Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon Line

Rich hamilton

Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon Line

Post by Rich hamilton »

Thoughts on it? Thanks in advance, Richie Rich
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Champion Jon

Re: Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon Line

Post by Champion Jon »

Way to expensive for me! I think its a rip off. The other seagaur lines have worked well for me, but the cost of this will keep me from trying it.
Mike Thomas

Post by Mike Thomas »

Great stuff! strong,sensitive, ties well and seems pretty durable. I use alot of Seaguar InvisX and been very pleased with it. After talking with a few people about the Tatsu line and hearing what they had to say about it, I bought a 200 yd spool of 6#, Put 100 yds on one of my darthead rigs and the other 100yds on a Senko rod. The stuff is awesome. 40 bucks a spool is a little steep but I think it equals out because I dont seem to need to re-spool as often.
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

its very strong stuff...its nice stuff. But for the cost I can't fathom spending $40 a spool. I just use the InVisix and Abrazix and those are amazing lines. No reason for anything higher priced...unless you spend a few bucks more for the Sugoi by Yamamoto
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
zaldain

Post by zaldain »

You get what you pay for. Seaguar Tatsu is the strongest and softest fluorocarbon line made, period. This is because Seaguar is the only manufacturer that extrudes 2 different 100% fluorocarbon resins into one solid piece. The harder interior resin is for tensile strength and longevity, while the softer exterior resin is for knot strength and flexibility.

I used to run super thin braid with a Tatsu leader on my Powell/Shimano spinning rigs. I now run approximately 60 yards of solid Tatsu top shot on each of my Stradics for tournament fishing. Let me tell you, I've really learned to appreciate the strength and consistency of a solid piece of Tatsu fluorocarbon when fishing for a 1st place trophy.

Btw, I have 2 spinning rods in the boat with 6 lb Tatsu that I use every weekend. I spooled those rods up the night of the partner pairing at the Shasta Everstart! No problems after nearly a month!

I'd say it's worth a try. Good luck!

Chris Zaldain
basslayer

Post by basslayer »

Its really good line. I would highly recommend it for all your light line applications. It seems to last longer with less memory and its the stongest floro i've used. When your using 8lb or less it really makes a difference.
http://www.powellco.com
www.eyesurrendernow.com
Saulsbury's Earthmovers

Adam Ochoa
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Might look into trying the new Pro Elite line by Vicious, really good stuff and not the super high price.
Micropterus salmoides

Post by Micropterus salmoides »

I use 16lb and 20lb Toray SuperHard. I've heard that Tatsu is supple, strong, and has good knot strength. How does it's abrasion resistance compare to Toray SuperHard, which is one of most abrasion resistant floros? What about stretch? I know Seaguar stretches more than Toray, so I'm interested in how it compares to either or both.
donkeyfish

Post by donkeyfish »

For me, it is the best line I have used for spinning reels. I wouldn't use it for my casting reels, the Invizx or Abrazx does the job. I bought some 6lb for my drop shot rod, and I was very impressed. I have swung lots of 2lb spots into the boat with the 6lb test, and have yet to break a fish off (knock on wood). If you are not on a budget, I would say it is worth it. My $.02