Folsom, Granite Bay Ramps, Crowded?

Vernonn

Folsom, Granite Bay Ramps, Crowded?

Post by Vernonn »

Hi all. Thinking of launching out of Granite Bay this Saturday around mid morning. How are those ramps during the warm weekends? :?:

Thanks in Advance!

-vernon[/b]
Gator

Picture a zoo.....

Post by Gator »

Where all the animals have been let out of their cages.....at least that is the case at Granite Bay.
Vernonn

Re: Picture a zoo.....

Post by Vernonn »

Gator wrote:Where all the animals have been let out of their cages.....at least that is the case at Granite Bay.
Is it any better at Folsom Point or Brown's?

-vernon
NaCl

Re: Folsom, Granite Bay Ramps, Crowded?

Post by NaCl »

Its supposed to get into the low 90's this weekend. If you're desperate enough to go to Folsom on the first 90+ degree day of the year, make sure you get on the water at first light and off the water before 10:00....11:00 at the latest. By noon the drunks, skidiots, jet fleas and boating's "challenged" are in full swing.

.....NaCl
Vernonn

Plan "B' Oroville

Post by Vernonn »

Is Oroville better?
Hipster

Oroville 100 percent better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hipster »

See you Sunday at Oroville, that's where I'll be!!! many more places to hide on that big body of water named Oroville than at Folsom

I was at Folsom last Saturday before these recent stroms hit and it was a mess at 10:00 am when I was leaving.

Mark
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Elmhurst bassman

Stay away!!

Post by Elmhurst bassman »

Stay away unless you plan on getting out at first light and leaving no later than 10AM-all the jackasses will be out. As far as fishing Stink-O WHY???? I fish it often but there are so many more lakes that you could tear it up on-if you are willing to drive the the Ville why not any other lake in the area?
Vernonn

Re: Stay away!!

Post by Vernonn »

Elmhurst bassman wrote:Stay away unless you plan on getting out at first light and leaving no later than 10AM-all the jackasses will be out. As far as fishing Stink-O WHY???? I fish it often but there are so many more lakes that you could tear it up on-if you are willing to drive the the Ville why not any other lake in the area?
Which ones are you referring to? Berryessa?
Scott Shambre

To Elmhurst Bassman...

Post by Scott Shambre »

whole I agree that the lake maggots will be in full force this weekend and that should be reason enough to stay away, the fishing is far from Stink-O. It will take over 20 lbs. to win Saturday at the WON event and at least 16 to get a check. I love posts like yours because it scares people away from Folsom. Folsom is the BEST Spotted bass lake in the state for size and numbers as witnessed by a 6 lb. 13 oz. Spot i caught and released a week ago. While prefishing Thursdays for the WON event i found a bedding area that had no less than 10 to 15 5lb. + fish swimming around. Go ahead stay away, but I can brave another valley element to catch bass as good as we have it at Folsom.

Scott Shambre
Vernonn

I used to fish Folsom quite a bit

Post by Vernonn »

Scott,

I used to fish Folsom a lot more than I do now. But most of the team tournaments that I participate in don't hit Folsom. When we switched to AC Northern this year, we hit it twice for the first time in several years.

About 10 years ago, I used to fish from first light to around 5pm and then get all screwed up trying to get to the docks to trailer my boat, so I quit going to Folsom after May.

I'm taking some people fishing for the first time and we won't get to launch until mid morning so I was wondering what my best option was. Obviously, Folsom is NOT going to happen. Maybe after mid September when the lake lice start putting their toys away. I hope Oroville is better, but I'm not really holding my breath.

Anyway, seeing Oroville will be good since I'll be fishing there in two weeks for the AC Northern.

I'm a tournament fisherman and don't know no other way. How do you teach some kids to fish?
Hipster

Vernonn.................You will be fina at Oroville

Post by Hipster »

I do not care how busy it gets at Oroville it is not anyhting compared to Folsom!!! I would still stay away from all water Memorial weekend!!!!

AS for teaching them to fish!!! how about wacky rig a Senko in the trees, Darthead a worm or a dropshot. I give these to my wife while I try to rip or topwater and I am always removing hooks from her fish at Oroville and get no fishing in for myself!!!!!

Guess what?????????? I love it when that happens!!!!!!

Mark
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Elmhurst bassman

I am glad someone finds joy in fishing the folsom zoo. It is not that it isn't a good fishery. I just don't find the experience worth it when the temps > 90 degrees. I can be on the Delta or Berryessa in around the same amount of time and there are more places to get away from the boating challenged. Stink-O drives me crazy but i probably fish there more than anywhere else on an annual basis (My inlaws live 3 minutes from the bidwell Marina Launch). Don't forget the motherlode lakes. If you live in Sac the drive between goint to Oroville and the motherlode lakes isn't much different.

Since you are taking out folks that are new to fishing oroville would be the place. You may not get many big fish but you will go through the numbers. drop-shot and split shot will work well now. Last time I was up there I was killin them with 3.5 inch darthead tubes. Natural colors work best.
Elmhurst bassman

Scott,
Good luck this weekend-looks like your on 'em. I better see you with some 25# bags with all of those 5lbers out there. HAR
In all seriousness though-good luck!
I am envious-I get to lay sod this weekend.
catchnrelease

"skidiots"

Post by catchnrelease »

Salt, now there's a term I haven't heard before. I'll have to remember that one. That's great!! They'll be out in force this weekend - everywhere. Fish weekdays, or better yet, weekday evenings on the Delta. Its surprising how few are out after around 6:00 pm or so.
C.
TheFLY

Folsom IdiotFest

Post by TheFLY »

You know, I can almost (I said ALMOSTT) handle the junior college/Sac State punk, borrowing Dad's boat, oblivious to the world, operating under the assumption that the whole lake (err, entire area code) wants to hear the likes of MudVane or Eminem at full volume crowd better than the wine-drinking, cheese-eating, pinky finger in the air aristocrats that barge on by in their massive ocean-style cruisers and create wakes that could even knock Rosie O'Donnel out of her bath tub.

There is nothing worse than fishing 30 yards off of shore and then finding yourself bumping the rocks after a barge creates the Pacific Ocean behind you.

I love the Lake, no matter how many times it kicks my arse. But for my money the weekends from May to Sept. are for Berryessa, Camp Far West, the Delta or any of our other less diseased waters. [/i]