nail weighting senkos

backlash

nail weighting senkos

Post by backlash »

When nail weighting senkos (wacky rig) are you putting the weight in the nose of the senko or in the middle of it under the hook location? thanks
FATGUY

Re: nail weighting senkos

Post by FATGUY »

i always put it in the head when i use it. i found out sometimes its better without the nail ( most of the time) you just have to ask the fish what they want ..
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

I'll cut a nail weight in half and put one on each side.
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

I put mine in the middle, If you put it in the end it looses its "fluttering" action. That is just me. I know people who do the end and do just as good.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

When somebody says "nail weight", I always ask "Which way do you mean?"

A nail weight in the middle is good for adding weight to the bait when using a standard wacky rig to achieve a faster fall rate.

Nailing both ends increases fall rate and gives a wacky rigged bait alot more action when you move it or shake it.

Nailing the nose is the Izzy Rig. The bait falls quicker (vertically) and then it dances on the bottom with the tail up kinda like a shakeyhead (this rig is awesome!)

Just my 2 cents,
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776

Post by Guest »

just use a 1/8oz, 1/4oz or 3/16 oz bullet head jig with a 4/0 or 5/0 round bend hook i use mustad black nickel and when i get into cover i add a wire loop guard when i pour the jig heads you can powdercoat the jig heads about any color you want to match the senko's If you fishing rocky cover or open flats and humps the bullet head jigs work great.