Its Official Westernbass.com Sells

wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

Its Official Westernbass.com Sells

Post by wayneg »

Hello fellow fishing enthusiasts,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Wayne Wasulko. I am the new owner of WesternBass.com. I would like to first take this opportunity to thank Tony Stoltz for a great job and I look forward to working with Tony in the future.

As for me, some of you may remember me back in the 70’s and 80’s when I was most active in the fishing industry. So here's a little history of myself.

As a very young man (1969 to 1977) I was very active in the cleaning, rigging, and finally the selling of bass boats at both Warner boat sales in San Fernando Valley and then Marine Associates in Bellflower CA. I was instrumental in putting together the first Bass Jamborees in the Los Angeles area. We had hundreds of people attending the two day events and had many local and national fishermen demonstrating their techniques. In 1977 I married and moved to Sacramento to work for Brunswick as the Northern California Mercury Outboard rep. I met many of the marine dealers in northern California and shared my experiences from Southern Cal with them.

As a passionate bass fishermen, I was really intrigued with the science of fish locators and the use of them in fishing. In 1981, Don Siefert, then the southern California rep for Lowrance asked if I would like to join his new team as the zone manager for Lowrance in Northern California, Nevada and Utah. Well, I was extremely excited and many of you (I will say middle aged fishermen) may remember me with my Lowrance van at most of the organized tournaments in my region. I was able to get Lowrance involved in many of the restoration projects in my territory and Darrell Lowrance was always very committed to helping the fisheries through our programs. The biggest event I coordinated was the Bay Shark Derby in which we had some 1600 plus fishermen sign up and fish for shark in the San Francisco Bay. Our goal was to raise funds and donate all the money to the UC Davis Aquaculture program to restock the delta with sturgeon. This program put approximately 100,000 12” to 14” sturgeon back into the California Delta. In 1986 I became the western U.S. regional manager and had the opportunity to become acquainted with the marine and fishing stores throughout the entire western United States.

During the middle 80’s I became excited about my new computer, a mac 128 (now my age is really showing!) and my ability to create ads, brochures and store fliers. My wife took the ball and ran with it and before long, a small home business grew into a mid sized print and graphic design outfit. In the fall of 1988 I left Lowrance and went full time with my wife at the desktop publishing business. Within the first year, I had purchased an offset printing press, learned offset printing and we became a full service print shop. My real interest was the evolution of desktop publishing and how that technology was changing how we do business today.

During this time period, I developed some software that was in a category of software that elevated printing from the old-fashioned, camera to plate system, to a complete high tech computer-to-plate system. The new company, Rip-it Imaging Systems, Inc., stayed current with all new computer trends and technology. We grew over the years with offices in Europe, North America and dealers throughout the world. In the spring of 2007 I made the decision to sell the company. Since that period, I have gone back to fishing for fun and enjoying the great outdoors.

When I heard that Tony was interested is selling WesternBass.com, it didn't take long for me to realize that operating this web site would be the perfect marriage of my two passions - fishing and technology!

I hope you will all support WesternBass.com and together we will grow to be the best site for information, knowledge, and just plain fun for bass fishing enthusiasts. I look forward to keeping in touch with everyone in the fishing community!

Kind Regards,

Wayne Wasulko
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Re: Its Official Westernbass.com Sells

Post by blkdog812 »

welcome wayne. thanks for stepping up and keeping the legacey of westernbass going. I'm sure it will be a tough road ahead, but we can't wait to see whats ahead in the future.

good luck
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
Levy

Post by Levy »

Welcome!!!
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Congrats!!! Big thanks to Tony as well!
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Hi, ban Marty from the political forum.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Welcome to the world of Nutcases Wayne..I am looking forward to meeting you and wishing you great success in this undertaking..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Greg_Cornish wrote:Hi, ban Marty from the political forum.
Or at least move his posts to the Jokes forum. :lol:

Wayne,
Welcome. You have some big shoes to fill.
Good luck.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
tbob

Post by tbob »

Congratulations and good luck Wayne, and welcome back to the bass fishing industry.

Bob Twilegar
Western Outdoors Publications
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Wayne,

Thanks!!!! Look forward to talking with you in the near future. Tony really did a great thing that was a continuance from what Bob started. We look forward to supporting your efforts! TEAM HAMILTON
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Welcome to the family!
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Welcome Wayne.
On what weekend do you plan to have the Rally at Clearlake? :lol:
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Congratulations Tony and Wayne! I've only been participating in this sight for 5 or 6 years but I have made several great friends here and through the Rally's. New ownership brings new ideas, new passion and new energy! You have big shoes to fill Wayne but it sounds like you are the right man to take command of this great community!

James Huffmon
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

OH and it's Cornish and Paulson who need to be banned :shock: :shock: :shock: Go Marty!

James
TheFish

Post by TheFish »

Welcome Wayne and congratulations on the sale.

