Mark
Giants55

Re: Toad Thrasher is action

Post by Giants55 »

what lake is this?
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I'm curious as well as to what pond you all were fishing?

I was glad to see the handling of the bigger fish done with some care. Wasn't keen on the smaller ones getting laid out on the carpet. Yea, I saw it was wet. I just feel we have to do all we can to protect the resource. I've been told from a number of folks that have the knowledge that a bass slime coat and boat carpet are recipe for a slow death. Maybe that's one of the reasons for the decline in the number of Largies up in the Mother Load :?:

A lot of novice anglers get on these sites and absorb all the details they can, including how the pro's handle their catch. I would hope we would do all we can for all these fish, if we ain't gonna eat them :evil: .

I have ranted for awhile and I think not being on the water for a couple weeks has my dander up! Sorry I had to vent, but thanks for reading :P
I had to come back...I know...
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

What decline of largemouth in the Motherlode? Just had two trips to Pedro with 50 fish days all largies. Have days at melones with all largies. And at Mcclure tthe largies are always hard to find in winter. Yes I am for not getting bass on the carpet too. But it does happen once in a while. Nothing like yopu see in the Pro Events where they swing them all. The main factor with fish populations in reservoirs is water levels and avaialable cover as Cooch pointed out so well in another post. I guess I am getting closer to the other side of people who just have given up sharing on this site. More need to read there post before hitting the submit button..Merry Christmas from California Reservoir Lures.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Must be having as great a day as I am.

My comment on the decline of the largemouth was to make light of the other freak-in thread where those individuals that had to blame something for not being able catch a largemouth. It was a light hearted dig, hence the :?:

I will stand firm on my statement about folks absorbing information here. I was hoping for a little bit better. I should of included all the "pro's" that are way worse than the what I saw on your promotion and that I have lit up in the past. That messed up big bait posse was one of them, made me sick!!!

Sorry Johnny, I haven't been posting much and my intent wasn't to piss you off, just to point out that sliding fish on the carpet wasn't a good idea. I read my post twice before I posted it, didn't think some constructive criticism was gonna strike a nerve. I'll go back to my hole now...
I had to come back...I know...
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

No problem Mike..It just seems that every post goes in a different direction, that's all.
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Nice video, the sounds was a little quiet though.

Those fish really liked that bait, they were choking that thing down.
R00k

Post by R00k »

Nice swimbait!!!

Do u offer a Military discount?
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

R00k wrote:Nice swimbait!!!

C'mon guy, honestly? You can't be serious with this question.

The baits look great Johnny. Can't wait for February.

Andy
Marty

Post by Marty »

Johnny, excellent video!

Was curious at what depth does the Toad Thrasher work at. Is it designed as a wake bait or a rate of fall bait?
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Marty it has a 2oz. weight in it..It can be fished easily from shallow to 30 feet. Deeper with patience..LOL
R00k

Post by R00k »

Andy Lippert wrote:

Andy
Andy,
Whats wrong with asking for a Military discount? I work hard and cherish every dollar I earn. So if I can save just one dollar on an $11 swimbait than Im happy. What if I ordered 20 of them and saved $20? Is there something wrong with that?? And why are you concerned about me wanting a discount anyway? Stay in your lane and keep your comments to yourself.
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Rook sent you a PM
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

R00k wrote:
Andy Lippert wrote:

Andy
Andy,
Whats wrong with asking for a Military discount? I work hard and cherish every dollar I earn. So if I can save just one dollar on an $11 swimbait than Im happy. What if I ordered 20 of them and saved $20? Is there something wrong with that?? And why are you concerned about me wanting a discount anyway? Stay in your lane and keep your comments to yourself.

No thanks bud, I'll pass. This is what you call a public forum, if you don't want 'comments' from others then there is this great new thing called a private message.

I won't opine on why I think that your asking for a military discount is retarded, I will only say this; I have the privilege of being friends with many of this countries greatest heroes that have been out there whackin' tangos with the best of 'em since the beginning of OEF in 2001, and they wouldn't in a million years utter the words "Do you have a military discount."

Semper Fi, and Merry Christmas.

Andy
R00k

Post by R00k »

Andy,

Wow man...you’re right. I never thought about it like that. God I feel like an idiot for asking such a "retarded" question. You knowing some veterans and the fact that they wouldn’t ask really really put things in perspective for me. I totally regret it man. Look I'll just take my 14 years of experience in the Army and my countless trips overseas serving in OIF and OEF and be on my way. I can’t believe I asked for a discount. Stupid...what was I thinking...

Man I will never regret serving and I am still glad to do it every day....and I will proudly utter the words... do you have a military discount?

Get a life douche bag
R00k

Post by R00k »

Johnny C...

I apologize for my responses and stooping to a low level but I aint no chump and I dont let anyone treat me like one. Either way I didnt mean to take away from your post and you trying to market your product. I look forward to using your gear.

Merry Christmas
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Lmao! I wrote that in order to give you a chance to read between the lines and shut your mouth before you stepped on your d*ck. Too late. You're a badass, nothing more to be said! Hopefully your discounts are many, soldier boy. I could never amount to even half the man that you are! Hoooooooah!