Chine walk video

offduty

Chine walk video

Post by offduty »

There was a video on youtube that showed a guy driving a Triton and keeping it from chine walking. I cant seem to find it does anyone have a link to it or know the title.

Thanks
Rich
bryanmc

Re: Chine walk video

Post by bryanmc »

I used to have a link to it but must have deleted it. This is the email of the guy who made it. He's a regular on the Triton forum at bbcboards.net jamjbm@egyptian.net

Email him and see if he still has it.
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

Here you go....This will help and I believe the video is posted somewhere in the reply's.

I cant get mine to walk, once you learn how to drive a performance boat its second nature.

You will notice in the video and with anyone you have run it for you there is no jerking and harsh driving. Some people think that at least, that just make's it worse. The article on the link is by one of the best rigger's and racer's in the U.S.

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=390628
offduty

Post by offduty »

Thanks, still looking. I have read that thread a few times. May have to e mail if it dont pop up.

Rich
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Ask smallmouthguy on bbc if he still has it. Probably easier than email.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
obsessed fisherman

Post by obsessed fisherman »

good one Greg. LMAO. :lol:
offduty

Post by offduty »

Greg

Not the video that I was looking for but you do darn good work. You can find me videos any day.

Rich
kb

Post by kb »

Don't know where you live but if I can help you with the Triton and getting a little more comfortable in it drop me a pm. I would be willing to spend a little time on the water with you and get you past the issues you may be having with your boat. Pretty simple actually so yell if I can help you.........

Kent Brown
Triton Boats Pro Staff
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
offduty

Post by offduty »

Kent

I live by Casitas in Oak View, I am thinking you live up north.
I am debating on driving up to the Delta to stay at Russo's in november as I have another vacation then. Maybe we can get together then if you are interested.

With the 250 SHO she goes faster than she used to and I will be sending my ECU to HydroTec and they will re flash it to a 300 and lighten the fly wheel. Then I need to work with a prop guy to get it dialed in. I am shooting for 80+ mph and need to learn to keep it from chine walking. Its a dual console 99 TR-21 with a 10" Bob's hydraulic plate.

Rich
offduty

Re: Chine walk video*NM*

Post by offduty »

*NM*
Last edited by offduty on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BILLYS

Post by BILLYS »

TEAM FATBOY.
offduty

Post by offduty »

Beautiful, thank you. I saved it to my desk top.

Rich
BuckSnort

Post by BuckSnort »

So basically you just counter steer to get it to stop?

I have never been in a boat that did that and am just curious..
offduty

Post by offduty »

From what I understand you should be able to feel it start through pressure transmitted to the wheel and counter it steering the other way.

Rich
BuckSnort

Post by BuckSnort »

Might be some major "pucker factor" happening at 80+ mph...lol
offduty

Post by offduty »

Pucker is good, lets you know you are alive.
ASD

Post by ASD »

99 TR-21 with a 300 on the back :shock:

B real carefull as that 300 will push that hull faster and harder then it was made to go!

It's not fun to have a hull come apart at any speed and over 75 mph it is like laying down a road bike water is REAL hard. Bin their done both. Also if you plan to run that fast please get the right kind of gear as most life jackits will get torn off at speeds like that. So get a brain buckit and a jackit with croch straps and a coller :wink:
offduty

Post by offduty »

ASD wrote:99 TR-21 with a 300 on the back :shock:

B real carefull as that 300 will push that hull faster and harder then it was made to go!

It's not fun to have a hull come apart at any speed and over 75 mph it is like laying down a road bike water is REAL hard. Bin their done both. Also if you plan to run that fast please get the right kind of gear as most life jackits will get torn off at speeds like that. So get a brain buckit and a jackit with croch straps and a coller :wink:
Copy that.
kb

Post by kb »

Yea I know it can be done but not recommended. Sorry but I will pass on the driving help with an overrated boat. The 99 TR21 is rated for a 225 and you are already over the rating with the 250 SHO and pushing up the bar even higher is out of my realm of expertise.

Not too many of our Triton's that are rigged with a motor that they are rated for scare me.....I can drive any of them but not the same feeling with an overrated hull......

Be careful with that thing and remember that you are entering a bit of liability issue by knowingly overrating a hull if you ever had a problem. Your insurance company will not cover that boat.

I know about the unlimited ratings on all boats over 21' but this hull had a 225 max hp rating.

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

Go to the novice boaters forum on BassBoat Central. It's a pinned topic there. I'm a little worried about the amount of motor you have on there. Those older Tr boats were wicked fast and walked much more than the newer ones. I wish you luck with what you are attempting. As Kent mentioned, insurance may be a problem but technically it can be learned.
One bit of advice I can give is start with the trim all the way in, give it full throttle and then slowely bump up the trim. When you get comfortable and feel you need more, bump it out a bit more. It will take a long time and you will not be satisfied with the speed to begin with but this is going to be a stiff learning curve. This way if the boat starts getting away from you, just bump the trim down again and your back where you were comfortable. The worst thing you can do is suddenly let up on the throttle.

NoCAL
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

wow....I think your goal of 80 will get crushed with a 99' Hull. I would really listen to what KB had to say, be safe.

I had a 99' Tr-21 rigged with a 225 EFI and it would run 75-77 depending on load. It was a light boat with little to no wedge.

Good luck.

I'm in San Bernardino county if you need some on the water help.

