Lexington Res Opening 1 July

PapaJohn454

Lexington Res Opening 1 July

Post by PapaJohn454 »

Email rcvd from Klett, Kelly [Kelly.Klett@PRK.SCCGOV.ORG]

Pappa John,

I see from on-line posts that you have been following our Vessel Inspection and Boating Activities in County Parks.

You may be interested in knowing that the Water District approved expanding recreational boating opportunities at Lexington on May 24, 2011. County Parks expects that our Board will make the same decision tomorrow, June 7, 2011. If all goes as planned, we will be re-opening boating at Lexington (subject to passing Vessel Inspection) on or about July 1, 2011.

Sincerely,

Kelly Klett
PapaJohn
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, Jesus, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
raymond

Re: Lexington Res Opening 1 July

Post by raymond »

Wow that would be great!!Would the same bands from calero and coyote work for inspections?
r
rexford

Post by rexford »

I would imagine that this is for non power boats only?
PapaJohn454

Post by PapaJohn454 »

Sorry for the delay in replying but the darn password protection had me locked out for a week!!
(Thanks Cooch for helping resolve the snafu.)

Kelly Klett, Management Analyst for the County of Santa Clara Parks and Recreation Department
emailed me the following addtional information:

1. Lake IS going to open.
"The Board accepted our recommendation this morning. Lexington will be definitely opening."

2. Powered boats can launch but must use the trolling motor only:
"Yes you can launch, however both motors would be part of the inspection process. You would have to lower the gas motor to make sure it is clean and dry. If water leaks out, the inspector will fail you. You are best off just removing it to make sure you pass inspection.

If you do pass inspection, and launch, don’t use the gas motor. If you are found to be using it, in lieu of the electric motor, you would be subject to citation."

3. Will accept inspection bands from other Santa Clara Lakes:"Vessels or float tubes that have a properly affixed band from another Santa Clara County Park location will be accepted at Lexington. We will also have a Vessel Inspection Station at Lexington to inspect un-banded boats, and to band retrievals from the water upon departure."
PapaJohn
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, Jesus, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
Peacheater81

Post by Peacheater81 »

Did anybody get out to Lex yet? I was hoping to, but couldn't make it on opening weekend. Any reports? PM me if you don't wanna post! 8)