NORTH CAROLINA BASS FISHING?

Z man

NORTH CAROLINA BASS FISHING?

Post by Z man »

I would like to take a few minutes and express to this forum and the contributors my upmost appreciation for the chance to share my thoughts, experiences and opinions over the past several years. I have taken a position at Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston salem , North carolina and will be relocating the 15 th of June. My new ranger is waiting on me there. I grew up fishing santee and lake murray, with some experience on Norman and Wylee.Believe me , the fishing "back home" does not touch california and I will miss the waters here and the many friends and people I have met, fished with , and shared with. If anyone has any information on web sites such as this one, best lakes to start on and helpful info please e-mail me , and as always should you need help and or advice once I get there don't hesitate to e-mail me.It appears High Rock Lake will be the closest to me, and By the way a Bass Pro Shop is about an hour away in Charlotte, N.C.---Take the credit cards away from me...Again Thanks to all, and may God Bless.[/b]

Curtis Rollins.......
Sacto John

Re: NORTH CAROLINA BASS FISHING?

Post by Sacto John »

bassboatcentral.com has some good forums especially for folks back East. Lots of info and a bunch of helpful and funny guys on the all the forums.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Also

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Bass Fishing Home Page or BFHP.com caters to fishermen/women everywhere..I see a whole lot of people from that neck of the woods posting..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Steve

North Kakalacki

Post by Steve »

I lived in Raleigh for many years, and the area reservoirs are not that far from you. There is excellent bass fishing in the area. The three lakes you would want to fish are:

1) Falls of the Neuse, commonly referred to as Falls Lake (but be careful, another lake in NC is called Falls)
2) Jordan Lake
3) Shearon-Harris

Falls is my favorite, great fishing. However, Shearon-Harris is spectacular. Its a smallish nuclear power cooling lake. And as such, it is intensively managed by Duke power to provide high quality fishing (common strategy to offset public hostility and dislike for nuclear operations towards). I get goose bumps thinking about fishing that lake!
Smitty_dennis

North Carolina Fishing

Post by Smitty_dennis »

North Carolina has some great fishing.......the lakes menetioned Shearon Harris, Falls and Lake Jordan. Falls is by far the best in my opinion. However, there are some great Rivers a few hour away the Pamlico Sound in Plymouth, NC and the Nuese river are awesome fisheries. Willow tree knees, Pads and grass; very swampy like the beauty of these areas are asethically pleasing to the any bass fisherman. I was in NC for 4 1/2 years. I joined a bass club out of Raliegh called "Trianlge Bassers" look them up.