EPA delays Ethanol decision till fall

XMAN

EPA delays Ethanol decision till fall

Post by XMAN »

For the 2nd time the EPA has delayed its decision on mandating a 15% ethanol blend in gasoline untill the fall...this was to be decided in december 09 but was delayed till june...they are testing 2007 cars to see if it is ok to run, which it looks like it does...older cars may be tested also...ethanol groups are pushing big time for 12% if they cant ok 15%...they would do 20% if they could...my tohatsu book says stay away from all ethanol blended fuels period...12% could do outboards in...at 15% they are toast...are there any diesel outboard makers out there..now that would be a good business to be in...i hope they keep delaying this but being the betting man that i am, i'd say 12% is a near done deal....hope not....X
Team Fugowee

Re: EPA delays Ethanol decision till fall

Post by Team Fugowee »

The Plan is working. Introduce a source of energy that destroys polluters in their eyes. If you take those evil 2 strokes off the lakes then you have no need for larger cars and trucks to pull them with. Everyone can plug in their electric micro cars that create no local pollution.
It makes (NO)sense to require a fuel additive that when combined with water will become corrosive to fuel injectors, pumps. It will cause some rubber hoses to harden(break)others to soften and fail internally, break up and plug up filters, pumps, injectors.

Well maybe it does?
I don't know enough, to leave well enough alone.