Restrepo

rexford

Restrepo

Post by rexford »

A 2 hour documentary playing on NatGeo and worth a watch.
They are showing it in its original format so be warned that
language and content might not be appropriate for children.
Ray L.

Re: Restrepo

Post by Ray L. »

watched most of it last night. Great show.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
lobinaloca

Post by lobinaloca »

Great show, I agree.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

thats the first time i actually got to see whats going on over there. we can alll imagine it how we want to, but until i watched this show i had no idea. Great documentary.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

No one (civilian) really knows what is going on over there. And the sad fact is we will not, nor can we win a war in those counties, just look how the Russian did and they pulled out. So should we. Bill K
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

I agree Bill, can't even imagine what these guys go through on a daily basis.

This whole war just leaves me scratching my head. What is the definition of winning this war? What are we trying to accomplish at this point? I just don't understand a lot of what has happened and I don't think I ever will. Not saying i agree or disagree with the whole war, but man it keeps getting more confusing what we are trying to do and why we are doing it?
'
Monsterfishingtackle.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

[quote="Bill K"]No one (civilian) really knows what is going on over there. And the sad fact is we will not, nor can we win a war in those counties, just look how the Russian did and they pulled out. So should we. Bill K[/quote

Part of me says, amen, enough is enough.
But there is the part that says we need to leave that country no worse than when we went in.
Fair is fair.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
npangler

Post by npangler »

the reason for the russians losing the war in afganistan is because we intrerviened its all about CHARLIE WILSON
If you have not seen the movie Charlie Wilsons War you should.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

It's guerilla warfare at its finest. It stinks, but I'd rather keep the battlefield over there than here!
j10b

Post by j10b »

No we shouldnt pull out. I have worked with TF Rock ( the 173rd or to the layman the unit involved in the action). Leaving Afghanistan will get you another 9/11 so fast.

You did mention being a civilian you have no idea of what we go through. Let me add to that as a civilian you have NO IDEA what we find/do on a daily basis so you need to STAY OUT of why we are there. If you want to know mount up and head over. I still think you can enter into the STT ( special tactics teams) that will give you the best shot at learning why we are there and the plans they have.

Use some common sense, how do you think we get our intel? Browsing friggin message boards?

So why are we there!! SO THERE ISNT ANOTHER 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Afghanistan is so easy to get into and building your own little training center. Oh and you can basically get into just about any surrounding country and no one will even know. Yup Enter through the PAK. Few days later you are in Europe.
So thats why we are there. I still don't get how you guys forgot why we went there. The planning for 9/11 was down in Afghanistan. The planning for the bombing in spain, afghanistan, the planning for the subway bombing in the Uk, AFGHANISTAN! The attempted bombing in NYC and the underwear bomber, YUP Ayman al-Zawahiri released that video prior saying to look for stuff and wham 2 attempts last year.
Marty

Post by Marty »

It was very good documentary and here are a few clips.

http://restrepothemove.com/
http://www.imdb.com/video/screeplay/vi2566261017/

As for the War itself, I’m not going to get into if this war is right or wrong, it does not matter! We can pull out tomorrow or in July of next year as intended and call it a “graceful exit” as they did in Vietnam. The war will still go on! I have no concern if the Afghan government is corrupt, it does not matter! The war will still go on! I don’t care if the Russians lost their war in Afghanistan, it does not have substance to our war. The war will still go on! It does not matter if you agree with me or not! The war will still go on!

What the vast majority of Americans do not want this war as I don’t want it. The same vast majority of Americans also does not understand our enemy. Our enemy will not quit just because we graceful exit Afghanistan. Our enemy knows what is at stake (them or us) and will not quit until they are dead or you become Muslim or submit to Islam. This may not be a religious war to you but to them it is.

When our enemy puts one of us in their gun sights they don’t see white, black, yellow, or brown; They don’t see Democrats, Republicans, Conservative, or Liberal; They see American! The War will come to America and then maybe we will fight this war military and not political. Enough said!