Justin
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

I'm really interested to see if you could ever stop the boat from chine walking. Your over powered now, tweeking up you ECU, and your boats hull is not rated for that much power (too light). You will only be riding on the engine cavitation plate if you plan on running wide open. You may not have enough boat in the water to keep that boat stable enough to stop chine walking. Good luck with this. Hopefully you will not kill your self and a co-angler in this need for speed.

NO WAKE ZONE
&
Good Fishin
If you do nothing expect nothing!
BILLYS

Post by BILLYS »

NoCAL wrote:Go to the novice boaters forum on BassBoat Central. It's a pinned topic there. I'm a little worried about the amount of motor you have on there. Those older Tr boats were wicked fast and walked much more than the newer ones. I wish you luck with what you are attempting. As Kent mentioned, insurance may be a problem but technically it can be learned.
One bit of advice I can give is start with the trim all the way in, give it full throttle and then slowely bump up the trim. When you get comfortable and feel you need more, bump it out a bit more. It will take a long time and you will not be satisfied with the speed to begin with but this is going to be a stiff learning curve. This way if the boat starts getting away from you, just bump the trim down again and your back where you were comfortable. The worst thing you can do is suddenly let up on the throttle.

NoCAL
And start out with a wide left turn.
TEAM FATBOY.
BILLYS

Post by BILLYS »

offduty wrote:From what I understand you should be able to feel it start through pressure transmitted to the wheel and counter it steering the other way.

Rich
YOU WANT TO TAKE CARE OF IT BEFORE IT STARTS!
TEAM FATBOY.
BILLYS

Post by BILLYS »

One more. If this don't get the blood pumping, nothing will.
http://home.comcast.net/~corywurst/jasper05.wmv
TEAM FATBOY.
offduty

Post by offduty »

The placard on this boat says it is rated for 250. although I will be re chipping the 250 to 300 I will still have the rev limiter at 6150 rpms. I understand you not wanting to get involved.

Take Care
Rich
kb wrote:Yea I know it can be done but not recommended. Sorry but I will pass on the driving help with an overrated boat. The 99 TR21 is rated for a 225 and you are already over the rating with the 250 SHO and pushing up the bar even higher is out of my realm of expertise.

Not too many of our Triton's that are rigged with a motor that they are rated for scare me.....I can drive any of them but not the same feeling with an overrated hull......

Be careful with that thing and remember that you are entering a bit of liability issue by knowingly overrating a hull if you ever had a problem. Your insurance company will not cover that boat.

I know about the unlimited ratings on all boats over 21' but this hull had a 225 max hp rating.

kb
offduty

Post by offduty »

Gentlemen

I appreciate your concern, as far as killing a non boater that will not happen as I don't care for tournaments. I also have more common sense than to drive it wide open most everywhere I go. I usually cruise 45 to 55. this boat as stated on the placard is rated for a 250 and I will not be changing the rev limiter only the fuel curve. I know of persons with the 99 TR-21 that say they can get just above 80 mph and that is my goal.

I am not wanting to get in to a big safety thing, I actually posted about a chine walk video and my boat is quite loaded and heavy. I have heard it said that common sense is not common but I assure you I am not going to do anything stupid although you may think I am already. Honestly I am beginning to wish I had not started this post. There would be no way to tell that this motor is a 300hp as this is a ECU re flash only so insurance is not an issue except for possible loose lips.

The boat ran 76 empty with the new motor and now 70 loaded with myself and dry wells. I am looking for a little more speed for when I occasionally want to use it when the conditions are good. I am 46 and have been driving boats for the last 32 years also I have gone a lot faster than 80 on the water in a lot lighter boat and I am doing 70 now without chine walk. I hope this post does not offend anyone but I did not fall off the back of the boat yesterday.

Peace
Rich

Flippinjigs wrote:I'm really interested to see if you could ever stop the boat from chine walking. Your over powered now, tweeking up you ECU, and your boats hull is not rated for that much power (too light). You will only be riding on the engine cavitation plate if you plan on running wide open. You may not have enough boat in the water to keep that boat stable enough to stop chine walking. Good luck with this. Hopefully you will not kill your self and a co-angler in this need for speed.

NO WAKE ZONE
&
Good Fishin
offduty

Post by offduty »

That was what I thought I was relaying guess I was not clear enough. I appreciate the post.

Thanks
Rich

BILLYS wrote:
offduty wrote:From what I understand you should be able to feel it start through pressure transmitted to the wheel and counter it steering the other way.

Rich
YOU WANT TO TAKE CARE OF IT BEFORE IT STARTS!
BILLYS

Post by BILLYS »

"The boat ran 76 empty with the new motor and now 70 loaded with myself and dry wells"
Did you set it up empty? or loaded?

PS. If your not living on the edge,your taking up to much space.
ha ha
TEAM FATBOY.
offduty

Post by offduty »

First time I had it out was empty, not much to set up with the hydraulic plate. It has a 10" Bob's hydraulic plate and I was running a stock 27P Solas Scorpion prop. I just played with it till I got the best results. The best run was down wind with a light chop. I was getting about 74 out of it before. It seems like it runs best at 4 on JP gauge but I am not sure how the gauge relates to the pad. I have had it out twice and just got off work today for 11 days vacation.

Rich

[quote="BILLYS"]"The boat ran 76 empty with the new motor and now 70 loaded with myself and dry wells"
Did you set it up empty? or loaded?

PS. If your not living on the edge,your taking up to much space.
ha ha[/quote
BILLYS

Post by BILLYS »

Mr Duty, sent u a PM.
TEAM FATBOY.
offduty

Post by offduty »

Got it.

Thanks
BILLYS wrote:Mr Duty, sent u a PM.