Paypal and eBay

offduty

Paypal and eBay

Post by offduty »

I assume you guys know that Paypal and eBay are owned by the same folks. Starting today if you sell on eBay using Paypal you will get an electronic form so the income can be claimed on your taxes. Not sure how this works exactly but I have some high dollar swimbaits for sale and I paid sales tax when I bought them. I do not intend to pay that tax again and eBay will not let me end the auction and there are no bids yet. Just a heads up for you guys. I know this aint directly fishing related but I wanted to let you know. Looks like I will not be using Paypal anymore and probably not eBay either.

Rich
Rich
Kolt45

Re: Paypal and eBay

Post by Kolt45 »

offduty,

I've been dealing with these two companies for 7 years now. Here's a tip for you (and anyone else who is interested): Jack up your shipping cost to cover the tax. Neither ebay or Paypal can't get their cut on shipping, just the final sales price. You can't get taxed or charged for shipping charges!!! If the person buys your item, they had better read the everything in the listing, including the shipping cost. Ebay will try to tell you that your shipping is too high for whatever it is you're trying to sell, but they can't do a thing about it! Just think of all of your effort, time, packing materials and most importantly, the cost of freakin' GAS to AND from the post office, UPS or whatever shipping company you use.

STICK IT TO THE MAN AND DON"T LOOK BACK :!: :!: :o :lol: :lol: