Re: Erick Prado's Blood Drive....Please Help

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Bump+1
I came , I saw, I Cleaned and Dried.
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

TTT
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

Many of you may not know him but if you can please help.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Mike

Post by Mike »

Anyone and everyone in the area PLEASE go down and help a Brother out.
OG on WB since 1993
TAP25

Post by TAP25 »

Mike wrote:Anyone and everyone in the area PLEASE go down and help a Brother out.
+1
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Bump...............
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Dan P

Post by Dan P »

Bump
[img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t85/dp105532/photo2-1.jpg[/img]
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

wish i could, but im on a cancer medication... and im sure they would not accept any blood from me... good luck, come on guys help a brother out.....
Jeff Huth

Post by Jeff Huth »

Erick's a first class guy and truly loves our sport, we all need to do what's possible to help this guy out, he is one of the "good guys" we need in this sport.
Our prayers are with ya buddy,
Get better soon,
Jeff Huth
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Great News, Erick has come home for now, but we still need the blood to replace what Erick has used and will be using. Please make an appointment today.
Thanks
John
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

AWESOME - welcome home Darkman!!! Follow the doctor's orders and get yourself back out on the water soon buddy!

Roger
hippie

Post by hippie »

sweet thanks for keeping us up to date with his status john
Lomawolf

Post by Lomawolf »

Anybody setting up carpools to UCLA for the blood drive? I thought it would be good to get a big group together. Oh by the way check out this video from UCLA. Take 15 minutes to watch “No Greater Loveâ€
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Bump it up!
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

I talked with Erick just a few minutes yesterday, He is happy to be home. Tired and sleepy still, but happy to be out.
But please, lets not relax on this. We still need blood donations to replace the blood Erick used and will use in the future.
Thank you all for helping out.

John
Lomawolf

Post by Lomawolf »

WOW!! I thought the tall tales only came when anglers talked about the size of their fish. All of you talk about helping Erick and doing something to support this GREAT guy and his Family. We did a lot work and handed you an opportunity on a silver platter and NO ONE has stepped up!!! Good Job everyone!!!
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Nice, way to slam people without knowing everyone's business Lomawolf!

Just so you know, this is when I donated my blood last. February 14th 2010 for one of my hero's in life- Tristen Crouser.

In 2006, when most 2 year olds are exploring new
things and playing, Tristen Crouser began this 3-year
battle with Acute Lymphonic Leukemia. While Tristen
has had many ups and downs since his diagnosis, he
continues to fight this disease with strength and courage.
Tristen loves animals and hopes to become a veterinarian
when he grows up.
Let’s join together so that Tristen can lead a happy,
healthy life and realize his childhood dreams.

For more info on Tristen go to- http://kisses4tristen.homestead.com/

When I'm able to donate again, 6 weeks I'll be going down to UCLA to help another great guy, Erick Prado!! I'm sure others are making plans too!!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Steve Eheler

Post by Steve Eheler »

I live up in bay area i'd be happy to donate. i am quit a distance from UCLA. is there a way we can donate here in Eric's NAme.
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

you can donate in his name up there if you like. I seem to remember Chud Younce telling me that.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com

offduty

Post by offduty »

Can someone find out if he has a code so blood donated anywhere can be credited to him. I have a friend who's daughter has been in need of blood and when we donate we give her code so she gets credit for it.

Rich
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

Younce should have that.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com

Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

We did not recieve any code from UCLA. I think the Red Cross does that, but the Red Cross was difficult to keep in touch with so we set this up through UCLA. Since many of you may live in the Bay area or a place where it is just not fesible to come to UCLA, I would suggest donating at a hosiptal in your local area in honor of Erick. It will not go to Erick, but it is the thought that counts and it will be helping someone (Always a positive)and if you have some one take a picture on your cell and send to me, it will show Erick that you stepped up and helped. What we are doing now is trying to replace the blod Erick has used and maybe get some on the books for him later. The people in this area if they go to UCLA to donate , that blood will be credited to Erick, and thats why we picked UCLA to have it. Whatever anybody can do is great, and if you can't thats ok too. Giving blood is a very good way of helping your fellow man.

Yoz
offduty

Post by offduty »

So how about an address and a little direction as to where in the building. I have not been there since the eighties but do remember it is a big place. I can stop by on a monday on my way from Riverside to Oak View.
Rich
Lomawolf

Post by Lomawolf »

The phone number and the address is on the flyer at the top of the thread. Better you make the phone call and get first hand information rather than second or third. I believe the donation center is on the second floor but call first. Thanks for stepping up!!
offduty

Post by offduty »

Thanks, sorry I missed the already posted info. I will hit it on the way home from work as much as possible. let us know when he has enough as it is a bit out of the way. I got no problem helping a brother out but never look forward to going to L.A. Traffic usually is a drag.
Rich
Lomawolf

Post by Lomawolf »

Heres is the link for the donor registry. What Erick and others like him really need are organs. This is a way to help even after you have moved on to the great fishing spots in the sky Talk to your family and become an organ donor today. You don't even have to leave the house. Do it from your computer or smartphone!!http://www.dmv.ca.gov/about/donateLife/donateLife.htm
offduty

Post by offduty »

Been an organ donor for a long time as well as plasma, platelets and marrow. I would have thought that someone would have needed my marrow but 15 years and nothing.

