMG!!!!!!

I'm in no matter where it's going out of. No offense to Gene or Chuck but it is what it is. Not looking forward to Mead but again it is what it is and I will make the best out it.

Kevin Stewart
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

ckraft wrote:hey scott flw was vary happy with the 140 boat field at shasta......

Craig they should be happy with 140, that is going to be their best draw this season.

Mead, Roosevelt and the Delta will be about the same.

FLW came to California filling 200 boat fields easily in their frist two years. Along comes a bad economy and in FLW's infinite wisdom they saw fit to eliminate a circuit that 80% of their anglers could afford....The Strens.

So now the western guys were left with the NG series at an affordable $2000 entry... :roll:

140 boats Craig could have easily been a full field even in this economy. Wait to you see this forum if anyone we know gets there equipment stolen, robbed or worse injured because of having to launch out of Stockton.
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
Phil

Post by Phil »

Coming from behind on all this talk. Question. I don't fish the Delta hardly ever anyway. I heard that Ladd's has security gate and fence. Is it not good to launch there to fish the Delta say for a day, as it is the closest to me to drive to ?

Thanks
Phil
JT-Madera

Post by JT-Madera »

Blah,blah,blah,blah...it's still going out of Stockton blah,blah,blah
For years it went out of Stockton and there was sledom a problem of any kind, Ladds went out of their way and rebuilt the launch facility and it is the best on the delta.. it beats Big Break AND Russo's in quality and design.. you can launch at Ladd,s and run down to the park where the tournament is going out of..no big deal..if you don't like the change then stay home..you know that is the same advice Gene gave me when I complained about the move to Big Break. Stay home and see if that makes any difference, thats just dumb talk..I know because I said the same thing when they made the last change and I was dumb then.. the only one I hurt was myself..

Gene at the Hook and the guys at Russo's have gone out of their way to put on a good tournament and upgrade that place and they increased their profit..as they should..but to me, I for one would rather go out of Stockton. Going to Russo's adds another hour to my commute and more stress trying to find a good place to stay for a reasonable price.. Antioch isn't any safer than Stockton. I remember when the switch was made to Big Break and then to Russo's I heard the same bellyache crude you guys are spreading... grow up... get over it and move on.. I'm certain that FLW wasn't happy about the move either, but they made the switch because they had to...

Maybe someone here wants to put up the $1,000,000 that NG puts up to have their name on the circuit, then you can have it go out of where you want. But all this negitiveness about FLW doesn't help them want to stay here. So keep running your mouths and you will run FLW away like you did BASS and that will give you even more things to complain about...

Lets see, after you get rid of FLW, you could start on Anglers Choice, oh wait you already started complaining about them.....okay, okay I know, start complaining about WON BASS, oh no you already complain about them...lets all go after Western Bass..no,no you complain about them too.......hmmmm maybe we need a new guy to complain about.......................okay I really got it...lets kill California Bass Champions..then we could all stay home... and P.E.T.A. wins it all......you numbskulls.

JT
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

JT-Madera wrote:Blah,blah,blah,blah...it's still going out of Stockton blah,blah,blah
For years it went out of Stockton and there was sledom a problem of any kind, Ladds went out of their way and rebuilt the launch facility and it is the best on the delta.. it beats Big Break AND Russo's in quality and design.. you can launch at Ladd,s and run down to the park where the tournament is going out of..no big deal..if you don't like the change then stay home..you know that is the same advice Gene gave me when I complained about the move to Big Break. Stay home and see if that makes any difference, thats just dumb talk..I know because I said the same thing when they made the last change and I was dumb then.. the only one I hurt was myself..

Gene at the Hook and the guys at Russo's have gone out of their way to put on a good tournament and upgrade that place and they increased their profit..as they should..but to me, I for one would rather go out of Stockton. Going to Russo's adds another hour to my commute and more stress trying to find a good place to stay for a reasonable price.. Antioch isn't any safer than Stockton. I remember when the switch was made to Big Break and then to Russo's I heard the same bellyache crude you guys are spreading... grow up... get over it and move on.. I'm certain that FLW wasn't happy about the move either, but they made the switch because they had to...

Maybe someone here wants to put up the $1,000,000 that NG puts up to have their name on the circuit, then you can have it go out of where you want. But all this negitiveness about FLW doesn't help them want to stay here. So keep running your mouths and you will run FLW away like you did BASS and that will give you even more things to complain about...

Lets see, after you get rid of FLW, you could start on Anglers Choice, oh wait you already started complaining about them.....okay, okay I know, start complaining about WON BASS, oh no you already complain about them...lets all go after Western Bass..no,no you complain about them too.......hmmmm maybe we need a new guy to complain about.......................okay I really got it...lets kill California Bass Champions..then we could all stay home... and P.E.T.A. wins it all......you numbskulls.

JT

+1

Just shutup and fish! Holy crap! I've never heard or seen a bigger bunch of whiners in my life.

If you guys can't understand that it is ALL about the dollar, then there's no help for you. It sucks that that is the way that it is, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS!

Either SHUTUP or DO something about it.

Too much complaining, TOO LITTLE ACTION.

Andy
ckraft

Post by ckraft »

Hey scott you maybe be right but i am just tryin to fish as many tournaments i can before the end of the world in 2012 and i live in reddding so the shorter commute adds more quality time fishing to my life.If something ends up getting vandalizied or stolen well i guess i will just have to get a hold of state farm. That reminds my insurance is due.
Last edited by ckraft on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil

WHAT

Post by Phil »

ckraft wrote:Hey scott you maybe be right but i am just tryin to fish as many tournaments i can before the end of the world in 2012 and i live in reddding so the shorter commute adds more quality time fishing to my life.
before the end of the world in 2012
WHAT ?????????????????