P-.Line florocarbon Problem

W.C

P-.Line florocarbon Problem

Post by W.C »

hey I bought two spools of P-Line 12# 100% florocarbon. Lastnight when i respooled some of my reels with it, I notice that it would break off when i would try to tie a hook on it . it seemed very brital . i left it on two of my fishing rods and was thinking that maybe it was just the way i was tieing the not."Palamar not"
when i was out on the water i broke off a few fish cuz of the line.and when i would try to retie anothere hook on it , it kept breaking off. has anyone else in here had that same experiance with that line getting britle or did i just happend to buy a bad batch of line. ? thanks to all who respond to this ... tight line
Gator

Never had that problem

Post by Gator »

and I use P-Line exclusively (other than when I use braid). Are you wetting the knot prior to tightening it? Are you sungging the tag end first, then the main line? You may have gotten a bad batch.

Tight Lines!!

Gator
Burke

Re: P-.Line florocarbon Problem

Post by Burke »

Someone had the same problem in a posting several weeks ago.

Was a user of P-line for several years until I started experiencing the same problem that you encountered. I was having a lot of breakage. My last draw was breaking the line 4 times in one day on hooksets or playing a fish. I was so pissed off that I gave away 2 almost full spools of 3000 yard CXX line and switched to Berkeley Transition.

Your P-line is probably a bad batch -- return it to where you bought it.
ExtremeAngler

Post by ExtremeAngler »

W.C.
Ive been using P Line 100% fluro on my finesse/dropshot rod (10lb) jig rod (17) Carolina rig/Trig rods (15lb) for 2 years now and have never ever had a problem infact, I landed a 9lb 4oz fish from shore on the 10lb test it even bent my gamakatsu hook and didnt brea, its tough stuff. I suggest you return that batch and maybe look at the line before you purchace it. Fluro from what I understand does have a shelf life and can "go bad". I love the stuff I say give it another try.

Tom Atkeson
Staff-Extreme Angler Oakley Ca
925-679-3115
ron wolf

you have a bad batch.

Post by ron wolf »

i have been using it almost exclusively for 6 yrs and use 6 and 8 lb and never break off..knock on wood. you definately have a bad batch. give it another try i'm sure you will be happy. good luck ron wolf
donpline

P-Line

Post by donpline »

My name is Don Newman, I work for P-Line and use the product on a weekly basis. We get virtually zero complaints on the fluorocarbon, so I was suprised when a friend told me about this post. Please feel free to me at 800-537-2394. We'd like to get you spool back for testing, and replace it with another spool.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Nowthere is something all of us fishermen love to see

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Someone that will stand behind their product..Thanks for posting Don..And welcome to the magnificent world of "NUTCASES"..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Zak Elrite

with all due respect... switch brands!

Post by Zak Elrite »

Unlike most of the replys you've received, I don't recomend P-line at all. A couple of years ago, after continuously having the same problem that you complained of, I switched to Yo-Zuri all around. Yo-Zuri is strong, sensitive and best of all I almost never break it off(even 6lb. test in 30' of water). I love using 15 lb. to flip with too. For me it can't be beat. I fish with a local club and the majority of the guys don't use P-line either for the same reason. I've just heard too many similar responses and had several bad experiances with it to make me want to use P-line. Though it may be a fine product for some, I say try Yo-Zuri. You definately won't be disappointed.
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
Hipster

Ditto to Gators Post

Post by Hipster »

I use P-Line and I cannot break a 8lb Test darthead stuck in the rocks without pulling the boat around!!!!!!!!! I have also sold my team partner on this stuff.

Three week ago I tried some Spiderline mono for flipping (I do not know why) I retied fifteen times that day. Respooled 20 P and went out the next two days and never had to retie!!!

P-Line should sponser me it is awesome !! HAR

Note I do not really care for the CXX though!!

Hipster
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Fish Chris

Just like WC and Burke....

Post by Fish Chris »

I tried P-Line Fluorocarbon one time a few years ago (only as a leader for my braided mainline) and after having no problems whatsoever with 8 lb Seaguar Carbon Pro, I immediatly broke off two nice fish, back to back, with the P-Line fluoroclear. Tossed that spool straight in the trash and never looked back.

In fairness, I might have just gotten a bad spool..... But then I have never gotten a bad spool of Seaguar Carbon Pro.

Oh.... but then lets see.... WC, Burke, myself..... that would be three bad spools, huh ? Hmmmmm.

Fish
Gator

Well Chris, if you were using FlouroClear....

Post by Gator »

That is a Flourocarbon coated mono, not a true Flourocarbon.

:lol:
sTony

it all depends...

Post by sTony »

on how long the product has been sitting on the store shelf until you eventually bought it. Line does change over the course of time and really varies greatly on how it's stored. If you think you got a bad spool you should always take it back to where you purchased it. Most all these companies back there product and will replace the spool. Heck I had a spool of Stren that once I started spooling up a reel it left chalk on my hands, not a good thing, but I took it back to the store where I bought it and it was replaced without question.

ImageImage

And Gator is correct FluoroClear is coated copolymer line and not a fluorocarbon line at all. There is a big difference.

http://www.p-line.com/

sTony
FATGUY

p-lone

Post by FATGUY »

there are just too many unrelated reports about p-line breakage for me to ever trust it ....
SteveH

2 P or not 2 P

Post by SteveH »

I went the P-Liine route after my boater suggested it at a pro-am. bought 4 spools, gave away 4 spools. too many problems to ever take the chance again of getting a "bad batch". all you gotta do is lose one good fish and...............
Fish Chris

Yea'... Ya know....

Post by Fish Chris »

I hear, and agree with sTony, and my spool of P-Line fluoro might have been old....
But on the other hand, I totally agree with SteveH too. Whether your a tournament guy, who loses one 5 lb'er that costs him the tourney, or a trophy hunter who finally hooks that 19 lb'er, only to be broke off, this is just not acceptable either way.

Fish
Hipster

Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Toyota!!!!

Post by Hipster »

You make your own choices, Then again Toyota just recalled like a million trucks !!!!!!!!!!

I like Flouroclear and will use it!!!!!!!!

Mark
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
NaCl

Hey Hippie

Post by NaCl »

You said, "I cannot break a 8lb Test darthead stuck in the rocks..."

I'd suggest weight lifting or steroids! HAR HAR!

.....NaCl
ryan pearson

Post by ryan pearson »

I guess Ive had a lot better expierence with P-Line...Ive been using it for 2 years and have broken off one fish, and that was my fault for not retying...Ive pulled up big chunks of wood with 6lb test at shasta..ive broken limbs on trees before this stuff will break. Its tough to beat P-line especially the 100% flourocarbon, Ive tried other brands and nothing compares to the sensitivity, and strength of P-Line!!!
Fish on...get the net....its a big girl!!
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

I can't remember the posters name, but with Seaguar you can't go wrong..I have used a lot of the flouroclear and as Chris says it cost me money. If you have one loop that gets pinched on your reel it will brake..Hence the flying expensive swim bait...Never a problem with the seaguar..Triple fish flourocarbon is good too.
http://www.dobynsrods.com