Classic on The Delta

whazup

Classic on The Delta

Post by whazup »

There were several broad hints and indications that BASS is at least considering bringing the Classic to the Delta in a few years. Given how tough the bite was here this last week for the Elites, would a tournament of that magnitude suffer in the middle of Feb? Feb is not a "Chamber of Commerce" type month and I don't think the Classic would showcase the Delta very favorably.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
harry chang

Re: Classic on The Delta

Post by harry chang »

I was a Marshal for 3 days. The word is 2013 Classic will be at the Delta.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

February 26th would have been a good day for the Delta :lol: but I agree Delta or Clear Lake in February = split shot :shock:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
swimbait

Post by swimbait »

Only on this website can someone post that they might bring the Classic to CA and the immediate response is negative.

While you're at it, make sure to cover all the bases and complain about the venue being bad, the risk of hitting logs, dirty water, wrong tides, and too much water being pumped to So-Cal.

PS. I think they should launch at Del's because it's closer to my house.
BASSTUD

Post by BASSTUD »

I dont know the exact weights at Lay Lake this year at the classic, but from what i seen i was pretty tough there, could the Delta be any worse??....just throwin that out there.
Delta is beast

Post by Delta is beast »

i think the classic should be moved to may when the fishings not actually horrible!!!!!!
dont b a turkey
whazup

Post by whazup »

Delta is beast wrote:i think the classic should be moved to may when the fishings not actually horrible!!!!!!
That was my point. (Some people got a little excited) I would love to see the Classic come to the Delta. But I would also like for the nation to see the real Delta. I guarantee you people on the fringe were not impressed with what they saw last week. I want them to see the fishery for what it is, the best in the country!
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
CN

Post by CN »

I cant think of any reason other than location ie:California. The place is more than big enough which this event has to have in my opinion. And if the fishery is capable of 25lb limits that should also be a factor I would think with the fisherman.

Look at that lame one they had back in Pittsburgh wasnt it when even normal guys acted like Ike when they cought a 2lb fish.
2ndsuks

Post by 2ndsuks »

Who cares how the fishing is in February, it beats not having a classic here period. Besides, the Delta can produce some big sacks in Feb, it all depends on the weather we have that month.
CN

Post by CN »

2ndsuks wrote:Who cares how the fishing is in February, it beats not having a classic here period. Besides, the Delta can produce some big sacks in Feb, it all depends on the weather we have that month.
You may have something there............Tule fog. :shock:
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Tule fog usually after rains sometimes late Nov and comes in off and on into Jan. Even with all this rain this year tule fog wasn't that bad and often.
froteur

Post by froteur »

BASSTUD wrote:I dont know the exact weights at Lay Lake this year at the classic, but from what i seen i was pretty tough there, could the Delta be any worse??....just throwin that out there.
kvd won the three day classic with a total weight of 51-6. hackney led the duel on the delta after three days with 57-5.

kvd won the 2005 classic (which was fished at the end of july in pittsburgh) with a total weight of 12-5.
kwikfish

Post by kwikfish »

whazup wrote:
Delta is beast wrote:i think the classic should be moved to may when the fishings not actually horrible!!!!!!
That was my point. (Some people got a little excited) I would love to see the Classic come to the Delta. But I would also like for the nation to see the real Delta. I guarantee you people on the fringe were not impressed with what they saw last week. I want them to see the fishery for what it is, the best in the country!
This sounds a little like 'greatness by association' kind of talk. Same sentiments by those that wanted the summer Olympics in the Bay Area 10-20 years ago because they, "wanted the whole world to see what a great place the bay area is". :roll:

I think it would be nice for the Classic to be in the Delta regardless of the time of year. Worthy participants will find a way to adapt to conditions and succeed. It very well maybe raining the week in February that BASS choses, but it may also be 65 degrees and sunny for the week while the majority of the country is still shoveling snow.

We all know the delta is a far cry from what it used to be and look like 50 years ago..... Having the Classic may be a good to educate many who are not aware of the importance of this wetlands and its role in the entire SF Bay ecosystem. Unfortunately, most of the country only hears about the delta as a "conveyance" system to deliver water to different parts of the state at the behest of certain opportunists, etc. Not exactly it's orignal purpose.

Nevertheless, the 'talk' after such an event would be more along the lines of, "gee, too bad the state and feds rape and pileage the delta, otherwise, it truly would be the best damn sport fishery in the country...".
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

CN Wrote:
Look at that lame one they had back in Pittsburgh wasnt it when even normal guys acted like Ike when they cought a 2lb fish.[/quote]
I actually thought that classic was just as good if not better then others...because it was tough. I would love the classic to come to the Delta anytime of the year...just to get them her for that...come on, it could be a once in a 30 some odd year deal. I also would not mind it being in February...like others said, you can get some real good fish in the month...all depends. I don't want to see the Elite guys go out and catch huge bags when the bite is wide open...I want to see why they are truely an ELITE angler...figure it out when it's tough as nails...bring your A game...that's what I want to see...just my thoughts!
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
GregD

Post by GregD »

This was in February....

Greg
basshole's

Post by basshole's »

This is just me and i know some wont like this but i feel the less pressure the delta gets the better fishing it is for me so i could care less where they have it. All though getting the word out there about this place could save it in the long run so im split i guess.
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

[quote="basshole's"]This is just me and i know some wont like this but i feel the less pressure the delta gets the better fishing it is for me so i could care less where they have it. All though getting the word out there about this place could save it in the long run so im split i guess.[/quote]

But it's not like the Delta is a big secret, it's been in BassMaster and the mainstream fishing media, so as I see it, everyone who is gonna fish the delta already has, is or will. Undoubtedly, the classic would bring more angling pressure, but it would be temporary.

Really the best argument for not having it here would be the venue, not specifically what event center it's held, but simply because it's in Stockton, the #2 most miserable city in the nation :shock: (MSNBC)

I whole heartedly agree that publicity would be a great way to drum up some awareness, and in turn support, for the limitless number issues that will impact the delta as both a unique ecosystem and quality bass fishery.

Just my 2 cents.
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776