Everyone should do blood it is easy and the right thing to do. If you want to do platelets that takes a while because they have to extract it from your blood and put the other stuff back in. Good thing is they have those cool dentist chairs and fuzzy warm blankets and you get to choose a movie and then get cookies and juice. Heck if you do it right they can get enough for 2 people just have them run the machine longer and use a bigger needle.
Rich
hippie

Post by hippie »

Dude talk about PLASMA. thats how id get my drinking money when i was in the military. every tues. and thurs. for 2 years in kansas. tues. night 1 schooners. thurs. night 150 pitchers. dam remembering the good ole days free food and a big room with a bunk bed, and kansas state right down the street.
some guy

Post by some guy »

I wish I could help. Ive had too many recent tats I guess. :roll: My bloods no good there.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Lomawolf

Post by Lomawolf »

Rich. RIGHT ON. Erick is also using platelets. According to the folks at UCLA, the platelets have a very short shelf life. They say the platelets have about a five day shelf and it takes 2-3 days to do the tests on them before they can be given to a patient. Not leaving a long time for them to be used. Keep on given and as you said its easy and its something most people can do!!
Lomawolf

Post by Lomawolf »

Rumor has it Erick is back in the hospital again. Went in over the weekend. I believe it's problems with his kidneys and low blood count. I will try and get John to get an official update.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

I Saw and spoke to Eric at Bass Pro Shops this past weekend. If hes back in the hospital, it is news to me.

Although he looked and felt very weak, he was happy to be out at Bass pro with his family getting some fresh air enjoying the day with his family...

Pete 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Erick was back at the hospital Monday night. His red blood count was low and his kidneys are acting up again. I do not know where he is at the moment as I am getting my information thru his wife and she is very busy at the moment. He was in AV (Antelope Valley) hospital monday night and they were trying to figure out if they were going to send him to UCLA again or not. I will pass on info as I get it. In saying all of that, Erick got another transfusion Monday and is going to need more. We need people to help resupply the blood he is using.....Please if you have a moment, call and make an appointment.
Thank you to all who have donated so far and thank you for those who have responded Thank you as well.
Hippie, I remember the ol military days and what we did for beer money to.....fun times and helping people.
Positive thoughts and prayers
Thanks
Yoz
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Damn, not good news! Hang in there Erick. About 3 weeks or so before I'm able to donate again. Hope a donor is found before too long!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

He has moved back up the list (Thank god). I just was in contact with Cathy Prado. Ericks liver is failing in a bad way now and the doctors have kicked up the search again. Please say some prayers and send positive thoughts towards Erick and his family.

Thank you
Yoz
offduty

Post by offduty »

I'm heading down tomorrow morning to donate blood for Erick. Fortunately our training chief who has me in a command class right now for the whole week 08:00 - 17:00 is letting me hit UCLA first on my way to Riverside for class tomorrow. I will probably miss a couple hours training but it is worth it.

ATTN ALL SAFETY OFFICERS

I officially challenge all of you within a 75 mile radius who read this to get in and do the right thing and donate. I mean come on ours is a compassionate profession and most officers who know what is going on will bend over backwards to help you make it work.
Peace
Richard Lund
Riverside County Fire Department
offduty

Post by offduty »

Well I got down and donated today. The folks at the UCLA blood center said hat Erick was not in the hospital. I told them that I was donating for him but they would have to mark the blood as replacement for what he had used and not for future use. How is Erick doing? how about an update?
Rich
Lomawolf

Post by Lomawolf »

International Flair- Due to FB and other postings, the word about Erick went across the big pond. Yesterday one of the guys sister, who lives in Japan, came over for a family visit. She drove straight from LAX to UCLA and gave a pint for Erick. Word has it Erick is still on the roller coaster ride of a person on the organ donors list. He is out of the hospital for now but is battling pnuemonia. I know there is a lot of tournies going on right now and the weather is great but if you can spare a few minutes to help out a fellow angler..that would be great!!! The report from the international traveler was it took about a half an hour. "Not long at all" Thanks Rich...way to step up!!! Anybody willing to take his challenge?!!
bump

Post by bump »

Back to the top
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Rick,
Thank you for donating.
Here is the most current as of last night. Erick is still in the hospital (Kaiser sunset), they are keeping him there until a liver comes ready for him.. He is fighting pnuemonia and a slight infection in his back. The bottom line is he is struggling. The hospital keeps moving him up and down the list as far as his liver goes. As of the moment, he liver was back down to reasonable ranges, but that can change in a moments notice.
Please continue to send positive thoughts and prayers to him and his family.
Thank you
Yoz
Topwater Terry

Post by Topwater Terry »

I donated last friday. Man, I hope that chud gets well soon...
Lomawolf

Post by Lomawolf »

Thanks Terry!!!!!!
Lomawolf

Post by Lomawolf »

bump+++