Vince Borrego
Scottsdale, AZ
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Congratulations and look forward to WB continued growth and success under your ownership.
Jerry Warner and Dunphy boats, that brings back memories. We raced Yellowjack/Mercury OB boats back in the late 50's.
Seifert moved back to Arkansas and is still bass fishing to the best of my knowledge.
Good luck.
Tom
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

I don't post anymore normally, but I wanted to say thanks and goodluck to Tony....good job. Welcome Mr. Walsulko, I wish you the best.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
kb

Post by kb »

Wayne is an old friend guys and a stand up guy with some great ideas. Thanks to Tony for all he has done in the past and hope he hangs around in the future.

Wayne deserves our support and a chance to show us all how is planning on taking WB to the next level and I for one am looking forward to seeing it happen and working with him. Nice to have an old friend back in the fishing business.

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
jcruz

Post by jcruz »

Congratulations Mr. Wasulko. Given your business acumen and extensive technological background, you seem like the perfect person to bring new energy and ideas to an already top-notch bass fishing resource. Good luck. jcruz
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

Welcome Wayne!
Looking forward to meeting you one day.
Viva Western Bass!
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
Beach Steve Biechman

Post by Beach Steve Biechman »

Welcome!!!! Tony, good luck, It's time to start using some of those rods I built for you!!!!
I am looking forword to the future of Western Bass. If you are looking for the best in custom fishing rods contact me.

Steve
Beach Steve Biechman
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Welcome Wayne. It's good to see an "old" guy come back. Now help us get some of our old fishermen of their couches and back competing. Good luck with your new project, yell if I can help, everyone knows I'm real good with these *^!++^ computers :D :D
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome. Best of luck Tony. Enjoy your ?free? time.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

Welcome Wayne.

Tony what can I say but thanks man. Your dedication to this site, fishing and California BASS Fed gave me some great memories and experiences. You are a true blue friend man! Keep in touch!

Tom
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
offduty

Post by offduty »

Wayne

Congratulations on buying the site. I hope you have fun with it and it only grows and matures as it has in the past.

Tony

Thanks for making the site what it is today and please dont be a stranger to the board. I wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Rich Lund
Rich
CN

Post by CN »

Good luck Wayne and thank's Tony.

Mike
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Welcome Wayne! Glad you made the "giant" step to fill Tony's shoes. What little I know about the computer, I owe all to Tony!! I have watched you work in the past and know we can expect some exciting things in the future.
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

welcome Wayne, just hope you know what you have taken on, we can be a bit unruly at times. Tony, good luck hope you wont be stranger. Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Tony, congrats. Where's the party?

Wayne, congrats. Where's the party?

PS Marty's cool, don't listen to the ...

8)
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Rod Brown

Post by Rod Brown »

Welcome Wayne,
Wow, I can still envision you wearing that old hat with the Lowrance patch. lol. You use to call on us during the old Saving Center days. Kent is right, Wayne is a great guy and I'm sure he will keep this site up for us for years to come.

Tony and Gator, thank you for all the years helping us want to be bass pro's learn a ton of info. and keep up with the ever changing techniques!

Take care, Rod
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

Welcome Wayne, you will have big shoes to fill. I'm sure you will do fine.
Congratulations Tony you did a great job building this site to what it is. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help in the future.
jb
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

Thanks for keeping it going and good luck to my old friend Tony. Lot's a good memories from this site when we we're all learning to fish.

This site provides tools for a competitve edge for the advanced and a whole bunch of knowledge for those new to the sport.
rexford

Post by rexford »

What an awesome adventure you gave us Tony! All the great
events and friends that we now enjoy. I hope your next
venture is equally as rewarding. Thank you!

Wayne congratulations to you sir. Sounds like we have the
right man for the job. Thank you for keeping us going.

Mike
Pat

Post by Pat »

Tony,

What a long strange trip it has been my friend. Thanks so much for all you have done, your dedication, insight, patience and easy going nature have truly been remarkable. Wishing you the best in whatever endeavor you take on next.

Wayne,

Thank you for picking up the ball to run with it as Tony did from Bob Taylor and Bob before that. I don't come around much these days but continue to hold this sight and those who hang around here dear to my heart. This sight truly changed a lot of lives in many ways. From your introduction and the endorsement of folks I respect I am confident you will keep things going in good directions.

Congratulations to both of you!

Pat Dilling
Olivehurst, CA
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

Good luck to the new ownership and best regards Tony on whatever you decide to do next.

DB
gofish42189

Post by gofish42189 »

Thanks for all you've done Tony. Welcome aboard Wayne, and good luck to you.
lobinaloca

Post by lobinaloca »

Welcome Wayne and thanks for stepping up.
DLA

Post by DLA »

Hello Wayne-

Congratulations on your acquisition of WesternBass.com. I have known you for 30 plus years. I have seen first hand what you did at Mercury and with Lowrance. You have the ability to make anything you are involved with a success. I look forward to what you have in store for WesternBass.com.

I wish you the best with this new endeavor, Don Lee
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Tony, congrats! Thanks for your amazing support of us. You work hard for your money :)....so hard for us honey :).

