Best value crankbait rod

CJ13

Best value crankbait rod

Post by CJ13 »

Looking for everyone's opinion on what is the best value ($) crankbait rod out there. Looking to throw DD 22 size crankbaits on it. Thanks for your opinions.

CJ
Rod Martin

Re: Best value crankbait rod

Post by Rod Martin »

Bass pro shops cranking stick. They are super low priced and I can feel everything.
I have loomis, kisler and other high dollar rods I use for jiggin , worms and finnise work. But for crankin, I have found nothing that feels any better than BPS
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Smee Again

Post by Smee Again »

Rod Martin wrote:Bass pro shops cranking stick. They are super low priced and I can feel everything.
I have loomis, kisler and other high dollar rods I use for jiggin , worms and finnise work. But for crankin, I have found nothing that feels any better than BPS
Agreed! Try the 7'6" MH Crankin' Stick for the DD22. Works great and launches them a mile!

SA
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

+1 on the BPS 7'6" MH Crankin Stick. I used a couple of them for 3-4 years until I upgraded to a Dobyns 804CB. Great rod for the money, I have recommended them to many folks over the years.
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
redneck078

Post by redneck078 »

I really like the Abu Garcia Veritas 7'6"mh. It has the length i need for casting long distances and at $99 its hard to beat the price. Ive been really impressed with their rods.
Team ngc

Post by Team ngc »

Okuma EVX 7 foot glass crank rod it retails for 89.99 and this rod throws everything from dd 22 to lipless cranks on 65 pound briad and you can also throw blades with it.

If you have any questions with okuma give me a call im a pro staffer

Thanks
George Corp
916-899-9567
Go Big or Go Home
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

We have a rod that was specifically designed for DD 22. We call it 805 CB RM. The RM is for Randy McAbee, he put finishing touches on this stick because he is the master with DD 22. Most do not realize everything you need in a DD 22 rod. It has to have the right everything for long distant casting, pulling power so you don't work yourself to death fishing them, and action for fighting fish. It's certainly not as cheap as others mentioned here, but if you want a straight up DD 22 rod, give it a look.
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

..some years back i bought 5 mitchell rods from k-mart for about 30 bucks apiece...i've caught 10-15 lb stripers with no problem on these and 5 lb blackies are a piece of cake..6 guides and a long handle on the rod, i would have liked 1 more guide though...i never broke a rod and i beat them pretty good...i run 5500 garcia baitcasters on them..for myself i would never pay big money [$100] on up for a rod..you dont have to....xman
hawghustler

Post by hawghustler »

I own a small tackle and rod building company and build 2 rods that are excellent for fishing the dd22. The first is an 8' graphite stick and the 2nd is a 7'10" glass rod. I prefer the glass if the rod will be exclusivley for cranking while the graphite model is more versatile. Hit me up if you would like more information.