Amador

Giants55

Amador

Post by Giants55 »

Anyone been, how is it fishing??
bassmonkey

Re: Amador

Post by bassmonkey »

Went a couple weeks ago and the fishing was quite terrible. We fished 11 hours for 5 bites. We started at noon and fished til' 11:00 or so. I know this lake as well as anyone and I think that lake has gone way downhill in the last ten years. I have had several 30+lb limits out of that place, as well as several 60+ fish days. 20lbs is now tough to get in the spring time and the rest of year is hit and miss. There are still some giants in there but not like it used to be. At least the fees are lower this time of year. If you do go, there was a ton of fish in the backs of the coves cruising around following the blue gill and baby bass. The spook bite should pick up as tons of bigger shad are starting to show up on the bank as well. There is no shortage of forage. They need to stock that place with bass again and give it a shot in the arm so to speak. It's a trout lake so they really could give 2 chits about the bass. Good luck.
Giants55

Post by Giants55 »

Thankf for the report.i agree that the lake is definitely on a downhill.....it is tougher now than even 2 years ago, havent been in about 2 months so thought i'd ask..
biteme

Post by biteme »

No more Trout from DFG, its going to play a major role.
wg274

Post by wg274 »

I agree, this lake took a turn for the worst 2 years ago and never recovered.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

biteme wrote:No more Trout from DFG, its going to play a major role.
Don't they roll their own there, on premises?