Fishing Rancho Murieta lakes

dnewsom

Fishing Rancho Murieta lakes

Post by dnewsom »

Has anyone fished the lakes at Rancho Murieta ouside of Sacramento? If so, what? when? how big? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
fishn4bass

Re: Fishing Rancho Murieta lakes

Post by fishn4bass »

Which lakes are you speaking about? There are private lakes on some of the land in that area.You have to be a member to fish those.It's private property.
M A J

Post by M A J »

i bought my first house there in 93 it used to be unreal fishing there are three lakes and you used to be able to hang an outboard but electric only.now its only electric no big motor at all.i used to some days make a three lake run in a day giving myself two hours on ea. and would have on some days 200 fish days with best 5 sometimes around 40-45 lbs.after i moved out of there i was dying to fish it after about five years and a friend of mine lived there so i went with him.we were greeted by about four other boats on ea lake and we had to work our asses off to catch a 5 fish limit for 10 lbs.two more trips on perfect days and worse outcome.its like they say all good things come to an end or it was on a down cycle.i also heard from another buddy a big group of viet namese were sneeking in from the back and hauling out huge stringers of fish.
BIG SACK
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

Its been about 5 years since I have fished two of the bigger lakes in Murieta. Electric trolling motor only for your boat. Fish it all year round. Drag splitshot or C-rig nightcrawlers around dam side along rocks in the winter worked good if you want to bait fish. Ripbaits,senko,grubs,jigs,and plasticts this time of year outside of the tule and weed lines. As summer comes and the hot days get here shallow early morning then find the deep water grass and fish right in it. Biggest fish was A little over 7lbs.

Good luck, Terry
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
somneim

Post by somneim »

Is someone have photos of that place? Google show me nothing that I can trust.
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

somneim wrote:Is someone have photos of that place? Google show me nothing that I can trust.
They are just big ponds and if you don't know anyone that lives there you can't get in.Well LEGALLY :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Rancho seco lake by the cooling towers can be good. There are 10# plus in there that are full of stocked rainbows. Electric or kick boat only.

The shooting range out there has a pond that is untouched, there mostly all rats but they had never seen a Senko before and almost every cast was a fish. You have to join the shooting club to fish it.
LL
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

It used to be fairly easy to get into RM, but poaching got so bad and the fish got so depleted, about a year ago they posted all three lakes and started prosecuting non-residents for trespassing. Their residents and security now contact the sheriffs department and they respond. Something to consider.
fishing freak

Post by fishing freak »

i have been there once with a friends that new a guy that lived their which"hates the politics in the community" but anyways it was some good fishing senkos was the best bait. ive been only told an see they have nice fish. like the guys\ said above i bet people went in an started taking out the fish, which people that dont respect the sport do an kill the fishing habitats everywhere. which i hate :twisted: !!! if you make it out good luck i hope you get a bigen an throw her back for the next man , thanx
IF IT SWIMS, I'M FISHING FOR IT!