How's Camping at Clearlake ?

TonyL

How's Camping at Clearlake ?

Post by TonyL »

Love ta kill 2 birds-1 stone ! Da Girls are harassing me for their summer camp trip,would be nice if son/I could get some quality fishing in ! :lol: I know kinda selfish,but help me out guys ! Have no idea of facilities around the laketent camp grounds,showers , beach area for kids,etc ???? Thanks in advance for any info !
~ Tony
Greg_Cornish

Re: How's Camping at Clearlake ?

Post by Greg_Cornish »

State Park by Soda bay is great
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Jonnysig19

Post by Jonnysig19 »

Stay away from the Edgewater in Soda Bay. Very very tight camp sites w/ no privacy feeling at all and very rude "get in and get out" service from the staff. Not a good experience. State Park sounds good!

Have fun.
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

Thanks guys ! Heard of tight quarters in one of the areas,ouldn't remember which ! State Park it is .Much appreciated
~ Tony
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

State park is awesome with great launch facilities

Post by 925 »

Keep everthing locked up while camping at the State Park or it will walk away. From experience.
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

I go up to Clear Lake and camp for a week almost every summer. The State Park is a little extra drive because it is way up on the west shore. It didn't have electricity at the sites when I stayed there about 7 years ago. You had unhook your boat on the trailer near the ramp to charge at a community site. Too risky! Hopefully it has gotten better. Edgewater is tight and there isn't much privacy, but I like it best because the ramp is good and it is central to all areas of the lake. They run a tight ship and it is quiet by ten. It is also in an area away from a lot of the scary meth-head townfolk. The lake could use a bigger bass tournament friendly campground.
billythekidd44

Post by billythekidd44 »

State park for sure,its got everything you need and good fishing close by.
offduty

Post by offduty »

I have camped at State Park by myself and stay in overflow. I take the spot by the end with the electricity so I can plug in. Be aware the critters come out at night, the raccoons will take anything edible they can get their hands on and deer will drink on the edge of the ramp. Last time I went I was walking up the dock about 10:00 at night when I had a bobcat about 25' away square off with me, it was a tense couple minutes.

Rich
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Make sure you read the rules at the State park. There are no warnings and the rangers are flat out rude.

If you don't give them an excuse like. "I was only parked there for 5 minutes," you'll be fine.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln