best fluorocarbon for flipping?

Quasiboato

best fluorocarbon for flipping?

Post by Quasiboato »

never really used it on a long rod what brand works best?
Team ngc

Re: best fluorocarbon for flipping?

Post by Team ngc »

vicous elite flourocarbon 20lb.
Go Big or Go Home
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

If my team partner was using viscious fluro I would unspool his reel and throw his line out - :mrgreen:

I have been using Maxima 100% and love it, the Triliene 100% is good in a pinch too.
thukidad

Post by thukidad »

been using seaguar.. haven't lost a fish yet :wink:
nipples

Post by nipples »

Any decent heavy Fluoro should do fine in close quarters. I prefer p-line 100% and I usually buy it in 2000 yard spools. It's really good quality line for the price and it is UV Resistant (so the sun will not weaken it). It also faired pretty well in the TT fluoro showdown (http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbon2.html). And the line diameter per lb is on the smaller (better) end of the spectrum. 12LB Maxima is .31mm where 12LB p-line is .30mm and 10LB Seaguar is .30mm and 10LB Gamma Edge is .31mm (which is worth noting for some of those TT stress tests). There are a lot of Fluoros that don't have UV protection, although I'm not convinced it matters, it's a little extra piece of mind. I generally buy mine from Tackle Warehouse http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/P-Line_U ... PLPFC.html.

Oh... Also... I highly recommend your stay away from p-line halo... That stuff is junk... I prefished with it on a rod at Clearlake for about 40 minutes and I put that rod back in the locker. Later that night, I stripped the halo off and respooled with the regular p-line 100%. That halo kept twisting, backlashing, and was a nightmare. I even drug it out behind the boat for a few minutes and it was still bad. Since then, I fished with a friend who was using it and he kept breaking off fish... Neither of us will go near it again.

I also like the Trilene 100% and Bass Pro Fluoro. But I really like bulk spools. On the smaller spools, I end up wasting a ton of line from every spool. With 1 bulk spool, I get a lot more bang for the buck and it goes a lot further.

Good Luck,

-Nips-
Do it like no one is watching...
BigRob

Post by BigRob »

I WOULDN'T GO ANY LESS THAN 20LB AND IVE ALWAYS BEEN A SEAGUAR MAN MYSELF BUT I HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH STREN FLUORO ALSO
dockboy

Post by dockboy »

P-Line 100% and Seaguar are both good for me. I have used Halo without any issues, actually like the green color for low light situations. It worked fine for me, but its was also in 20lb as a flippin' outfit. Have not fished it for anything else, though I have several buddies who do and love it.
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

I really Like Seaguar. I been fishing the stuff alot. I been using a lot of 6lb test around trees in very clear water. It's very sensitive, strong and worry free stuff.

I use to use a lot of p-line 100% FC and still got a few remaining spools. I trust the stuff and it fishes well to. The Seaguar seems to just run a little thinner.

I do not like Triline or Stren FC's. They just seem a little to soft for my likings.

Steven
edbass

Post by edbass »

25 lb XPS from bass Pro Shops. Never had a problem.
flipit

Post by flipit »

I use 25lb Trilene 100% and love it.
Fishing should be fun.
offduty

Post by offduty »

Sunline Shooter Metan
Rich
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

Make sure you use the harder fluoro lines, like Sunline Shooter or Abraz-X, around hard cover. The softer lines, like Inviz-X or Sniper, usualy test lower because they are also a smaller diameter. Stay away from small diameter lines! They can't handle the shock of the hookset with today's big rods and thick wire hooks.
Last edited by toddmc on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacheater81

Post by Peacheater81 »

toddmc wrote:Make sure you use the harder fluoro lines, like Sunline Shooter or abras-X, around hard cover. The softer lines, like invis-X or Sniper, usualy test lower because they are also a smaller diameter. Stay away from small diameter lines! They can't handle the shock of the hookset with today's big rods and thick wire hooks.

+1...The higher end stuff is better. Vicious flouro is the worst I have tried....terrible stuff. Seaguar, Sunline, Berkeley etc in 20lb works for me.
Deadstick

Post by Deadstick »

I suggest Berkley Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon Professional Grade. I currently use the 25 lb. for both flipping and pitchin' and have had great results!
onemocast

Post by onemocast »

20 # BERKELY VANISH. SUPER LIMP...SUPER STRONG. YOU GOTTA TRY THIS STUFF! I HAVE YET TO BREAK A FISH OFF DUE TO THIS LINE NOT BEING STRONG ENOUGH >
JIM EATON onemocast@yahoo.com

dmcustombaits.com
abugarcia.com
berkley-fishing.com
purefishing.com
BHQ.com
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

The best is Bass Seil. Dont let the diameter fool you. It is very limp and as strong as anything on the market. Good luck getting it, but if you have a connection to get it, the best bar none. Now that I am back working, It will be the only fluro I use for flipping.
Smitty
resqd1

Post by resqd1 »

17lb McCoy
www.denalirods.com
www.pro-cure.com
www.mccoyfishingline.com
www.berserkbaits.com
www.koppersfishing.com
www.grantparkerphotography.com
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

There's a lot of good Flouros out there as all the manufacturers are starting to get the process down after 14 years of trial and error. Everyone has their own opinon one way or another, like many of the products we use today for bass fishing. Get a couple different brands, spool up and see what best fits yer fishing needs.

When not using Yamamoto's Sugoi, I've got a lot of reels spooled with both the Stren & Berkely 100% FCs. I keep plenty of extra spools in the boat of both 20 & 25 that I'll spool my clients up with when needed. The Berkeley 100% FC is still the number one flouro used by the Touring pros on the BASS & FLW Tours. Post tournament results in both their magazines continue to support this claim. Pure Fishing's line up of FCs are readily found in most all tackleshops as well as yer local Walmarts, so it's availability is far more convinient than any othe Flouro, and it's fairly priced by comparison.

Also, don't forget to pick up a bottle of KVD's Line & Lure Conditioner, that stuff is magic on all fluoro lines, as well as yer braids too!