FINALLY!Back to fishin after LONG time away,any Delta help?

TonyL

FINALLY!Back to fishin after LONG time away,any Delta help?

Post by TonyL »

Better part of a year off water,dustin off boat,gear ,chargin batteries,assuming no issues,will be spending Sat.,Sun.morning out there with son,nephew.Any help would be appreciated,not askin for specifics, just an Idea of whats been goin on ?Thanks in advance !
~ Tony
lcates

Re: FINALLY!Back to fishin after LONG time away,any Delta he

Post by lcates »

very tough this year for some reason i have not been out for 2 weeks but i would think their are alot of fish in post spawn patterns i would try fishing for post spawn fish and their should be fish in the current by know recovered from the spawn good luck sorry i couldnt be more help
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

As Larry states, the bite has been tough here and requires saavy thinkin out there to figure out where they are and how ta catch em.

We have fish in all three phases right now, Pre-spawn, spawn and post spawn. 021 Yamamoto Senko working best for us with the stained water. Pitchin n flippen Yamamoto Kreatures and Brush hogs to the rocks will catch em too. Top water bite is starting to pick up some as fish are scattered protecting fry. The reaction bite is still kinda slow, yet we've caught em on vibrating jigs, cranks, paddle tails and blades off and on. The only conistsnacy about the bite on this River right now, is that it's very inconsistant from day to day, even hour by hour.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Cooch wrote: The only conistsnacy about the bite on this River right now, is that it's very inconsistant from day to day, even hour by hour.
Boy if that aint the truth.... Senko is your friend and its a junk fish pattern right now. You may work a whole bank and finally find a school of fish that will chew briefly. Just keep mixing it up and an open mind out there.

If your taking out kids maybe some perch poles setup with bobbers and meal worms or red worms, lots of bluegill up tight to the sea walls.

I will be out on Saturday bumpin in my blck N Blue Bass Kitty with an old rude 150 if you see me say howdy
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

Thanks for info guys ! Junk fishin it is. :lol: Ash we'll keep an eye out for ya ! :wink:
~ Tony
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

6" Watermelon red/blake flake and 6"Greenpumkin big red flake wackey rigged all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Base of tules and in and outside of grass will put fish in the boat. I like stained water.
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Terry Smith wrote:6" Watermelon red/blake flake and 6"Greenpumkin big red flake wackey rigged all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Base of tules and in and outside of grass will put fish in the boat. I like stained water.
Terry I am going to go out and stain some water for ya :shock:

Tony I will probably be bumpin around Whites dissapointment as most of my delta fish this year have been dissapointing

:x