Wayne, welcome and thanks for stepping up. We look forward to the future!
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Thanks for everything sTony! Let's go fishin'!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

I also look forward to meeting you, and I just wanted to say Thank you for keeping this site up.... Looks like you have the passion for it. :)

Mr. Tony Stoltz will be missed but not forgotten....

See ya on the water,
Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
Sumo

Post by Sumo »

Hi Wayne,
You purchased a great website! It sounds like this is really the perfect match for you and all of us! I am really looking forward to seeing and hearing what is going to happen at this point and I am sure you will do a great job of making the website even better than it is now. Hopefully we will all get to meet you one day soon!

Welcome Aboard and Best of Luck to you!!!
Dale (Sumo)
christopherjake

Post by christopherjake »

Awesome introduction and congrats on purchasing one of the best bass fishing website. Cheers!
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Congrats to both Tony and Wayne as it would seem you both got what you were after. I will continue to contribute when and where I can and follow the site daily as always....Heck I'm in Thailand right now showing all of our Indian tool and diemakers some of my magical tricks and thought I'd show them what bass fishing is about.Isn't it an amazing techno world we live in now? This site continues to be the most advanced and informational site go'n.....We your fellow nutcase's thank you Tony for all that has been done for us in the past and hope Wayne has as good a run here also.

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Congrats, Wayne! Once fishing gets a hook in you ... ;)
Caveman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image Image
Marc

Post by Marc »

Congratulations, Wayne. Mike Campbell and I were talking about you at the Puyallup Sportsman Show today; were your ears burning?

Tony, good luck, and go fishin'!

ciao,
Marc Marcantonio
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
Jerry Fournier

Post by Jerry Fournier »

Wayne,
Congrats on your new venture I am excited for you and the future of Westernbass.com. Tony has done an amazing job keeping everyones interest glued to his site everyday for years. I know that many of us could not go a day without checking in on the site for the latest news, or products, and information. I have enjoyed and appreciated the great support Westernbass.com has given me when I am promoting the Toys for the Troops Kids charity bass tournament. What a great partnership they have been to all who have charities helping those who are in need. Thank you Tony and your team for the many years of enjoyment you have provided us. Wayne, Like all of us who are passionate about the great sport of Bass Fishing we appreciate and thank you for keeping the fire burning.

Wishing you the Best,

Jerry Fournier
www.jerryfournier.com
Howard Hughes

Post by Howard Hughes »

Congratulations Wayne so now its offical I like your enthusiasm. I first met Wayne in the 1980's, we were talking flashers for depth finders. His van showed up at almost all the touraments back then and he was taking care of Lowrance customers with a smile, and the same enthusiasm he is showing now. With his past experience in the Marine and Fishing Industry and computer savy he's an excellent fit for Westernbass.com. What I personally like is having an old friend back in the picture.
Thanks Tony for all you have done for us!

Howard Hughes
Last edited by Howard Hughes on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mike Campbell

Post by Mike Campbell »

Wayne, congratulations on your new position and ownership of Western Bass.com.
As both of us know you’re a person who’s at the right place at the right time always.
In this case once again you’re in the right place, with the passion you started with 30 years ago in
the bass world. Going back in time to the days you and I work on planting Christmas trees in Lake Mead
to the San Francisco shark derby , your passion for making fishing better has always been a driving force and
focus. With that said I can’t wait to see what you have in-store for Western Bass.com . I’m looking forward on being part of this new ride. Congratulations

Best regards,
Mike
MIKE CAMPBELL| SR. REGIONAL SALES MANAGER | NAVICO AMERICAS

12000 E Skelly Dr | Tulsa, OK 74128-2800 USA | Tel: 1-509-682-3376
Fax: 1-509-682-3245 | Web: www.navico.com
Confidentiality Notice | This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.
tjan

Post by tjan »

Get ready Wayne this will be a fun ride. Most of you don't know that we are pulling
Wayne out of retirement. When I found out about Westernbass.com being for sale
the first person I thought of was Wayne. With your experiences in the fishing industry,all those show dogs, computer expertise I knew this would be the perfect
place for you. I then called Donna and asked her if she wouldn't mind getting you out of the house. She said PLEASE. I think Donna didn't know you would turn this
into a seven day a week project. However with everything you do it turns into a
seven day project, just joking. So that was when I called you and informed you of this opportunity. I know you spent two weeks thinking about this and talking to old factory rep some of them even still working. Right Mikey! Everyone I have talked
to was excited about your returning to the industry. The majority of the people
do not know how lucky we all are to have taking over this website. They will find out and be amazed of your ability of not standing still(sitting maybe) and always being in upgrade mode. Now that this will be by first post there will be more to follow. I might even tell some little bit stories. KB knows what Iam talking about. I think he still fishes them.

Well Wayne enjoy the ride, Your Friend Tom alias Spud
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

JamesH wrote:OH and it's Cornish and Paulson who need to be banned :shock: :shock: :shock: Go Marty!

James
+1

Welcome
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM