Best trolling motor battery at Costco?

hawghustler

Best trolling motor battery at Costco?

Post by hawghustler »

I've seen many posts on batteries on this site and I know most recommend Optima. Just wondering if anyone has had success with a less expensive Costco battery. Thanx
Robert F

Re: Best trolling motor battery at Costco?

Post by Robert F »

Yep. Most battery sales persons will tell you that the 79 dollar battery is way more cost effective than the Optima for three times the price. Easy math. Do you think you will get 6 years out of the Optima?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I've got 5 years on my Optima's and they have been great.
hippie

Post by hippie »

I also have over 4 years on my optimas bought from costco. My cranking is special order though. Cant get at costco
rangerz20

Post by rangerz20 »

My Costco group 27's have never let me down, and have lasted for years. They have been in all three of my boats.
IMHO none better.
coyoteslayer

Post by coyoteslayer »

American Battery company is one of the best! $115 I think will get you a battery that will perform just as good as $400 battery and last damn near what a Gell Cell will. They have gel cells too, but the guy will tell you for the price and what you get the maintance is the way to go.
Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

Robert F wrote:Do you think you will get 6 years out of the Optima?
Um, yeah. I just changed out my original set of Opmtimas that I purchased in Oct. 2003 when my boat came in. They just recently started showing signs of weakening. So, yeah, you can get 6+ years out of them. Granted I'm just a weekend angler and do tournaments only occasionally, so maybe their life span was stretched out because I'm not out there often like many other guys.

I had the group 34's (smallest size optima). To my knowledge that's the only one Costco offers. I would say you get your money's worth out of them. I know I did! Upgraded to the group 31 now, and am interested in seeing how long they last.
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!