tourney marshall

sy

tourney marshall

Post by sy »

who's done it? what are you expected to do. i might have a chance at one next month. it sounds interesting
620 Dude

Re: tourney marshall

Post by 620 Dude »

If you have the chance don't pass it up..you'll regret it.

you will need to know the tourny rules and and fishing regs that pertain to the species the tournys for.

be on time have your your lunch,drinks,sunscreen or raingear which ever applies,usually your storage space will be limited so travel lite.

give the pro all the room he/she needs work hot fish.

ask questions at the appropriate time, you have a wealth of knowledge sitting next to you and most are willing to share their decision making process with you

Sit back and observe and Most of all have a great time!!
fishbonz412

Post by fishbonz412 »

I assume you mean the BASS Elite series. I did it at Clear lake earlier this year. If it is not that, then I'll assume it is a similar program. As such, your responsibilities are to uphold the rules of the event. You will be an extension of the Tournament Director so you are maintaining the integrity of the sport. As 620 said, you need to know the rules and make sure the pro complies with them. Obvious things are making sure the pro does not put any 2 oz weights in the fish's belly. more obtuse things may be things like who the pro can get help from when his HDS kills his starting battery and he needs a jump.

there are rules you must follow as well. in the Elite series, you are not allowed to use a cell phone except in emergencies (I brought mine, but it was in the off position until we checked in at the end of the day). You cannot video the pros, though still pictures were allowed. You need to comply as well.

info from 620 above is right on. Follow it.

I agree, as a secondary benefit, that you will have a great chance to watch what the pros do at their best. Ask their permission to ask their questions. Take notes if allowed. You can learn a ton. Enjoy!!
--Sometimes it is best to be quiet and be thought the fool than to speak out and remove all doubt---
sy

Post by sy »

it will be for the college fishing tourney at folsom